Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 07:28 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,217,971 times

Advertisements

GothereasquickasIcould: still waiting for you to post the lies you said Kavannaugh told under oath.

When will we get to see these?

Old 09-24-2018, 07:30 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please! Just GET OVER IT!!!!

If you want "lying vindictive," look no further than Obama and Hillary.
Even if they were, and you provided empirical and unimpeachable evidence of it, how would that make Trump less guilty? Deflection and trying to chnage the subject doesn't work at all any more. You guys need a better tactic.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:30 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
GothereasquickasIcould: still waiting for you to post the lies you said Kavannaugh told under oath.

When will we get to see these?
You won't. It's a paid talking point brought to you by the DNC...

Old 09-24-2018, 07:31 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Do you think a local police dept would have the ability to locate witnesses located around the US and interview them in person under oath. We been discussing this for a week and it could have already been completed.

Waiting on the dr to file the complaint...why won't she?

Old 09-24-2018, 07:31 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
We wouldn't know. Hundreds of thousands of pages of documents have been hidden from Democrats in the rush to force him through confirmation. Why? The truth will out, as they say. Either Kavanaugh deserves the confirmation or he doesn't. But Rs are in a mad rush to confirm him because they are afraid the House will flip to D following the midterms and Democrats will refuse his confirmation. As for Kavanaugh's acquaintances testifying to his good character, that means nothing. Automatically discounting the allegation of a woman who says she was assaulted in your partisan zeal is despicable. Many people with sterling reputations have done very bad things. Just ask the Catholic church. Besides, Blasey is a college professor with a sterling reputation of her own. What could she possibly have to gain by bringing this up?

I am not saying Kavanaugh is guilty. I have no idea if he is or not. But just as in the Russia investigation, there should be a thorough investigation. If he's guilty, he doesn't deserve a lifetime on the highest court in the land. Unless of course, Republicans now believe that "boys will be boys" and this behavior is also excusable, a rationalization I no longer discount in our bizarre political climate.
Bingo.

This is a lifetime appointment to the highest court of our nation.

We need to examine all the documents. Listen to all the witnesses.

At this point, it seems clear that during the Bush administration Kavanaugh was involved in matters that the Republicans would like to keep hidden, including the legal opinion justifying torture and using stolen documents.

It is also clear that Kavanaugh lied about these matters under oath.

It is also clear that Kavanaugh is of the opinion that the POTUS is above the rule of law. This seems a strange stance for a Justice on the Supreme Court.

At great risk to their reputations and perhaps even their lives, women are now stepping forward to accuse Kavanaugh of being a sexual predator.

Lot of questions that need to be answered before appointing this man to sit on the SCOTUS.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:32 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
This is a hot mess. Hardly anybody is going to be the least bit rational about this on either side. Ugh.
Just wait and see what happens when the decision is made. Protests, violence etc is a real possibility if he is seated on the Supreme Court. The leftists will absolutely go nutters if this me to assault does not work.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:32 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I am socially liberal (pro choice, pro gay marriage etc) while also lean conservative with tax issues and foreign affairs. The last thing I want is another pro life anti gay marriage judge on the SC. However, this new allegation has me so conflicted.
I have played way too many "drinking games" in my younger life. I have also done some stupid things during these drinking games (I mean the point of drinking games is to get as intoxicated as possible). I have seen so many disturbing things (that I can remember!) during drinking games like Truth or Dare. Fast forward to my adult life, I would never want to be judged on my past behavior while I was a "kid" completely intoxicated. Either would I want my peers to be judged on the same. I wonder if this new lady has come forward would want to be judged by the way she acted during these drinking games where she was intoxicated and slurring on the ground? Would she feel that is fair?
Alcohol doesn't release anything that wasn't already there. Take that from someone who has been clean and sober for 32 years and counting.

Alcohol is not an excuse here, any more than is would be if he had run over somebody while drunk.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:36 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If it's demonstrated that she lied, can Kavanaugh sue her for defamation? (Not that he would.....he'd look vindictive....but just wondering from a legal standpoint.)
If his nomination is withdrawn he absolutely should sue her and this second woman. It is not vindictive to want to clear your name. If he sues them they will be testifying under oath without the title “victim” to protect them from hard questions. What is more, there will be no demanding of special considerations - they will be sitting in the same room with him.

1,874 posts, read 819,384 times
This second woman is also a complete phony and just another attempt to delay. The vote must be held this week. I really don't care if the Ford woman gets to testify as she is a fraud.

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Bingo.

This is a lifetime appointment to the highest court of our nation.

We need to examine all the documents. Listen to all the witnesses.

At this point, it seems clear that during the Bush administration Kavanaugh was involved in matters that the Republicans would like to keep hidden, including the legal opinion justifying torture and using stolen documents.

It is also clear that Kavanaugh lied about these matters under oath.

It is also clear that Kavanaugh is of the opinion that the POTUS is above the rule of law. This seems a strange stance for a Justice on the Supreme Court.

At great risk to their reputations and perhaps even their lives, women are now stepping forward to accuse Kavanaugh of being a sexual predator.

Lot of questions that need to be answered before appointing this man to sit on the SCOTUS.
Still waiting for PROOF. There are NOT "lot of questions", what there are is lots of FALSE, UNPROVEN accusations.
Maybe you should return to or contact your employer (DNC) and get some clarification?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies