Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 12:42 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I thought the same thing when I heard that testimony. He was trying to stop it without Kavanaugh being aware that he was trying to stop it.
That scenario sounds credible to me--
Because if you have read anything about Mark Judge after high school--he was also troubled in that his drug/alcohol use continued and was sort of out of control--didn't finish college--
Has had sort of an aimless, non-focused life and is estranged from his family
So Judge could be suffering from some trauma of his participation in untoward events he was party to
He was not the real predator in that room---he was protective coloration to certain extent for Kavanaugh--
His wingman--maybe helping him, being his witness to his prowess

And Ford also admitted she struggled to succeed in first years at college
Also she has had emotional carryover from this trauma throughout her life even though she has lot of markers that show a level of success both professional and personal that others would rate as very positive...

Consider that Brett Kavanaugh is the only one who apparently didn't really suffer and trauma from these alleged activities in prep school and college
He was focused, determined, and very successful in achieving his goals which eventually included being nominated for the Supreme Court--

People are traumatized by predators--predators don't feel trauma--
Predators don't look back
Predators don't show remorse
Predators don't feel others' pain

Now you may not believe Kavanaugh did assault Ford or other actions he has been called out for

I just think the FBI investigation would prove that he was a party boy, he certainly was routinely a hard drinker at those parties, and that there are people who have been involved in harassment episodes because of Kavanaugh and people who know about that...
To me that backs up Ford's version more than it backs up Kavanaugh's "I was a choir boy"...

And I still think there are teachers at that school who likely know a lot about what went on who have not been asked for information...

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Let's see what, if anything is revealed in Kavanaugh's testimony, but if there is no bombshell, the vote will be delayed and/or the nomination will be pulled.

The Republicans are in a terrible situation here, right before the midterm elections, just as the Democrats wanted it. Face it, the Democrats played not just dirty, but filthy and they have probably succeeded.
Yes, there is no way they can win now.

Dems are literally abominable creatures.

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
yeah, real dirty.

you have a short memory.

how dirty was it to not convene, for a WHOLE YEAR, when Obama was president, on his nominee?

those scumbags denied a democratic president his rightful nominee. but now let's hurry up and put BK on the court.
But... but... but... that's because we are the GOOD guys, can't you tell? We celebrate men in office who don't bat an eyelash at the objectification of women.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:43 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,554 times
John Roberts is clueless on Fox News. Why would they not be able to get another nominee through by January?! I can understand Election Day but give me a break that they couldn’t do it in the next two months

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
I didn't see or hear the testimony from Ford but a lot of Kavanaugh supporters seem to be conceding defeat right now. Was her testimony that good?

Name one.

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I think something happened to her, at some party at sometime.
I suspect it was a different group of boys. The different group of "boys" were not important and it became clear she had to come forward to use this as a excuse.
I totally agree. I also think it's very likely the boy who lived in that house assaulted her. He supposedly looks like Kavanaugh so being drunk in a dark room it would be easy to make a mistake. Even if two other men come forward now and say they did it they wouldn't be believed! That's how politicized this has become.

We've all seen news stories of innocent men incarcerated and how they looked like the real criminal. That's why eye witnesses always need corroboration. Pattern of behavior is very important.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
John Roberts is clueless on Fox News. Why would they not be able to get another nominee through by January?! I can understand Election Day but give me a break that they couldn’t do it in the next two months
This is what boggles my mind about the Republican strategy. It all goes back to their fear of Trump. Trump has told them to dance, and by God they will dance or die.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:44 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
yeah, real dirty.

you have a short memory.

how dirty was it to not convene, for a WHOLE YEAR, when Obama was president, on his nominee?

those scumbags denied a democratic president his rightful nominee. but now let's hurry up and put BK on the court.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:45 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,422,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
My wife was watching Ford's testimony while I couldn't. I plan to watch a recording of her testimony soon...

I just asked my wife what she thought, and at least according to my wife, "the whole thing is sickening," and she has no doubt Ford is telling the truth. Kavanaugh needs to withdraw and we Americans be thankful there are women like Ford to see to it that men like Kavanaugh don't get away with what Kavanaugh did to her.

I told her about all the comments in this thread suggesting otherwise, and she can't begin to understand how anyone would judge Ford's testimony differently. Far as she is concerned, based on what she saw and heard, there is no question Ford is telling the truth, so...

Either Ford is a fine actress able to convince women like my wife she is telling the truth, or, soon to see for myself...

It was in college. I wouldnt say rape went on, but a lot of things go on during this time. Many girls and guys do things, stupid things partying during this time. If he did do something, I would respect him a whole lot more if he did says things happened during this time in college, just not forcibly with woman. Most guys in college see this kind of thing, or engage in it some how.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
It was in college. I wouldnt say rape went on, but a lot of things go on during this time. Many girls and guys do things, stupid things partying during this time. If he did do something, I would respect him a whole lot more if he did says things happened during this time in college, just not forcibly with woman.
Respect him a "whole lot more"? That anyone can respect this guy at ALL now that we know he is a liar at every level? I don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies