Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 03:20 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
How can you investigate a physical crime from 37 years ago without knowing when and where it allegedly occurred?

You cannot.

I'm not the FBI and neither are you.

The decision has been made. The investigation is happening. It's time to accept that.

Maybe they'll turn up with nothing - and it will be what it will be - and that's fine.

At least there will have been a fair process - on both sides - just as Kavanaugh claimed he wanted on Fox TV.

That's all we've been asking.

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
The investigation could have occurred during the course of the other ones already done, had Senator Feinstein not tried to play a political game. This is all on her as far as I am concerned. She failed the Democrats.

I think he behaved better than most would in a similar situation. I don't think I could have maintained much decorum at all when she asked me any questions.

There is no proof and actually just the opposite. There has been much refutation. It is time to take the vote.

cd :O)
OK, we'll come clean.

It was really payback for what Mitch McConnel did to the Democrats when he Mounted Merrick Garland on a pike in front of the SCOTUS and refused to acknowledge that Garland even existed or was nominated for a year or more. You DO remember Merrick Garland, don't you?

Never forget that politics is a dirty, nasty, no holds barred, winner take all, alley fight.
And then there's the ugly side of it.

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
There you go Ford’s team saying you can’t do this in a week
Yep, just saw this. Only wants the truth out there my foot. They are willing participants in the duplicitous actions of Feinstein and other Democrats. They want to delay, delay, delay until they can get to the midterm and they're using Ford to do so. Of course her lawyer told her to say this as her lawyer was provided for her by the flipping Democrats!

17,346 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
How can you investigate a physical crime from 37 years ago without knowing when and where it allegedly occurred?

You cannot.
Maybe the FBI will be able to get some fingerprints or DNA from every house within a 5 mile radius where this was alleged to have happened 36 years ago

6,933 posts, read 2,393,123 times
Quote:
They are not the Senate; they don't set parameters.

8,726 posts, read 7,417,747 times
Quote:
Well, they are trying to prevent him from being nominated, that is the entire point of this whole thing.

The FBI investigation will be nothing more than interviewing the five witnesses Ford claims was there, and analyzing all statements to date made. That will not take long at all.

It may need to take longer if something significant is discovered, but that would not be up to the FBI, they will be given a timeline to complete.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:21 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
You have got to be kidding me!!!! So now Dr. Ford and her attorneys want to dictate the time and scope of the FBI investigation?!?!?!? When in the heck did did this one lady become the person who decides how our nation is conducted?

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Well then Ford's toast.....

The FBI will be investigating "allegations" against Kavanaugh....not a background check on Kavanaugh.

The includes investigating the person making those "allegations"...

...and Ford has 4 sworn affidavits against her saying she's lying
The affidavits indicate they had no knowledge, not lying.

mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,453,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
OK, we'll come clean.

It was really payback for what Mitch McConnel did to the Democrats when he Mounted Merrick Garland on a pike in front of the SCOTUS and refused to acknowledge that Garland even existed or was nominated for a year or more. You DO remember Merrick Garland, don't you?

Also - you wanna talk "GAMES"..... how about releasing ALL the documentation 100K pages to the Democrats on the committee?

What are you hiding?

Old 09-28-2018, 03:22 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,063,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Well, now hopefully Fords character will be investigated as well.

That is the positive I take from this recent turn.
Yes....and perhaps they can look into her "saintly" (NOT) background..

Such as:

https://www.realclearinvestigations....yearbooks.html

"the annual class books feature a photo of an underage Ford attending at least one party, alongside a caption boasting of girls passing out from binge drinking. Her yearbooks also openly reference sexually promiscuous behavior by the girls, including targeting boys at Kavanaugh’s alma mater, Georgetown Prep, an all-boys school in the affluent Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C. Ford attended neighboring Holton-Arms School, an all-girls academy"

...oh, but wait...I can already here feminazis and lib tardz screaming "THEY ARE HARASSING AND BLAMING THE VICTIM.....PAY NO ATTENTION TO WHAT'S BEHIND HER CURTAIN!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies