Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 03:28 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times

Advertisements

I suspect the Ford people don’t want this FBI investigation because it will double down on there’s no evidence on Ford’s claim.
They want people’s image left with Ford the frail credible victim at the hearing.
And they certainly don’t want the FBI doing a check on Fords past sex or drinking life......where is HER yearbook?!?

Old 09-28-2018, 03:28 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The affidavits indicate they had no knowledge, not lying.
Ford claimed she had 4 witnesses that were there, knew what happened..and would corroborate her story...

..4 people signed affidavits stating she lied about that....they had no knowledge of any party, were not there, and her key witness went so far as to state she didn't even know Kavanaugh

Stating you "have" 4 witnesses that "can" corroborate your story...when you don't...is lying

Saying people knew and were somewhere when they were not....is lying

Old 09-28-2018, 03:29 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So it appears that the FBI investigation is a "supplemental" update of Kavanaugh's background check:
Trump orders supplemental FBI investigation of Kavanaugh allegations before floor vote

President Trump on Friday ordered the FBI to conduct a "supplemental" investigation into the allegations of sexual assault against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, but wants it completed within a week.

“I’ve ordered the FBI to conduct a supplemental investigation to update Judge Kavanaugh’s file," Trump said in a statement. "As the Senate has requested, this update must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week.”

Earlier, the Senate Judiciary Committee said it is requesting that Trump “instruct the FBI” to conduct the investigation, which would be “limited to current credible allegations against the nominee and must be completed no later than one week from today.”

Yes?
What else were you expecting?

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I hope they find out who paid for the polygraph.....
I hope they find out who likely had his hand over Ford's mouth and the moral character of that person based jupon other things he has done.

1,718 posts, read 1,055,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
But she asked for the investigation and underwent a polygraph and passed but you place the one that wants neither in a place of integrity and as the victim in this?
I wonder why they didn't record the polygraph test?

And what day did she take it again? Was it on the day of her grandmothers funeral or the day after? She doesn't even know.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:30 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
What will the Loonies do when these 'investigations' yield nothing -- or worse -- info detrimental to the Dems' side? Will they riot? Slash tires? Burn cars? Bomb? Drag Republicans out of restaurants and beat them to a pulp?

I'm still wondering about the two men whom Grassley referenced as giving statements saying they may have been at that Ford party. Is this being saved as a gotcha while the Dems continue to look bad?

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So it appears that the FBI investigation is a "supplemental" update of Kavanaugh's background check:
Trump orders supplemental FBI investigation of Kavanaugh allegations before floor vote

President Trump on Friday ordered the FBI to conduct a "supplemental" investigation into the allegations of sexual assault against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, but wants it completed within a week.

“I’ve ordered the FBI to conduct a supplemental investigation to update Judge Kavanaugh’s file," Trump said in a statement. "As the Senate has requested, this update must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week.”

Earlier, the Senate Judiciary Committee said it is requesting that Trump “instruct the FBI” to conduct the investigation, which would be “limited to current credible allegations against the nominee and must be completed no later than one week from today.”
The GOP is forced to do the right thing. A good day for America.

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Yes?
What else were you expecting?
That is exactly what I was expecting. The FBI will review everything and write a letter for the file.

Very good.

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I suspect the Ford people don’t want this FBI investigation because it will double down on there’s no evidence on Ford’s claim.
They want people’s imagine left with Ford the frail credible victim at the hearing.
And they certainly don’t want the FBI doing a check on Fords past sex or drinking life......where is HER yearbook?!?
Poor Kavanaugh...having to undergo a week long investigation to prove his innocence before he takes a lifetime appointment that affects millions.

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I hope they find out who likely had his hand over Ford's mouth and the moral character of that person based jupon other things he has done.

So does everyone.....but it's obviously not Kav......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies