Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2018, 04:40 PM

18,505 posts, read 9,183,958 times

Advertisements

Dark Enlightenment,

Don’t you have an SCV meeting to attend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 08:41 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,894,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Wow it must be really stressful to get worked up everytime you see a black person on tv.
Speaking for myself. I detest when they cast someone or re-write the story for PC reasons. Years ago it was rumored that that they were looking at casting a black guy as Thor. Thor is a Nordic god. How many vikings were black? That would be like casting Stallone to play Ali.... It's a very bad fit.

Another example of WTF was the Dark tower. I am a big fan of Idris Elba, but he wasn't right for the character. The character was written as Jose Wales type gunslinger. Later as Kings doppelgänger.

In the case of Betwitched. Why dose it have to be a political statement? Most of us don't watch TV or movies for the politics.

I have no issue with a black Samantha Stevens. I do have issue with the attempt to drive white guilt.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'm an illustrator/graphic designer who has gained a bit of fame in my industry. a few years back i was commissioned by a major studio to design the theatrical release poster for a film. i met with the studio and we had an amazing meeting discussing and dissecting a lot of classic iconic movie posters. we lamented how current movie posters have degenerated into little more then photoshopped floating heads of the film's stars. they assured me that was the last thing they wanted and off to work i went. i designed a completely illustrated dynamic poster, they loved it, payed me very well and then........ released a poster of photoshopped floating heads of the film's stars.

yep. they say they want new stuff, but the reality is they dont. because they dont have a brain in their collective heads. in fact take all the heads of the studios, and put their brains together, and convert them into dynamite, and they may have enough to blow their noses, once.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:06 PM

15,540 posts, read 10,527,165 times
They are just trying to make money, but it sounds lame. Why don't they think up something original.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:10 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,354,659 times
Maybe they should rename it “Webitched”

Old 08-26-2018, 09:21 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,773,631 times
There's nothing necessarily wrong in rebooting a classic with different surroundings, ethnicities, even genders...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51TQLkuF_sQ

Old 08-26-2018, 09:26 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,773,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Maybe they should rename it “Webitched”
Beweyotched?

Old 08-26-2018, 10:00 PM

5,074 posts, read 2,285,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Speaking for myself. I detest when they cast someone or re-write the story for PC reasons. Years ago it was rumored that that they were looking at casting a black guy as Thor. Thor is a Nordic god. How many vikings were black? That would be like casting Stallone to play Ali.... It's a very bad fit.

Another example of WTF was the Dark tower. I am a big fan of Idris Elba, but he wasn't right for the character. The character was written as Jose Wales type gunslinger. Later as Kings doppelgänger.

In the case of Betwitched. Why dose it have to be a political statement? Most of us don't watch TV or movies for the politics.

I have no issue with a black Samantha Stevens. I do have issue with the attempt to drive white guilt.

Even if it's not for PC reasons, when the actor is totally wrong for the character it makes me crazy. Like having Tom Cruise play Jack Reacher. (For those of you not familiar with the Reacher character from the books, he's 6'5" tall and supposed to be rough/dangerous looking.)

Old 08-27-2018, 12:47 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,513,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Want to bet that's all they're trying to do? If it was all about money they wouldn't be doing their best to push the SJW crap that most viewers don't care about and don't want to watch. If Hollyweird just wanted to make money they wouldn't have canceled Last Man Standing.
So it's a big conspiracy. If SJW (I had to look it up) doesn't sell, and if that's what it actually is, then they wouldn't waste their time. Can only imagine what some people here think of the show Black-ish. LOVE IT. It's smart, hysterically funny, poignant at times. The writing is fantastic.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:52 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,125,642 times
Or their color doesn't really matter. Just a different era. Maybe the next reboot will have martians..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies