Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 01:19 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Or their color doesn't really matter. Just a different era. Maybe the next reboot will have martians..

did you forget about the show "my favorite martian".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 02:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
What’s PC about it?

Old 08-27-2018, 02:21 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Black people are taking over. We’re coming for The Dukes of Hazzard next.

Find your safe space, OP!
That’s what it is. As long as we were on the sidelines begging for the TV table scraps, we were fine people. You know...we were always good for being an extra or a friend of a friend. But being the protagonist is simply going too far for the OP.

But ya just can’t let them black folks get too big for their britches.

Look how triggered these conservatives got over Black Panther.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:35 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I have fond memories of watching Bewitched as a very small child. My mom was a fan. Seeing it in reruns as an adult, it seems to capture that time in America when my parents were young and building a new life together.

Now there's a new Bewitched:

How depressingly 2018.

http://deadline.com/2018/08/bewitche...omment-page-2/

Hmmmmm.......

.............well, in a way, it isn't much different than the original. After all, a lot of the things that Darren did, his attitudes about what his wife would and would not do, him not believing her.............

................were very chauvinistic and wouldn't fly in today's world. Remember when he got tired of her being Queen of the Witches and insulted her in front of her subjects, for example?

Now, that said.......I will stick with my Belinda Montgomery, wait that's not right, ELIZABETH Montgomery DVDs, thank you.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:46 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Even if it's not for PC reasons, when the actor is totally wrong for the character it makes me crazy. Like having Tom Cruise play Jack Reacher. (For those of you not familiar with the Reacher character from the books, he's 6'5" tall and supposed to be rough/dangerous looking.)
Excellent example. Cruise is absolutely wrong for the part.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:59 AM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Leftist have to rewrite over everything with their worn out racial agitprop. That's their whole spiel to bury what was good and came before. They could at least limit it to presenting their agitprop as something new.
Don't fret, it's just a silly 60s comedy. Anyway, Black Female / White male marriages are one of the most enduring marriages there are, out of interracial pairings, so maybe it would be a good example

Is Interracial Marriage More Likely to End in Divorce? | SheKnows

Old 08-27-2018, 03:59 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Yet if they remade Good Times or The Jefferson's or Huxtables as a southern white red neck or mega rich conservative white family- the outrage would be deafening- along with the SJW virtue signalling themselves into a soy based frenzy!! So it's ironic you mention snowflakes!!
Because apparently- according to white SJW suburbanites born into privilege- blacks in America would STILL be in the bonds of slavery, Jim Crow, or living in mud huts in 2018 if NOT for the white heroes swooping in to rescue and speak for the( in the minds of SJW) poor, helpess, powerless, can't-speak-for-themselves, black Americans.
How condescending towards those you supposedly are " supporting"!
All the non whites I talk to are tired of being paraded around as virtue signalling props by a bunch of spoiled white do gooders to show off how " hip" , " tolerant" and " non racist" they supposedly are!

I award you NO Social Justice Warrior points and may God have mercy on what you call a soul!!!
For a society that is trying to be " colorblind" it seems EVERY thing is about " color"! Plus for every person who feels non whites can't do ANYTHING right, there are two who think that either:A- they do NO wrong, or b: can NEVER be criticized if they happen to do wrong. You SJW go around preaching how non whites are equal to or superior to whites, yet also feel they are incapable of ANYTHING without yourr heroic support; so which is it?????? Not to mention treating them as anything but regular folks just trying to live their lives like everyone else. We're ALL human beings just trying to live our lives
Speaking of those old 1970's shows, i was watching All in the Family and during the summer, they played 2 episodes, I had to rewind it to hear it again - they actually said the N word and said the whole word, not just "N-word" I thought wow.. you never hear that on tv nowadays.. not that i want to, but the fact that they actually said that word in the show was pretty strange. Archie said it and George Jefferson said it.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:17 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Sounds like they checked all the boxes.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:20 AM

34,236 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Speaking of those old 1970's shows, i was watching All in the Family and during the summer, they played 2 episodes, I had to rewind it to hear it again - they actually said the N word and said the whole word, not just "N-word" I thought wow.. you never hear that on tv nowadays.. not that i want to, but the fact that they actually said that word in the show was pretty strange. Archie said it and George Jefferson said it.
Today, we are not allowed to speak freely. We are censored by society, and government. Free speech, and the First Amendment should protect speech we do not like, support, nor use.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:22 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Funny to read the -- why would they do a reboot comments -- some of the biggest tv hits of the last year were reboots-- Roseanne, Will and Grace...LOL, That's why.

Gilmore Girls
Full House

Those three series were rebooted for Netflix and had huge success.

Some change the premise quite a bit -- Lost in Space -- others stick to the script.

Seriously the single black Mom was done with Julia -- that was a huge hit back in the day.

I don't see how it is PC. I don't see how anyone can care that much about it.

They should do a West Wing reboot -- LOLOLOLL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies