Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 02:15 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So you all know what a show is about even before it airs....okay...
Sure, it's easy to do with level 10 white male privilege!
(...well, I cheated a little and directly quoted the show's producer!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 02:17 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,551,932 times
My guess is the new version will leave out the booze. Just about every episode someone was loaded. Maybe in the new version Uncle Arthur will come out of the closet.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:24 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Leftist have to rewrite over everything with their worn out racial agitprop. That's their whole spiel to bury what was good and came before. They could at least limit it to presenting their agitprop as something new.
Hey it is 2018!

Old 08-27-2018, 02:30 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Sure, it's easy to do with level 10 white male privilege!
(...well, I cheated a little and directly quoted the show's producer!)
He sold the show to ABC so you don't know what they will do to it when it airs.

Also, I've seen no quotes from the creators about "white male privilege."

FYI - the original show was kind of about white male privilege as well but I guess you weren't paying attention since black people weren't involved. Darren was always more powerful in society than Samantha even though she literally had magical powers - same premise it seems from the description of the new show as the old show. Only difference is the black part.

You all are way too easily offended.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:32 PM

1,991 posts, read 901,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is a pervasive MEDIA trend, and a fact. There is little one can watch, or read in 95% of the Media that doesn't push, promote, and attempt to mainstream the Far Left Agenda. It is indoctrination. Yes, I choose not to watch it, but that negates almost all entertainment, and what is today called "news".
Baloney! All those CBS procedurals, NCIS, NCIS New Orleans, NCIS bunch of other cities, CSI, CSI bunch of other cities, Elementary, Bull, Blue Bloods, etc. On ABC for every "Modern Family" there is a "The Middle" type show. Not to mention all their reality type programing like "Dancing with the Stars". NBC offers a plethora of reality shows like American Ninja Warrior as well as shows like Chicago Fire, Chicago Med, Chicago PD, The Good Place, Friday Night Lights, etc. Fox also offers show with no agenda whatsoever.

If you see a slant it's only in your mind.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:49 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That’s what it is. As long as we were on the sidelines begging for the TV table scraps, we were fine people. You know...we were always good for being an extra or a friend of a friend. But being the protagonist is simply going too far for the OP.

But ya just can’t let them black folks get too big for their britches.

Look how triggered these conservatives got over Black Panther.
Well, I haven't seen any triggered white folks over Crazy, Rich Asians. Maybe I should...wouldn't be surprised.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:49 PM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
I am an old traditionalist, but definitely not a Trump supporter or a Christian, and I accept the fact that the times are changing. However, that being said, I don't like all the changes and especially when it comes to television (not just TV shows but also the "dumbing down" of the news), and it is mostly for that reason that I haven't had television for 14 years now. (I stick to DVDs.)

Again, it is easy to say, "If you don't like it, don't watch", but it is a lot easier not to watch if you don't have that option.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Threads like this are hilarious. First off libertarians exposing themselves for what they are, repugs who just hate taxes more than most.

Then the people who are mad because the white male is less than excellent. Did you actually watch the old Bewitched? Darrin was a doofus who had no idea what was going on half the time till his wife explained it to him and his boss Larry was even more clueless.

As for having a black woman be samantha, it seems the righties are more interested in talking about skin color than the 'divisive left'. Finally all the 'how would the lefties feel.if Cosby or the Jeffersons were remade with white people?!?!' That's really funny because Cosby has been remade lots of times. A family comedy has been a staple of network TV since I Love Lucy and Leave it to Beaver. I bet RWNJs are still upset the the Brady's had a divorce as part of the plot line. Those shows are still on today, like Blackish and Modern Family.

In Good Times and the Jeffersons, them being black was intentionally part of the plot line. The struggle of a lower class family who happened to be black. Remind me, was racism over then too?

As for the Jeffersons, their minority status had to do with a fish out of water storyline. Like the Beverly hillbillies but using race instead of social class. The Jeffersons were a little progressive, but not enough to have a white maid, lol.

as i have said before, i dont care what color you make any character, heck make them green with purple polka dots for all i care. my issue isnt, and has never been, about skin color. but that went completely over your head. my issue is, and always has been, the rubbish that hollywood has been putting out for the last twenty years or so, especially the remakes. occasionally you get a good remake, like the time machine from 1960. when they did the remake in 2002, they actually improved the movie by putting things in that showed advances in technology, and the main character interacted with his surrounding each time he stopped moving forward in time.

but on the whole, remakes generally suck donkey balls. you want to remake movies like say the blue max, and make the main characters black, go for it. you want to remake the sands of iwo jima, and make the main characters women, have at it. but at least make the remake better than the original in as many ways as possible.

the problem though is that hollywood has run out of ideas.

Quote:
TV exec's want to make money, not push social agendas. If they don't make money the get fired.

are you kidding me? the TV execs have been pushing a social agenda for decades, and if you cant see that you are blind as heck. remember M*A*S*H? that show was loaded with social agendas from top to bottom. please get a clue.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:48 PM

19,648 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
He sold the show to ABC so you don't know what they will do to it when it airs.

Also, I've seen no quotes from the creators about "white male privilege."

FYI - the original show was kind of about white male privilege as well but I guess you weren't paying attention since black people weren't involved. Darren was always more powerful in society than Samantha even though she literally had magical powers - same premise it seems from the description of the new show as the old show. Only difference is the black part.

You all are way too easily offended.
That is because Samantha wanted it that way, to live like a normal (mortal) wife and mom, not a fancy witch using her powers like her mother. Endora had such a hard time with it. It was feminist because Samantha made this choice all on her own despite all the challenges she faced.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:56 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That is because Samantha wanted it that way, to live like a normal (mortal) wife and mom, not a fancy witch using her powers like her mother. Endora had such a hard time with it. It was feminist because Samantha made this choice all on her own despite all the challenges she faced.
Leftist insert claims of "white privilege" and "toxic masculinity" into everything for obvious bigoted reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies