Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 01:08 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Burden of proof is on you.
You are the burden on this thread. A burden with which I won't waste my time.

Let's hear your wonderful philosophy concerning the treatment of thieves. You can be you own proof. Should a shoplifter be stopped, detained, and charged with a crime, or should a shoplifter be ignored or told to leave the store whilst carrying his spoils?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 01:21 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,099,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You are the burden on this thread. A burden with which I won't waste my time.

Let's hear your wonderful philosophy concerning the treatment of thieves. You can be you own proof. Should a shoplifter be stopped, detained, and charged with a crime, or should a shoplifter be ignored or told to leave the store whilst carrying his spoils?
No substance. Just attack.

I stand by my original assertion, that shoplifting reports are neither political nor controversial.

Old 09-02-2018, 01:24 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
No substance. Just attack.

I stand by my original assertion, that shoplifting reports are neither political nor controversial.
I suppose we are sixes, then: I with my lack of substance and attack, and you with your unwillingness to answer, and evasion of, the question.

Old 09-02-2018, 01:25 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,696,173 times
I stole a packet of peebles, and a small ringbinder, when I was about 10 - never got caught.

Shopifting can pay.

Old 09-02-2018, 02:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Sooo you load up your cart with groceries, walk out the door in broad daylight and expect to not be confronted?

That is pretty brazen.

By the looks of the guy he has probably been a bully his entire life that likes to throw his weight around.

It was funny when he fell.

I do wonder what happened next. Were the Police called? Did the employees get reprimanded for confronting the guy?
Did the fat guy file a slip and fall law suit against the grocer and the parking lot owner?

He didn't just fall.
He got knocked the **** out.

That way littler guy following behind him, popped him good and then ran off.

Old 09-02-2018, 02:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The kid who pushed him didn't look like an employee. He looked more like a bystander (possibly a store customer) to me.
Watch closely. The young guy just observed the goings-on for a second, saw the employees were in trouble, and did something to help them. And then left.

It didn't take much of a push to knock the wind out of that fat guy, for sure.
Push? He popped him & knocked him out. The big guy was reach'n like Frankenstein.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:14 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Sooo you load up your cart with groceries, walk out the door in broad daylight and expect to not be confronted?

That is pretty brazen.

By the looks of the guy he has probably been a bully his entire life that likes to throw his weight around.

It was funny when he fell.

I do wonder what happened next. Were the Police called? Did the employees get reprimanded for confronting the guy?
Did the fat guy file a slip and fall law suit against the grocer and the parking lot owner?
The local news I saw did say he was later arrested and they are looking for the guy that knocked the big fat dbag out.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:16 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah, go ahead and defend the thief. You'd defend the guy if he'd committed murder in the store, wouldn't you? It's attitudes like yours that make modern society such a joke--nobody should ever be held responsible for their bad behavior, right?
I'm not defending the thief. If I was immune from criminal and civil lawsuits I would shot that bastard.
I'm talking about the employees that in this crazy climate exposing themselves to 100500 possible troubles.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:19 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
A community gradually degrades when folks take your attitude. Never apologize for confronting uncivilized/barbaric behavior.
Huh? And you will pay my lawyer? And you will find me a new job after I, as a non black, will be accused in racism and fired? Did you come yesterday to USA from Mars?

Last edited by mash123; 09-02-2018 at 07:44 PM..

Old 09-02-2018, 06:44 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
I don't get it. Why is this topic in this section? Is the OP race baiting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies