Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2019, 07:01 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Here is how I see it. I've worked night shift before. I've been dog tired. I've been drunk before. I've also been high. I've never walked into another person's house or apartment and shot them. I've been drunk and walked home, to MY HOME, not someone else's. And I've been in an apartment. I'd know what my apartment looks like from the inside vs someone else's, even in a drunken state. One reason it's hard for me to have much mercy for Amber Guyger. 10 years is kind of light. I'd be calling for about 25-30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 07:02 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
But the Media and Democrats have way overstated it for very self serving reasons.
The media and the Democrats don't have to. All you need to do is read all about U.S. history.

Old 10-03-2019, 07:28 AM

2,188 posts, read 1,383,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Not confused at all. You are making an assumption on her

I am not making any assumptions, you're the one making assumptions that she is saying the truth. The defendant has lied before and has an obvious interest in doing so. Whatever she says cannot be trusted. A claim of self defense after invading someone else's home is dubious to say the least. So you're a cop well no surprise there. I am sure you believe all the stories the people you arrest tell you as well ?

Old 10-03-2019, 07:39 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Not sure why you quoted my post, as it has nothing to do with what I said.
But, since you brought that up,
Have you asked your friend about that?
(The one you talked about in the other thread? The one that likes marshmallows and mayo or whatever it was...?)
I don't think racists have friends with people outside their own race.

Old 10-03-2019, 07:43 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've never heard of such a trial in my life. I get wanting to forgive. I understand where the victim's family is coming from. On the other hand, I don't know any trial where the victim's family would be calling for such mercy.
The victim's family wasn't calling for mercy. The brother simply stated he loved and forgave her and didn't want her going to prison. Saying this after the trial is over is not calling for mercy - the sentence has already been rendered.

Old 10-03-2019, 08:50 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The victim's family wasn't calling for mercy. The brother simply stated he loved and forgave her and didn't want her going to prison. Saying this after the trial is over is not calling for mercy - the sentence has already been rendered.
Yep, the brother's statements came after it was all over. The brother said to Amber give your life to Christ is what Botham would want you to do.

Old 10-03-2019, 08:53 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Here is how I see it. I've worked night shift before. I've been dog tired. I've been drunk before. I've also been high. I've never walked into another person's house or apartment and shot them. I've been drunk and walked home, to MY HOME, not someone else's. And I've been in an apartment. I'd know what my apartment looks like from the inside vs someone else's, even in a drunken state. One reason it's hard for me to have much mercy for Amber Guyger. 10 years is kind of light. I'd be calling for about 25-30.
Completely true. I've been drunk and still made it back to my place. Never had a problem doing that.

Old 10-03-2019, 08:57 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
I've never heard of such a trial in my life. I get wanting to forgive. I understand where the victim's family is coming from. On the other hand, I don't know any trial where the victim's family would be calling for such mercy.
Me neither. SOrry, but if you murdered my family member in cold blood, I'm not going to be hugging up on you and forgiving you.

If the roles were reversed and she was an innocent girl in her apt and the dude was the cop who shot her because he thought he was in the wrong apt, would you think the same situation would happen?

Old 10-03-2019, 09:15 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Me neither. SOrry, but if you murdered my family member in cold blood, I'm not going to be hugging up on you and forgiving you.

If the roles were reversed and she was an innocent girl in her apt and the dude was the cop who shot her because he thought he was in the wrong apt, would you think the same situation would happen?
Did they go easier on her because she was a female? I really don't know. She was certainly perceived by the public as this huge villain. The jury was majority female and minority though, who knows.

Old 10-03-2019, 09:25 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,391,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Did they go easier on her because she was a female? I really don't know. She was certainly perceived by the public as this huge villain. The jury was majority female and minority though, who knows.
I'd love to hear a juror interview or two, but I doubt that will happen, at least not anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies