Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2018, 11:12 PM

4,753 posts, read 2,987,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
She worked in the South East division, it's pretty rough.
If that's true then yeah the SE Division is a pretty tough one. Probably the worst crime in Dallas actually. That still doesn't excuse anything she did inside that apartment complex. She should be treated like any one of us. We'd have been in handcuffs that night and charged with murder within hours. I don't care what race or gender you are, that'd be the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 11:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,742,226 times
She could see a figure in the dark but could not see the bright red doormat? Sorry, there are a lot of people in prison for making "mistakes" like that. She should not receive special treatment no matter how much more they increase the number of hours she worked that started off as 12 to 14, to now 15. Pretty soon they are going to say she worked 36 hours straight after plowing a field and saving an old lady.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:31 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,557,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
She worked in the South East division, it's pretty rough.

Took a look at her picture. She looks like a meth head. She was probably high and/or drunk.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nonsense and irrelevant. DAs determine charges not judges.
Judges sign warrants which is what this was discussing. The article stated that they would not sign a manslaughter warrant as what was being described to him was murder.

The conflict is reportedly the reason it was turned over to the Rangers.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:58 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,779,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Lies. She probably is married, went to her lover's apartment, they got into a fight and she shot him and made up this story so her husband wouldn't find out she was out cheating. LOL I'm not buying this walked into the wrong apartment mess. It would take only a few seconds to realize you're not in the right apartment.

Here are some "if's" and I'm not siding with anyone..

"If" the lights were out in the apartment and she thought she was in her place (feasible so far, because when you come home, your home is dark inside if you get home late shift) and "if" she saw this male figure rushing towards her in the dark and she thought, "OMG! A guy is in my apartment!! ... Let me grab my gun!" and (imagine the guys fear too, someone is in HIS apartment so both are operating on adrenaline) and "If" he rushed her and instinctually she raised the gun to his head...

The only problem I have with this is: How did she GET INTO the wrong apartment?? How could her key fit in HIS apartment? I don't buy that she "walked in" (kept her door unlocked all the time and just sauntered in..) because it takes a key to open the door and I do not believe a female would just leave her apartment door unlocked all day, every day.

There must be more to this story. I am not siding with the female (but maybe she was dam* scared) and I do think a better investigation needs to be done as a man is dead now. Is there more to this story? On HER side or ..

Facts: Man is shot dead in his own apartment. What happened? Tragic mistake? Coverup? Affair between them and she came over and they got in a fight and she killed him?

Where is Perry Mason when you need him?

Old 09-10-2018, 06:11 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,123,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I've been given the same hotel room as another occupant, entered with a keycard and they were in there. Still, I didn't lose my mind like this officer did and thankfully they didn't either.
Back in college, I stayed in a dorm room for a semester and then moved to a different, bigger room on the same floor the following semester. A girl moved into my old room. One time I came back from a long day and mindlessly went to my old room. All the keys fit in every room but would only turn if the door was locked. If the door was unlocked, the knob would turn regardless.

I walked right in to a half naked girl. I apologized and we laughed about it. I didn't kick her ass and she didn't panic or anything. Normal people don't flip out in a situation like that.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:39 AM

19,699 posts, read 12,275,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Here's her thought process, as I understand it.

She's exhausted. It's 10 pm. She's worked a stressful 14 hour shift serving warrants to felons in their homes.

She's having trouble making her apartment key work, so she puts down the stuff she's carrying and makes a better attempt to open the door with her key.

Suddenly, the door opens, and there is a large young man nearly naked standing there. She believes he's an intruder to her home, and shoots him.

This is really beyond sad.
She puts down the stuff she's carrying next to the red mat?... Cops are trained to be aware of their surroundings at all times.

Man standing there half naked was unarmed.

There really has to be more to this story. I don't believe her.

Old 09-10-2018, 07:03 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,896,782 times
I still have an issue with her thinking she has the right apt...I don't see that happening unless she was impaired in some way.

But IF it somehow did occur like that, she is one unobservant, pitiful cop.

However, if she got that far believing it was her apt., then I can see her thinking the guy was an intruder.....he was scared and angry, she just scared. Things can go way wrong in that situation.

Manslaughter? That's all? I think that charge lets people who kill others off too easy. Remember the "volunteer" cop who instead of using his taser shot and killed someone? He got a few yrs.....for killing the man. I don't care if he meant to or not....

Old 09-10-2018, 07:11 AM

78,560 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Hey, where did all the "She won't be arrested" folks go?

Old 09-10-2018, 07:15 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,123,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hey, where did all the "She won't be arrested" folks go?
No one said she won't be arrested. What we are saying is they will try everything they can to dumb down the charge then she will probably get off due to hung jury.

In the mean time, conservative media will turn Botham Jean into a hardened criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies