Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2019, 03:08 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
And I've said before:

I myself carry a concealed weapon.

When I have been in a situation that seemed in any way like I would have to draw it, the adrenaline flows.

I might have been drowsy or sleepy up to that moment, but when my hand has gone for the butt of my pistol, I have become wide awake and totally aware of my surroundings.

If you have a gun in your hand, it's because you believe you're in a life or death situation...how can you still be drowsy? How can you not be alert?

In this case, she claims a door ajar that should have been locked. That means at the door, while still outside, she should have become fully alert.

And she should then have seen she was not at her own door. There is no other way around that.
Again you folk continue to attempt to make some sort of evil action where a mere accident is the simple and rational likelihood.

She is a trained cop and once she goes for her gun she is on auto pilot in cop mode. She is in a low light situation likely with bad lighting of the subject. She wants a clear view of his hands and he does not give it to her. So she does the cop thing and presumes the worst. He, whether stoned or not, is utterly out of it. One does not get confronted by an armed cop in the front hall way of your apartment. He likely is shot before he has even comprehended the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
My personal interest in the toxicology is because if she were drunk or high it MIGHT explain some of this. The scenarios you're coming up with aren't quite believable. She was carrying stuff but still pulled her gun out? Shot one-handed instead of steadying the gun with her other hand?

I don't understand the s t r e t c h e s people are willing to make to try and find excuses for her - especially when the cops version doesn't make any sense given the things I pointed out previously.
She purportedly laid down the stuff she was carrying outside the door according to at least some reports. So once inside she had nothing in her hands but eventually the gun.

Not trying to find excuses. There cannot be any. She shot an unarmed civilian in his own apartment.

But not trying to find some unbelievable conspiracy that she shot him for some personal vendetta or such. That is all simply absurd.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:14 PM

3,080 posts, read 3,267,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
Why is the legal resident of the apartment supposed to cooperate with the criminal that just broke into their home?
From a practical standpoint, if said criminal is point a firearm at you, one might want to consider cooperating. Of course one is not under any obligation to do so, but one might want to strongly consider it.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I read a while back that Guyger actually set some bags down at the door before going in. That would have made it even harder to ignore the red mat. She would have been placing her bags on the mat. It seems bizarre anyone would not notice the mat!
I wasn't even aware of this, Priscilla, but given that - I'm with you. It's impossible to have missed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think she was using alcohol or drugs, that's why.
I think so, as well. If she wasn't, they would be tripping over themselves to make it known she wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
And I've said before:

I myself carry a concealed weapon.

When I have been in a situation that seemed in any way like I would have to draw it, the adrenaline flows.

I might have been drowsy or sleepy up to that moment, but when my hand has gone for the butt of my pistol, I have become wide awake and totally aware of my surroundings.

If you have a gun in your hand, it's because you believe you're in a life or death situation...how can you still be drowsy? How can you not be alert?

In this case, she claims a door ajar that should have been locked. That means at the door, while still outside, she should have become fully alert.

And she should then have seen she was not at her own door. There is no other way around that.
This is a perfect example of why her story doesn't add up. YOU, as a pedestrian have been trained to become even more alert once you decide a weapon should be drawn. I would think in her case, the training goes far beyond that of a pedestrian. She was drowsy and carrying things isn't a reason for going into an apartment and shooting someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Again you folk continue to attempt to make some sort of evil action where a mere accident is the simple and rational likelihood.

She is a trained cop and once she goes for her gun she is on auto pilot in cop mode. She is in a low light situation likely with bad lighting of the subject. She wants a clear view of his hands and he does not give it to her. So she does the cop thing and presumes the worst. He, whether stoned or not, is utterly out of it. One does not get confronted by an armed cop in the front hall way of your apartment. He likely is shot before he has even comprehended the situation.
She wants a clear view of his hands? I thought it was dark in there? Too dark to notice surroundings, so surely too dark to get a clear view of his hands.

To believe this was a "mere accident" is to suspend all common sense and is dependent on ignoring the many questions that arise every time someone comes up with an excuse for X, Y and Z and the various scenarios cop apologists are laying out.

Austinnerd, rather than copying and pasting a long post into a long post, see my responses above.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Would you be ok with that criminal using your lack of cooperation as justification for murdering you? Would that excuse their actions?

Do you really think that if someone broke into a cop's apartment and shot them they would be getting this same treatment if they claimed it was no biggie just an accident? Would they be out on bail, taking cruises, and having their tox screen results withheld from the public?

This cop broke the law the moment she entered his apartment. I am not aware of any 'accident" exemption to breaking and entering or murder, are you?
Nope. She will claim she had an exigency when she found the door a jar and further so when she detected someone present in what she believed was her unit. She was of course wrong. But this will be a question of what she thought at that moment.

And she was a cop. Not an anybody. Different rules.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

snip

She wants a clear view of his hands? I thought it was dark in there? Too dark to notice surroundings, so surely too dark to get a clear view of his hands.

To believe this was a "mere accident" is to suspend all common sense and is dependent on ignoring the many questions that arise every time someone comes up with an excuse for X, Y and Z and the various scenarios cop apologists are laying out.

Austinnerd, rather than copying and pasting a long post into a long post, see my responses above.
There was certainly light present. She hit him after all. And likely could at least see silhouettes. Light from the hallway outside the door and whatever the victim had on in the living area. She was likely looking down the dark hall way though so not good lighting.

To believe other than a complex accident is simply garbage. Absolutely no indication of any interaction between the two. Just the gods of coincidence playing savage games.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Not aware they have released anything on him. Just my speculation that a guy sitting around alone watching a football game might have taken a hit.
https://reason.com/2018/09/14/police...-man-say-atto/

Old 05-10-2019, 03:54 PM

3,080 posts, read 3,267,041 times
Quote:
Would you be ok with that criminal using your lack of cooperation as justification for murdering you? Would that excuse their actions?

Do you really think that if someone broke into a cop's apartment and shot them they would be getting this same treatment if they claimed it was no biggie just an accident? Would they be out on bail, taking cruises, and having their tox screen results withheld from the public?

This cop broke the law the moment she entered his apartment. I am not aware of any 'accident" exemption to breaking and entering or murder, are you?
You're obviously passionate stance on this incident is causing you to miss my point. While the legal responsibility for my _death_ might rest on the criminals shoulders, my personal responsibility for my _life_ rests on mine (to the extent possible given circumstances). I'll swallow my pride and incredulity if it means that my family isn't having to deal with my potentially avoidable death even if it is legally the other persons "fault".

Oh, and before anyone gets the wrong impression, I am not victim blaming, I have no idea what the victim in this case did or didn't do. I am responding directly to the comment "Why is the legal resident of the apartment supposed to cooperate with the criminal that just broke into their home?" and pointing out that it may be a good idea to cooperate if said criminal has a gun drawn on you.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:55 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
She purportedly laid down the stuff she was carrying outside the door according to at least some reports. So once inside she had nothing in her hands but eventually the gun.

Not trying to find excuses. There cannot be any. She shot an unarmed civilian in his own apartment.

But not trying to find some unbelievable conspiracy that she shot him for some personal vendetta or such. That is all simply absurd.
Yea, if it was some personal vendetta, she would have just invite him to her apartment, kill him, and make up a story he forced his way in, and everyone would believe without question.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That simply points out the cops found pot. There is no statement about whether he was stoned. I am sure it is known but it has not been published anywhere that I know of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies