Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2019, 07:30 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,074,213 times

Advertisements

It seems to me that maybe she had an agenda against this person in her building, and then tried to use the "Sorry, I'm just a stupid idiot, but also a cop, can I use that to get off" defense. I just don't know what else to make of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2019, 07:50 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
It seems to me that maybe she had an agenda against this person in her building, and then tried to use the "Sorry, I'm just a stupid idiot, but also a cop, can I use that to get off" defense. I just don't know what else to make of this.
Again absurd. As is clear on her 911 call she valued her job highly. And any such affair is the end of her law enforcement career...and she knows it.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:08 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
From a practical standpoint, if said criminal is point a firearm at you, one might want to consider cooperating. Of course one is not under any obligation to do so, but one might want to strongly consider it.
From a practical standpoint, the only people who know exactly what to do when a gun is pointing at them are people who are accustomed to having a gun pointed at them. Otherwise, people are unable to predict even their own reactions when suddenly caught in their kitchens wearing nothing but a robe by someone with a gun shouting stuff, caught too much by surprise and shock even to register what's being said to them.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:12 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
From a practical standpoint, the only people who know exactly what to do when a gun is pointing at them are people who are accustomed to having a gun pointed at them. Otherwise, people are unable to predict even their own reactions when suddenly caught in their kitchens wearing nothing but a robe by someone with a gun shouting stuff, caught too much by surprise and shock even to register what's being said to them.
Note there's a whole litany of excuses for how she reacted but he was supposed to be fully cognizant of what was going on and who she was and should have *complied*.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:14 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,074,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Again absurd. As is clear on her 911 call she valued her job highly. And any such affair is the end of her law enforcement career...and she knows it.
Well couldn't she just be pretending that she values it highly from the call? I mean are you going to believe her, since she broke into someone's apartment and murdered them? If she's murder, she's probably want to make herself look as respectable as possible in the end still.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Yes, it's clear on her 911 call that her job was her primary concern.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:15 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Acting oddly is not enough for probable cause on drugs though, I don't think. Lots of criminals act oddly when committing crimes and judges do not issue search warrants for drugs on their places. Acting oddly, is not enough legally, at least not that I have heard of, for legal probable cause.
I've never heard of a case in which they did not search the home of a criminal suspect for more clues to the crime. That's how they find out things like, "He had a cache of guns" and "he had a map of the victim's daily activities."

Old 05-10-2019, 08:19 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I've never heard of a case in which they did not search the home of a criminal suspect for more clues to the crime. That's how they find out things like, "He had a cache of guns" and "he had a map of the victim's daily activities."
It is reported that she told them to go ahead and search her place if they wished. I presume they did.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:32 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Wow, don't know if I've read so much narrow minded conjecturing before ...

Or you're tired, you're staring at you're instagram feed, you're day dreaming about what you're gonna do that weekend, you're thinking about that cute guy/gal at work .... YOU may be "hypervigilant", doesn't mean everyone else is.
That makes sense up to a point -- up to the point where her key doesn't work, or she finds the door ajar. Then all of those distractions go away.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:39 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
But not trying to find some unbelievable conspiracy that she shot him for some personal vendetta or such. That is all simply absurd.
Shooting someone is not a conspiracy.

A conspiracy is a secret plan by more than one person working together to do something unlawful or harmful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies