Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2018, 04:37 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,137,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Does it matter either way?

He was in his home, he could dance around nude with the curtains closed.

I bet she was drunk, it was her birthday apparently, which would somewhat explain the wrong floor. Sober people wouldn't go as far as trying to open the door.
Nope---she was born on 8/9/88---so she wasn't celebrating her birthday---but that doesn't preclude her being drunk or high. People do both on the 364 days that aren't their birthday.

And I'm not sure the witnesses can be relied on---that they heard her shout "Let me in." If the door was ajar and the push from inserting her key worked, she wasn't having any difficulty getting in. The "let me in" would be in line with negate her believing it was her apartment. She had a key and didn't have a roommate, so who would she be calling out to? It could mean that she knew she was at his (that they knew each other).

But what I think is most telling is that she reportedly (according to the "facts" detailed on the warrant) didn't realize she was in the wrong apartment until 911 dispatchers asked for her location and she stepped out and saw it outside by the light. Once she shot Jean she turned on the light. So with some light on she still doesn't recognize that it's not her own home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 04:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Nope---she was born on 8/9/88---so she wasn't celebrating her birthday---but that doesn't preclude her being drunk or high. People do both on the 364 days that aren't their birthday.

And I'm not sure the witnesses can be relied on---that they heard her shout "Let me in." If the door was ajar and the push from inserting her key worked, she wasn't having any difficulty getting in. The "let me in" would be in line with negate her believing it was her apartment. She had a key and didn't have a roommate, so who would she be calling out to? It could mean that she knew she was at his (that they knew each other).

But what I think is most telling is that she reportedly (according to the "facts" detailed on the warrant) didn't realize she was in the wrong apartment until 911 dispatchers asked for her location and she stepped out and saw it outside by the light. Once she shot Jean she turned on the light. So with some light on she still doesn't recognize that it's not her own home?
Id she thought she was in her apartment she would have simply said so. Not stepped out to check. If you shoot someone in your house and call 911 and they ask for an address are you going to go outside to look?

Old 09-11-2018, 04:54 AM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Why should the guy follow her verbal commands? Last time I checked it was HIS room, NOT hers, plus she was off duty. If some stranger comes to my room in what universe does anyone think it justified that I follow what the stranger says. Plus she blew him away with no lights on.

Her story sucks and charge her with murder.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dallas-of...231033809.html

Old 09-11-2018, 04:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Why should the guy follow her verbal commands? Last time I checked it was HIS room, NOT hers, plus she was off duty. If some stranger comes to my room in what universe does anyone think it justified that I follow what the stranger says. Plus she blew him away with no lights on.

Her story sucks and charge her with murder.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dallas-of...231033809.html
This is the attitude we have to change.

Dallas Officer Claims Botham Jean Ignored Her 'Verbal Commands'

This idea that people must jump and do what is instructed as soon as they are instructed to or get killed has to stop. She is even supposed to be trained. This guy is not. You do NOT react in a cookie cutter way in a situation like this. If someone breaks into your house and pulls a gun your instincts are going to go into self defense mode.

The way we train police officers has to change. Besides, she is lying.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:30 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post

Another hole in a long line of baffling elements to the story. If she really believed she was in her own home the whole time, then what would cause her to go outside and check her location when asked by the dispatchers? Everyone knows their address like the back of their hand. Hard to believe that, that question would be the thing to make her stop and think that she was in the wrong apartment and not the multiple other clues. Of course, she knows the cops needed to show up at the correct location (not her apartment but Jean's), so she had to check the real address for accuracy Another indication that she already knew she was in the wrong apartment.

It's convenient that when the police have to go to the correct address, that instead of just telling them her address automatically (like someone in a stressful situation does) that she has to start looking around for what the address is. That to me is more evidence that she knew it wasn't her apartment. Why else would she need to step outside to check the address if she was thought she was in her apartment the whole time?? I don't know that we'll ever get the true story, but there are just too many holes and inconsistencies in this one to make it believable.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:35 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,952 times
Unbelievable! People are trying to rationalize her behavior just because......she's police! And many of them are the ones who claim they keep a gun under their pillow 100% of the time just in case an intruder breaks in!! But this case is different, why? Because a police officer was trying to break-in Police worshipers are really unbelievable!

Old 09-11-2018, 05:38 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,304,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Did this woman even know her own address???

"She entered the apartment and called 911, requesting an ambulance and police. When 911 asked for her location, she checked outside the apartment and realized she was at the wrong apartment, Armstrong wrote in the affidavit."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/botham-...ds-2018-09-10/

If she had to go out the door to give 911 her location, the prosecutor should be all over that.
I think the underlined part is Armstrong's erroneous opinion. She already knew she was not in her appt so she checked outside to tell 911 where to send assistance.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:45 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How many white people get pulled over 52 times, the last time because they looked white and are shot and killed for doing what they are told?

How many white people are shot while lying on the road with their hands raised in the air?

How many white people get shot 16 times while walking away from an officer?

How many white kids get killed for playing with a toy gun?

How many white people get jumped and suffocated for doing nothing?

How many white people were stopped and frisked simply because the cops wanted to?

Now when you find a rare example, remember that blacks are 12.5% of the population. People protest what they experience and this is the black experience.
Whoaaaaaaaaa. Great Post. I'm just waiting for somebody to come on here and smear the victim. I still can't understand how a man can be killed in his own apartment by somebody who is supposed to protect him.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:48 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Unbelievable! People are trying to rationalize her behavior just because......she's police! And many of them are the ones who claim they keep a gun under their pillow 100% of the time just in case an intruder breaks in!! But this case is different, why? Because a police officer was trying to break-in Police worshipers are really unbelievable!
I bet you that if this lady cop had killed one of the Bundy's up there in cattle country they would be calling her a "Jack booted thug" suppressing freedom. Boot licking seems to be a new American Passtime.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:04 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Another hole in a long line of baffling elements to the story. If she really believed she was in her own home the whole time, then what would cause her to go outside and check her location when asked by the dispatchers? Everyone knows their address like the back of their hand. Hard to believe that, that question would be the thing to make her stop and think that she was in the wrong apartment and not the multiple other clues. Of course, she knows the cops needed to show up at the correct location (not her apartment but Jean's), so she had to check the real address for accuracy Another indication that she already knew she was in the wrong apartment.

It's convenient that when the police have to go to the correct address, that instead of just telling them her address automatically (like someone in a stressful situation does) that she has to start looking around for what the address is. That to me is more evidence that she knew it wasn't her apartment. Why else would she need to step outside to check the address if she was thought she was in her apartment the whole time?? I don't know that we'll ever get the true story, but there are just too many holes and inconsistencies in this one to make it believable.
That makes so much more sense. That sounds like the real and logical answer.

The search warrant and affidavit tell different stories. The search warrant seems determined to find evidence to blame the victim. I do not believe her. I also think they gave her time to change her story when they couldn’t find weapons or narcotics in his apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies