Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 02:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times

Advertisements

one more thing, in order to overturn a previous courts ruling on an issue, a similar issue needs to come before the court. thus a same sex marriage case, or an abortion case that is tied to a right to privacy, must come before the court. and since in both cases the court has already ruled, chances are that such a case will not come before the court without compelling reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 02:23 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Just to be clear, I'm 100% in favor of government sponsored or even funded abortions in cases of rape, incest or in cases where the child will be raised in a home where eternal victim-hood is taught or when the child is likely to become a democrat voter.
Well, that would save a lot of money. The prisons are full of violent people who should have been aborted

Old 09-07-2018, 02:25 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,425,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Or how many would be lost... women aren't going to just quit having abortions. They had them in back alleys and at home pre-Roe v Wade.
Agree. Some on the right swear they know about women, minorities, gay people and people of different religious groups. The party with the least amount of those diverse people. They are hypocrites. They should not be trusted. Not all but the extreme right are dangerous to our society and rights as women and minority groups. There are many on the right that try to make this country a better place even though they have different views. But there is the right that tries to push their own negative agenda at all costs, no matter the price or morals compromised.

Now time for the right winged white older males to dispute it.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:27 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Well I guess they weren't actually prepared then were they?
How do you plan ahead for a condom break? I mean, you can take the morning-after pill, but sometimes, that isn't 100% effective or a condom break is quite small and goes unseen.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:27 PM

609 posts, read 303,444 times
Constitutionally, those were the two worst Supreme Court decisions in the last 50 years. Both should be overturned and left up to the legislative branch.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:28 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I sincerely hope you aren't a one issue voter.RvW will not be overturned so maybe you should consider other important issues.
Im fine with Pro choice and Gay marriage. If the Republicans were ok with those and were actually Fiscal conservatives I would vote republican forever. Dems these days are indistinguishable from Communist.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:28 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
That's a load of crap. I had plenty of sex with condoms. Never, EVER saw it break.
LOL! And... with your sample size of one, you have concluded that condoms never break or tear in any way?

I'm going out on a limb and assuming you're not a scientist.

Granted, you could be a political statistician, of course.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:32 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
How do you plan ahead for a condom break? I mean, you can take the morning-after pill, but sometimes, that isn't 100% effective or a condom break is quite small and goes unseen.
You go down to Planned Parenthood and get some of that tax payer subsidized birth control that we hear about daily from the left.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:33 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
He stole the lives of 10s of thousands of Libyans and stole the lives and homes from millions of Syrians with his dreams of killing Ghadafi and Assad
Well yeah but democrats don't actually give a damn about brown people they kill.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:34 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
Lets stop the nonsense of back alley abortions if Roe is overturned there is like 28 states that have approved abortion and have signed bills. Woman would just have to go to those states where abortion is legal.I am for the Roe vs wade decision to be over turned. But in reality it will never take place.

As far as gay marriage it was the right decision. The straights let the federal gvt get in the marriage business with the tax code and other benefits. They opened up the Pandora's box and now the people have to live with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies