Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2018, 07:21 AM

89,243 posts, read 44,979,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Only if you stupidly have omitted those aspects of your wishes from your contract. Ever hear of Medical Power of Attorney?
Correct. One can assign anyone a Medical Power of Attorney to make medical and end of life decisions if the person assigning it becomes incapacitated. It does not have to even be a family member.
Quote:
Ever hear of a Child Custody Agreement?

You are poorly informed as to what a civil union does and does not do, with regards to thinking it somehow creates magical contractual rights you can't replicate on your own. You also have this mistaken idea that the government is a third party to every contract which is false..... No, the government is NOT a third party. A proper contract has only willing parties that consent to participate in the contract. So whatever you are thinking of, its not a real contract (marriage, civil unions, etc).
Correct. Breaches of contract are tried in civil cases, not prosecuted by the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Hardly.

Forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy against her will is a form of slavery.
No more than forcing some but not other income earners to pay federal income tax is slavery. Welcome to the slave club, there are quite a few of us members.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Is it somehow less intrusive when state government sticks its nose where it doesn't belong?
Explain fetal homicide laws if you think the state is sticking its nose where it doesn't belong, and why doctors and mothers aren't prosecuted for killing a fetus but everyone else is. That violates the Constitution's Equal Protection Clause.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:34 AM

Regarding the Constitution's Full Faith and Credit Clause, I'd like to see my state-issued fishing license recognized as valid throughout the entire US just as my state-issued driver's license is.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:50 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,074,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No more than forcing some but not other income earners to pay federal income tax is slavery. Welcome to the slave club, there are quite a few of us members.
I receive benefits from the taxes I pay.

Carrying a pregnancy against my will would not benefit me in any way, in fact, just the opposite......and........ it could literally kill me.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,715,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Oh for heaven's sake BB. It's in the friggin' R party platform and has been for decades. The current platform is readily available online. Before you vote for another R, it might behoove you to read it. I can assure you that many Ds have read it.

Where is this Republican Platform?
in 10 years, the Establishment is all but gone from the Republican party. There are a few Pro-Choicers in the Party.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,715,233 times
Quote:

Carrying a pregnancy against my will would not benefit me in any way, in fact, just the opposite......and........ it could literally kill me.

Here it is folks!!!!!!!!!
The mental capacity, that does not see the wrong and the accountability for ones actions.
Murder for hire!
I see a clothes hanger on mantles around the nation as trophies.

Quote:
In proportion to what you pay? I sure as hell don't. I've been forced to WAY overpay for decades. It's slavery. Nothing less. Why? Because some income earners don't have to pay one thin dime in federal income tax and have access to the exact same fed gov benefits that I do.
Quote:
You get a child out of it. And if you're a welfare queen, you get more in food stamps, subsidized day care, more in housing assistance, etc., etc.

9,884 posts, read 10,997,057 times
Quote:

IMO, if pregnancy "could literally kill" you, it behooves YOU to solve that problem permanently.
The choice is yours: Celibacy, or by doing whatever it takes to make sure that you can NEVER become pregnant!
The fact remains, if RvW is overturned, abortion will become the province of the individual states.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Here it is folks!!!!!!!!!
The mental capacity, that does not see the wrong and the accountability for ones actions.
Murder for hire!
I see a clothes hanger as your trophy.
100% correct. If one has sex, one MUST accept the fact that a pregnancy may result. The problem is, without a doubt, IRRESPONSIBILITY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies