Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2018, 08:27 PM

23,645 posts, read 12,561,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Trump’s own administration reported immigrants are not a security risk. Trump should protect our voting infrastructure and digital infrastructure from his handlers in Russia, but we all know trump needs help with the midterms so that ain’t going to happen.
Voter registration and paper ballots should do the trick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 08:50 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree. I don't believe a wall will be much help either.
A wall is not the entire solution.
It MUST be backed up by "a well regulated militia", and in this case, the United States Marines.
Countries located below our southern border need to be informed by the government of the Unite states that our border will be manned by the Marines, with orders to shoot to kill, anyone crossing without proper authorization.
That , combined with a wall, should end this illegal entry, once and for all.

There are many who will say this will cause a war with these countries.
To that I say BULL.
If these country governments relay the message to their citizens, that should deter them from even trying to come to this country illegally.

In other words, we are telling all others, you have been warned.

This pussyfooting liberal policy of letting as many enter that want to, has to stop.

Oh, and for those that didn't get the message, and still insist on entering illegally,at every 1/4 mile of the border would be a large billboard, facing the direction of Mexico.
Printed in large red letters, in Spanish, "ENTER THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY, AND YOU WILL GO HOME IN A BODY BAG.
NO EXCEPTIONS.

Militarize the southern border, from Texas, to ten miles out in the Pacific ocean.

That is the policy this country needs to adopt, and enforce.

I had to edit this post because I forgot one very important faction that also has to be included in our border security.

The statue of liberty either needs to be removed, or it's premise of allowing for the "tired and oppressed longing to be free"BS has to end abruptly.
We citizens are tired and oppressed by the influx of these illegal aliens bombarding our country, and costing us billions of dollars in support for them.
We are tired at taking in the rest of the world's problems.
To that old argument we are a "nation of immigrants" I can only add, we were, but now it is time to shut the gates.
We don't need any more.

Bob.

Last edited by CALGUY; 09-08-2018 at 09:09 PM..

Old 09-08-2018, 09:01 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
This is true.
The government only has to offer fair market value to take land by eminent domain.

Bob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Only if the government doesn't offer fair market prices for the land in question.
I am sure here are agencies through out the country that apprise land for it's value.
No courts needed.

Bob.
You mean steal by force?

Eminent domain is outright theft, just like taxes.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:03 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You’d think he sighed an executive order to legalize millions of illegals.
That was George W. Bush who wanted that. Congress shortstopped him.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:08 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Essentially you can't use the military on US soil, there are a few, small cases where you can, but to bring in the Marines is a big no-no.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-08-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
You mean steal by force?

Eminent domain is outright theft, just like taxes.
Whatever you choose to call it, it is L E G A L.
It is the legal precedents for acquiring land the government needs for whatever purpose.

Bob.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:21 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I voted Trump, but I think the "wall" is not a good idea.

I believe military should be used to defend the border, but they should not be used as the manual labor to build the wall.
If the Marines are used to guard American embassies, then military can be used to defend the border. All these being said, they are not manual labors. sheesh

Building barriers is what a military does when tasked to defend territory from intruders. It is perfectly consistent with the duties of the military - to defend US territory.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Essentially you can't use the military on US soil, there are a few, small cases where you can, but to bring in the Marines is a big no-no.
That being the case, surely the national guard could take up the same duties.

Bob.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The wall will not stop the flow of illegal immigrants as they will easily find ways to bypass it,in the meantime US tax payers will be on the hook for the billions of $$$ it will cost to build a wall that will accomplish nothing..

Thousands of them will bypass it. Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands won't. The wall will work which is precisely why the groups that want more immigration are so adamantly opposed to it.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The military construction battalions can do the job faster and cheaper than private contractors.

Probably less than half the cost without the greedy price-gouging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies