Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 03:40 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times

Advertisements

From what i can gather from the mish mash of the likes of Commissar Pelosi, Booker, Di-Fi, and Maxi pad Waters is that they are going to raise taxes, and try to impeach the President simply because he dies not kiss their like most RIONOS do, what else thet promising?

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-11-2018 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 03:51 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Why does anyone think the Democrats will take back the House, aside from the same so-called "experts" who wrongly predicted that Hillary Clinton would beat Donald Trump easily and quite severely now breathlessly insisting that the Democrats are going to win the House?

There needs to be a better reason than this for people to believe these sorts of predictions.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:53 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Why does anyone think the Democrats will take back the House, aside from the same so-called "experts" who wrongly predicted that Hillary Clinton would beat Donald Trump easily and quite severely now breathlessly insisting that the Democrats are going to win the House?

There needs to be a better reason than this for people to believe these sorts of predictions.
Yeah you’re right. Don’t worry be happy. Everything will be fine. No need for you republican to worry. Everything will stay red🤭🤭🤭

Old 09-10-2018, 03:56 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Yeah you’re right. Don’t worry be happy. Everything will be fine. No need for you republican to worry. Everything will stay red������
Your "experts" have spoken. Now we will see if they are wrong, yet again. Because they very frequently are wrong.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:56 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
From what i can gather from the mish mash of the likes of Commissar Pelosi, Booker, Di-Fi, and Maxi pad Waters is that they are going to raise taxes, and try to impeach the President simply because he dies not kiss their azz like most RIONOS do, what else thet promising?
I'm not sure there's any point in replying to someone engaging in stupid slurs like "Maxi pad," but I'll tell you one thing - Republicans should be shaking in their boots at the possibility that the tables will be completely turned and Dems would do as they were done by.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:05 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm not sure there's any point in replying to someone engaging in stupid slurs like "Maxi pad," but I'll tell you one thing - Republicans should be shaking in their boots at the possibility that the tables will be completely turned and Dems would do as they were done by.
Oh boy, we will get revenge on those bad republicans!!!! Yipppppeeee hoooray [seal clapping in back ground]

Old 09-10-2018, 04:11 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Dems may freak out and put forward impeachment proceedings which will go nowhere. They will hold up any Repub agenda and Americans will get tired of the crap once again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:13 PM

482 posts, read 242,453 times
I don't think the Dems will take the house back. I don't really care either way, but in today's climate, anything even remotely close is going to typically result in a republican victory. The left and general barks much louder than the right, and they own the media, the polls, and what's considered socially acceptable in general. This creates an illusion that they're doing much better than they really are. Unfortunately that illusion also doesn't result in actual votes either.

Old people vote like clockwork. They don't need to be motivated. You can bet the farm that on voting day, old people are going to vote. I think it will be close but the Republicans will narrowly keep the house. The left will look stupid again for counting their chickens before they hatch.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:14 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
They will probably take the house, but not the senate. Anyone thinking otherwise has completely ignored the trends we can see in the data. As such this is what you can expect:
House investigatory committees with subpoena power. We WILL see trumps taxes. We will see people who perjure themselves charged with it.

The impeachment argument is overwhelmingly being made by Republicans. Democrats will only push for it if they have evidence that will win the day. People concerned about that need to remember-its not a 51% majority to impeach a president, its a 2/3 majority. So Republicans will have to sign on. So that is just so much hot air barring evidence.

The ability to pass non bipartisan laws will be gone. Something which to be honest I prefer-no matter which party. A fully Democratic house, senate, and presidency is just as bad as a fully Republican one. This is a good thing for anyone who wants whats best for the country. Legislation that we ALL want is far better then legislation a minority wants. And lets be honest, neither Republicans, nor Democrats represent a majority of the US.

Trump and his staff WILL be investigated just like Clinton, and Obamas were. Unlike them I expect a lot of issues to show up. Trumps team recommended a lot of people for partisan and corrupt reasons rather then competency. When it was all GOP ran house and senate this worked. Not so much when the other party has subpoena power. This will cause a lot more corruption to appear. So expect the Democrats to use this as a election slogan in 2020.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:15 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
From what i can gather from the mish mash of the likes of Commissar Pelosi, Booker, Di-Fi, and Maxi pad Waters is that they are going to raise taxes, and try to impeach the President simply because he dies not kiss their azz like most RIONOS do, what else thet promising?
Waiter, I'll have what he's having.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies