Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2008, 03:05 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
What may be a 'book of fiction' to you, is guidance to others. So, if it is fiction to you afterall, then how can you honestly think you'll understand an answer to the question: 'how can you get morals and values from a book of fiction?' If it's already fiction to you, then why bother asking?
Excellent post. The only purpose of comments like his is to insult Christians. He thinks that makes him superior to them, when in actuality it just demonstrates his ignorance and bigotry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 03:12 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Excellent post. The only purpose of comments like his is to insult Christians. He thinks that makes him superior to them, when in actuality it just demonstrates his ignorance and bigotry.
Agreed. It appears that folks are guilty of the very same insulting nature they're attacking for.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Agreed. It appears that folks are guilty of the very same insulting nature they're attacking for.
That happens a lot. Many people who pose as agitators for equal rights are really just interested in gaining the power to control the conversation.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
JTraik, I had a husband because I'm not a lesbian.

You seem to be missing the basic element of all of this: people don't choose to be straight or gay. It's biological.

They deserve the same rights and privileges of all members of this society.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:07 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,705,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
: people don't choose to be straight or gay. It's biological.

Really ???

When did I miss this news flash re it's biological...

I did read...

The human genome is complete and the Human Genome Project is over” (see “Human Genome Report Most of the major science journals reported on the progress in the field of genetics, but also speculated on how the information would now be used. The one piece of information that never materialized from the Human Genome Project was the identification of the so-called “gay gene.”

So...what's the link to the NEW information you must have access to that supercedes the results of the Genome project. ????

inquiring minds want to know

NEW Note .......by new I don't mean previously discredited and unrepeatable claims made my previous junk science advocates.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:23 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,815 times
They have the same rights, what they are asking for are privlidges for which they do not meet the criteria and standards. The same as I dont meet the criteria for the benefits of Affimative Action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
JTraik, I had a husband because I'm not a lesbian.

You seem to be missing the basic element of all of this: people don't choose to be straight or gay. It's biological.

They deserve the same rights and privileges of all members of this society.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:32 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,068 times
Quote:
You ever try to put together a workout machine without a manual? Certainly, some people are mechanically inclined and feel that they don't need a manual, but there are those of us who would choose to use the manual as guidance, if nothing else.
Yes, I have tried to out together things without the manuel guide and guess what? I successfully built them without a guide. I don't need common sense I already have it

Quote:

What may be a 'book of fiction' to you, is guidance to others. So, if it is fiction to you afterall, then how can you honestly think you'll understand an answer to the question: 'how can you get morals and values from a book of fiction?' If it's already fiction to you, then why bother asking?
You use that book of fiction to discriminate and use it as a scapegoat for your pathetic behavior of basic human freedom. When you realize that you shouldn't be stinking your nose in other people's lives and realize that the book isn't the way most people want to be living, I will be feeling much more relived.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:35 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Again you are insulting non-christians people whose lives don't want anything to do with religion. And you want for the government-which is suppose to give every one same freedom-to oppose one group due to their sexual orientation. you use a book of fiction that in the book of leviticus says man can not be on top of another man. While you ignore that if you masturbate you should eat using your other hand for the rest of the day. You also forget it didn't mention anything about man behind man.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
Again you are insulting non-christians people whose lives don't want anything to do with religion. And you want for the government-which is suppose to give every one same freedom-to oppose one group due to their sexual orientation. you use a book of fiction that in the book of leviticus says man can not be on top of another man. While you ignore that if you masturbate you should eat using your other hand for the rest of the day. You also forget it didn't mention anything about man behind man.
I'm not insulting anyone, nor have I said anything derogatory about anyone's beliefs. I am merely pointing out that the purpose of anti-Christian posts is to insult Christians. I don't "want the government" to "oppose" anyone, nor could I if I wanted: all of us already have the same rights. Your use of the term "fiction" ignores such basic considerations as metaphors and parables, and is intended to demean Christians and the Bible. It is your right to do so. It is also an indication of your lack of common courtesy and civility.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:05 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,764 times
I hate how everyone keeps saying how our government is supposed to be impartial, and make decisions that benefit everyone. Excuse me, don't we have a two party system? Don't decisions go back and forth depending on who is in office, and won't one group of people perpetually be on the better end of such decisions? America has always been this way. Politicians in this great country represent many different groups, from corporations to all kinds of demographics, and each politician is slightly different in who they are influenced by and who they actually represent. Again, we all know this. If the MAJORITY of America is not gay, or the MAJORITY of america is christian, it stands to reason that our government would make a lot of decisions that make THOSE PEOPLE happy. This isn't wrong or right. It's how our government works. You can protest, and elect leaders which fit your fancy, and bribe people, and do all other sorts of things to get the tide swinging in your favor.

While the individuals are wasting their time bantering back and forth on forums or in coffeeshops, the real decisions that affect people are being made above their heads. If gays want things to change they must work on it from another end, as many of them have been doing.

But PLEASE, stop acting like the government shouldn't represent the majority of christians over others, or shouldn't have a religious slant! It should do exactly what it's been doing, because we haven't had a revolution and thrown down our government yet. The government in *this country* does have christian influences and bias and agents. It only stands to reason! If we were a 95% athiest nation, it would be the other way! And it would make sense! Get off it already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies