Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 11:22 AM

57,298 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
So a real estate mogul negotiated a deal to build a hotel in Russia (as he did in many countries). One of his many attorneys lied about it, and that’s your “Russian Collusion/Russia switched the votes” argument? And after 2 years this is what you have?

You guys are delusional if you think a tabloid conspiracy is enough to unseat a president or convict anyone with criminal charges. Wapo, and the NYTs print a slanted story...CNN runs with it and online left leaning journalists tweet their interpretation of what was printed...your favorite comedians and actors make jokes about it and you’re stuck in a matrix of fantasy for the weekend only to end up disappointed on Monday again.

And around and round we go...
Negotiating a deal for a hotel in Moscow while he is running for president is not just any real estate mogul. This could offer insight to other meetings Trump jr and Kushner had with Russia. Keep in mind they all claimed they had no contact with Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 11:22 AM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
So a real estate mogul negotiated a deal to build a hotel in Russia (as he did in many countries).

correct.

Quote:
One of his many attorneys lied about it,....

correct..... to congress.

trump also lied about it while in office:

"I have had dealings over the years where I sold a house to a very wealthy Russian many years ago. I had the Miss Universe pageant — which I owned for quite a while — I had it in Moscow a long time ago. But other than that, I have nothing to do with Russia,"

Donald J. Trump, 05/11/17

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/11/trum...o-nothing.html

Old 11-29-2018, 11:23 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So why would Trump's attorney commit a felony to cover up something so innocent and commonplace?
Who knows. How does this point to Trump though? Where’s Trump’s collusion at?

This is just the JFK assassination all over again. Just one conspiracy piled onto another. Personally, unless there is a full recording verified or some type of documentation, I don’t see any of this going anywhere. The hysteria in Wapo and the comment section of the NYTs just isnt concrete enough

Old 11-29-2018, 11:24 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
So a real estate mogul negotiated a deal to build a hotel in Russia...
Who? Certainly not Trump. I mean, look at this tweet:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...59806489591809

Old 11-29-2018, 11:26 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
SO why lie about it? Lying about something that everyone knows it's what built his empire. The man is a successful RE Developer, why lie? Makes no sense.

And you are defending that?

I haven't see the full report and neither have you. Mueller forcing Cohen to admit lying to Congress for a lesser sentence for his financial convictions is not evidence or the truth.

If you want to use Cohen as a reliable witness to make a case against Trump then you don't charge him with lying or perjury because it makes him worthless especially when it's part of a plea deal for a lesser sentence for his financial convictions that has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:27 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Who knows. How does this point to Trump though? Where’s Trump’s collusion at?

This is just the JFK assassination all over again. Just one conspiracy piled onto another. Personally, unless there is a full recording verified or some type of documentation, I don’t see any of this going anywhere. The hysteria in Wapo and the comment section of the NYTs just isnt concrete enough
Again, you have no idea what recordings or not that Mueller has. You have no idea at all of what Mueller has.

Last edited by trobesmom; 11-29-2018 at 12:05 PM..

Old 11-29-2018, 11:27 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Who? Certainly not Trump. I mean, look at this tweet:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...59806489591809

not with the government of Russia. I'm still waiting on Mueller to show us anything other than lying to Congress.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:28 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
correct.

correct..... to congress.

trump also lied about it while in office:

"I have had dealings over the years where I sold a house to a very wealthy Russian many years ago. I had the Miss Universe pageant — which I owned for quite a while — I had it in Moscow a long time ago. But other than that, I have nothing to do with Russia,"

Donald J. Trump, 05/11/17

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/11/trum...o-nothing.html
And the bolded is your smoking gun???

I know this will drive some of you crazy, but this would never be enough to covnvict a sitting president or anyone for that matter. Unless there is hardcore, concrete evidence, it will go no where. Regardless of what a Twitter journalist with a blue check next to their name will claim

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Negotiating a deal for a hotel in Moscow while he is running for president is not just any real estate mogul. This could offer insight to other meetings Trump jr and Kushner had with Russia. Keep in mind they all claimed they had no contact with Russia.

The negotiations for the deal were underway well before his candidacy. He terminated the deal during his campaign.

Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
do you understand that charging Cohen with false statements to Congress makes his worthless on anything he says about Trump as a witness? That's all Mueller has, charging people with false statements and no other crime that has to do with collusion.

Does Mueller has something else other than making people plea to false statements? Is there an ACTUAL crime that has to do with espionage or a serious crime? We are still waiting.
Muller probably has what is at the end of the trail already. He is probably connecting all the dots with timelines and all other supporting detail. Muller is not just going to say yep there is collusion with no facts. And if there is no collusion he also has to prove that too. Lying about if a meeting had or had not happened messes with his facts. This isn't some Magnum PI episode. Muller's report is going to be thick as it's going to at least should have a time period of what everyone did and said. The amount of data he has to compile and link together factually is immense.

Remember Muller is also there to prove that there also NO collusion as well with fact and supporting detail.

So if there is no collusion according to Trump etal, let Muller speak his peace so we can all move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies