Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 08:47 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,632,416 times

Advertisements

Disturbing trend: hip hop artists succumb to the siren song of conservatism.

TRANSLATION: After thirty years of liberal government officials making promises to sucker us in and then failing to keep them, and the country's economy sliding downhill after a few years of liberal uber-government followed by sluggish "recoveries" until they are replaced with more conservative govt that let people do what they want without so much interference, these people are finally realizing that liberal government is a bad way to run the country, and are turning to conservatism. That's a "disturbing trend" to us, because they are finding there is actually no need for liberalism and they are better off without us. Uh-oh.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 09:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I don't claim to speak for any blacks at all.

Nor any whites other than myself.

You however seem to think that the color of your skin makes you some sort of authority on what the correct or incorrect attitude and political leanings of those who share your pigmentation should be.

I argue politics all the time based on the opinions and political leanings of others.....

But I never ridicule or presume to tell anyone what their political opinions should be based on the color of their skin.
I’m under no obligation to do what you do. I’m not here to follow your example.

Simply put, I know the outlook on politics by African Americans in general because I’m a black man that cavorts with other blacks people on a regular basis.

That means that I have a clue, and can talk about my own people with an air of authority on the topic.

It’s also why I sound credible when talking about black folks, and the rest of you sound like...errr, I’m not gonna say what you sound like when you guys start yammering on about black this and black that when it’s painfully obvious that you don’t know any African Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Being completely racially driven in everything that you say and do is pretty much the definition of racism.

Your own words prove it with every post.
You guys keep saying this, but you simply can’t prove that I’m a racist. You’re continuously coming up lame on that point.

I’ve started several threads. What thread have I started that was race related if I’m so racially driven? Pick one.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:40 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,016,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Here is ultra-conservative gadfly Ben Shapiro touting Cardi B's "amazing tax rant." Not good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH9ydD6KWTc

"Let's forge a partnership here," he says. "Cardi B and Ben Shapiro."
I can see why young Ben would like to "forge a partnership" with Cardi B. She is a former stripper and has on the order of 40DD "upper register."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-39SFNDiOCY

Old 09-16-2018, 03:41 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,390,119 times
Quote:
Everyone knows about Kanye West and his MAGA hats. No comment really needed. As far as I know, Trump is still on track to hold some kind of racial 'summit' with Kanye and Candace Owens in Oct. 2018.

But there have been several other notable hip hop artists to fall victim to the siren song of conservatism. In 2012 Nicki Minaj rapped in a song:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS...ry?id=17153313

Rapper 50 Cent is reportedly an active investor and businessman who leans Republican. He helped found a sports drink company that was sold to Coca Cola for $4.1 billion. The Trump campaign approached him in 2017, and to his credit he rebuffed them.

Lastly is this rant by singer Cardi B regarding government spending. I have heard this played on a conservative talk show (warning: LANGUAGE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvDQjUBHG5U

I am especially concerned because these are people who are very influential among young African Americans. They are being steered down a very wrong path. What can be done to correct this?
Alarmed, because people are waking up to the slavery of the Democrat party? You're afraid American citizens are not wanting to continue on the plantation?

Old 09-16-2018, 03:47 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,495,443 times
I’m sure there are a lot more rappers that are Trump supporters besides Kanye .
Also in the entertainment business too . They just know it’s risky to come out as a Trump supporter or come across as possibly a Republican or Conservative.

Why take the risk when they know the industry is mostly liberal and young fans are generally liberal because they don’t know any better .

Old 09-16-2018, 03:49 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,126,069 times
Yes, it's very concerning to the left that black people are beginning to think for themselves, help themselves, becoming employed and productive under Trumps leadership....don't they know that they must adhere to the left's racist view that all blacks must look, act, believe and vote a certain way....AND be totally reliant on handouts from the left?

If you ever want to know exactly what the left really thinks of blacks, just listen to some of the recordings of President Johnson on the subject.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:58 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,390,119 times
To Democrats, leaving the plantation had consequences. It always has. Just ask the Democrat slaveholders, KKK members or Jim Crow officials.

Old 09-16-2018, 04:30 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,016,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Alarmed, because people are waking up to the slavery of the Democrat party? You're afraid American citizens are not wanting to continue on the plantation?
No it's not like that.

Let's just take a look at some simple numbers. In 2012, Barack Obama won the popular vote by about 5 million votes, with about 127 million total votes case. Per exit polling, about 15 million of those votes were cast by African American voters.

Bottom line, if just 17 percent of those African American voters had flipped their votes to Romney, we would likely have had a President Romney instead of a President Obama from 2013-2017.

Seventeen percent--that is less than 1 in 6 African American voters that Romney would have needed to win the popular vote. I know, I know, the electoral vote is a different matter, but you get the point.

That is why I find this trend so alarming and dangerous.

Presidential Race - 2012 Election Center - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Old 09-16-2018, 05:00 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,740,297 times
Historically, any discussion the Republicans have ever had concerning the rap culture is usually accompanied by facial expressions that are akin to someone eating a raw persimmon. As soon as a few of them declare themselves "conservative" they just can't say enough nice things about them. And they try like hell to convince everyone that only the left is hypocritical? Weird huh?

Old 09-16-2018, 06:03 PM

11,149 posts, read 10,728,231 times
Quote:
No it's not like that.

Let's just take a look at some simple numbers. In 2012, Barack Obama won the popular vote by about 5 million votes, with about 127 million total votes case. Per exit polling, about 15 million of those votes were cast by African American voters.

Bottom line, if just 17 percent of those African American voters had flipped their votes to Romney, we would likely have had a President Romney instead of a President Obama from 2013-2017.

Seventeen percent--that is less than 1 in 6 African American voters that Romney would have needed to win the popular vote. I know, I know, the electoral vote is a different matter, but you get the point.

That is why I find this trend so alarming and dangerous.

Presidential Race - 2012 Election Center - Elections & Politics from CNN.com
In other words, you don't want young African Americans to realize that Democrat policies are racist and vote for the "other guy".

I bet you'd really hate to tak to some of my Libertarian friends who happen to be people of color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Historically, any discussion the Republicans have ever had concerning the rap culture is usually accompanied by facial expressions that are akin to someone eating a raw persimmon. As soon as a few of them declare themselves "conservative" they just can't say enough nice things about them. And they try like hell to convince everyone that only the left is hypocritical? Weird huh?
I know plenty of conservatives who listen to rap and hip hop. Perhaps you should expand your circle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies