Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 06:45 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Yes, and here is a good example why. Violent and hateful and all too typical.
Notice the cheering from the crowd.

YouTube - BELLEVILLE SCHOOL BUS FIGHT
Yup. A couple of stupid kids on a school bus makes you scared of black men. How spineless.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:46 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Stupid white people with guns scare me, but that's about it.
Me too.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:53 PM

99 posts, read 151,162 times
I have a hard time believing the white people that say no.

True story, my friends husband friends went to the big after Thanksgiving sale at this store. He was very late getting there and new all of the games were going to ge gone. The store advertised you get to come in in the order you got there. So he saw one black guy standing at the door and everybody else in there cars. So he got out and went to the door. Right after that an Asian showed up and got out. He said what's going on I thought I'd be too late to get anything. So then everybody started getting out of their cars. At that point it wasn't just two big black guys at 5am, it was a line! So all of the white women got out running for the door! While the were waiting in line one of the women did say she was scared to get out. The funny thing is some of those people that had been waiting for hours didn't get the game. And what makes it even funnier. The 1st guy at the door was a Doctor. And my friends husband is an attorney. The Asian guy was unemployed!

Old 09-15-2009, 07:09 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
I've never been scared of black men, per se. But have experienced groups of young adult men, sometimes black, that have caused me concern. I think it was more the age, gender and situation than race.

While I've never been in the toughest inner city, I've been in some sticky situations with young black men who had their 'tude on. But it's been my experience that if you look at someone, really look at them and make eye contact and smile- a real smile- it tends to disarm folks. Often young toughs (man, does that word date me ) have looked at me with preconceived notions that I 1- am racist 2- do not like them 3- am scared of them. And while I have been concerned on occasion, I mostly see them as other mother's children.

This seems to work in most awkward situations. I think we just don't really take the time to "see" folks that make us uncomfortable, we look through them. When it comes down to it, people are all mostly the same. We want to be respected and cared about. We want other people to know that we exist.

My mom tells of taking my then 3YO GD to a public event that was all white. She said that some "big, scary-looking black man walked in and everybody was looking at him" (her words) and my GD ran right up to him. My mom was freaking out a little and my GD just gave the guy a big smile and reached out and held his hand. (Now cut my mom a break, as she is old and has never even eaten with a black person- LOL!) Preconceived notions can be a b!totch, but moreso for the person at the other end of that preconception.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:11 PM

841 posts, read 2,261,252 times
Not Really.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVOBAMA View Post
I have a hard time believing the white people that say no.

True story, my friends husband friends went to the big after Thanksgiving sale at this store. He was very late getting there and new all of the games were going to ge gone. The store advertised you get to come in in the order you got there. So he saw one black guy standing at the door and everybody else in there cars. So he got out and went to the door. Right after that an Asian showed up and got out. He said what's going on I thought I'd be too late to get anything. So then everybody started getting out of their cars. At that point it wasn't just two big black guys at 5am, it was a line! So all of the white women got out running for the door! While the were waiting in line one of the women did say she was scared to get out. The funny thing is some of those people that had been waiting for hours didn't get the game. And what makes it even funnier. The 1st guy at the door was a Doctor. And my friends husband is an attorney. The Asian guy was unemployed!
O M G... that is really sad, but at the same time hillarious, the ignorance. Now I know how to score the next big thing at Gamestop for my son....

Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawk87 View Post
Yes - and anyone who has even taken a basic look at the crime rates in this country should feel the same way.

When a small minority commits the majority of the violent crime and homicide in this country, there is a reason to be afraid. No amount of brainwashing will change that until Blacks change.
Using your logic, women should fear all men, as it is males who commit the vast, vast majority of violent crime.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:20 PM

99 posts, read 151,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawk87 View Post
Yes - and anyone who has even taken a basic look at the crime rates in this country should feel the same way.

When a small minority commits the majority of the violent crime and homicide in this country, there is a reason to be afraid. No amount of brainwashing will change that until Blacks change.

Is this really the fault of people who fear for their safety? Is it their fault that a minority of Black people commit a majority of crime in the country?

Do you think Channon Christian and her boyfriend said "Lets not stereotype, they may not be violent"? - How many people need to die for political correctness?

Yeah, run across the street from the big black guy to get help from Ted Bundy!!

Old 09-15-2009, 07:23 PM

257 posts, read 407,720 times
No. Living in Central Valley California, I'd prefer a black American over an illegal Mexican. I have no problem with most blacks, since they have been here just as long as White Americans have.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:18 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I am not talking about the black men you work with I am talking about the young black men you see in public and don't know?

If so why are you scared?

Be honest.

In my experience, blacks fear mexicans and white trash more than whites fear blacks. Just a casual observation.

BTW- why are blacks so afraid of dogs? I have seen that so many times, it supports the stereotypes. Not meaning to be offensive at all, but it seems true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies