Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 05:06 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I believe Keith Ellison's accuser over Dr. Ford.
MeToo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 07:35 AM

413 posts, read 301,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Roflmao! Pat Meehan? Trent Franks? Blake Farenthold?

Oh please, look at your bias right there. The cons rvwtives didn’t do it but the liberals were guilty? The conservatives were just as guilty as Eric Schneiderman, John Conyers, Ruben Kinuen, etc.

The difference is we, those monstrous feminists who have you so scared, know that men who harass or abuse are not divided by political lines.
Ok so if not divided by politcal lines as you say....
Why not believe those who were raped and molested by Bill Clinton. Monica Lewinsky was taken advantage of by her boss and has a Bill's dna on her dress to prove it. She was pushed down, made fun of, not believed by those who are yelling as loud as they for a 35 year old incident against a man of integrity. No evidence, no dna stained dress. Monica was harmed more by those feminists who claim to be for the women. She still is pushed down. Need I go on. I can think of several more voices about Bill Clinton. He is not demontrated against and never has been. In fact you feminists still love him and hate those he sexually abused. This is completely a political game against white male conservatives. I think your ammo will run out sooner than later as this goes on.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:43 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Just out of curiosity; is anybody keeping score? What I mean is how many on the left have gone down in flames compared to the right?

I truly believe that this movement all started with the notion of bringing down/impeaching President Trump. Nobody really saw that Weinstein would be the very first offender to suffer the consequences. Look at all the big names in the liberal media that took a fall. I know that it goes both ways and some on the right went down. I am just interested in the numbers and I feel that the left has suffered a far greater loss (but I could be wrong). It just appears that it backfired on the ones that originally pushed this movement.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:22 AM

413 posts, read 301,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Just out of curiosity; is anybody keeping score? What I mean is how many on the left have gone down in flames compared to the right?

I truly believe that this movement all started with the notion of bringing down/impeaching President Trump. Nobody really saw that Weinstein would be the very first offender to suffer the consequences. Look at all the big names in the liberal media that took a fall. I know that it goes both ways and some on the right went down. I am just interested in the numbers and I feel that the left has suffered a far greater loss (but I could be wrong). It just appears that it backfired on the ones that originally pushed this movement.
It would be interesting to see. My beef with this is that honest men get there charactor assasinated and guilty men go free. Yes the left has sacrificed a few liberal men who were obviously preditory, Weinstein. Weinstein held no office. But it seems those men like Bill and now Ellison do not get the same treatment as say a Kavanah who believes in life and headed for a position of influence.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:34 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

It’s sad that the movement is perceived as left or right.

No shortage of boys/ men have been behaving badly, since forever.

Trump bragged about sexual assault and dismissed it as “ locker room banter” and then in classic whataboutism, deflected that Bill Clinton said far worse on the golf course. And it’s quite possible he did.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:45 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It’s sad that the movement is perceived as left or right.

No shortage of boys/ men have been behaving badly, since forever.

Trump bragged about sexual assault and dismissed it as “ locker room banter” and then in classic whataboutism, deflected that Bill Clinton said far worse on the golf course. And it’s quite possible he did.

The problem is that we never should have needed a Metoo movement. If these cases were settled when they actually happened then there would have been no reason to look back. But, yes, fear of money and power prevented many of these cases from seeing the light of day. So we are now in the 'correction' phase. The problem is that we are also making mistakes as we try to correct the problems of the past. It is very hard to look back at he said/she said and determine true guilt or innocence. It is even harder when we use this as a tool for political gain and one side is pumping money into the system.

At some time in the future we will set guidelines. We just have not reached that stage as this evolves. Perhaps the SC will end up with the ultimate say?

Old 09-25-2018, 09:48 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Supreme Court nominations are always a nasty back-alley brawl where decorum, decency, ethics are off the table.

The whole purpose he is to stall out Kavanaughs confirmation with 11th hour delay tactics and paint any attempts to proceed as some violation of #metoo to help with the midterm elections.

This is of course, smart politics by the democrats and the reps would do the same if things were reversed.

However, at some point these allegations are somewhat flimsy and dated back to teenage etc. years opens up a big can or worms. It's going to be hard to get anyone nominated (including women), down the road where every tweet, email, snapchat or whatnot can be used to paint them as some horrible person. We'll have an all-Amish government in 40 years.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:38 AM

1,316 posts, read 748,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
How have I patronized you? How dare I say something nice or complement how the post was presented. That is feminist “horsepucky”if I ever heard it, only a feminist would be offended by a complement. If your 70 years old this is your second time around pushing this crap. Do you still have your ERA signs from the 70s? No one took it seriously then, as you can see we mock it still today. I do indeed hold feminism (and all other forms of liberalism) in contempt.

If you really think it is ok to punish men 30 years later for groping a girl at a drunken party then you are part of the gang of bullies preying upon men. Ruining a man for a minor transgression decades ago is beyond wrong. By the way there is still absolutely no evidence this woman was touched. We cannot ruin a man by some woman’s word. If we do that we might as well bring back witch trials. I do believe these me too clowns have overreached this time. The senate will vote and confirm Kavanaugh, these accusers will live in the shadows for a few years and this accusation will hang around their necks. Anita Hill is still defined by her defamation of Clarence Thomas’s character. For the rest of her life she will just be an accuser. Oh and feminism was wrong in the 70s and it’s still wrong today. It’s a bitter hateful ideology and it makes everyone miserable.

Yes, it is okay to bring truth to light 30 years later. PUNISHMENT is not meted out by the accuser. And what will happen to this man? He may lose a job that was never guaranteed to him.

What sort of evidence do you need? If HER word isn't good enough, then it will take some investigating & digging to find it. Which is it?

And people are ruining this woman by taking this man's word. Why would she come forward at all, in any circumstance, knowing what happens to women who make allegations like this? Knowing what happened to Anita Hill, how her life was impacted, what would compel someone to make something up out of nothing? It makes no sense.

Feminism is not wrong. It is simply the belief that women are not inferior to men. That's it. There are implications of that belief in every corner of life. But my belief that I am, that my daughter is the equal of a male--why is that wrong? You pervert what feminism means, and it tells me perhaps you are frightened of women, or maybe damaged somehow by women. I'm sorry for whatever terrible thing happened to you.

I'm a card-carrying feminist (I got my HRC Woman Card), and I don't hate men. I kind of dislike idiots in general, but that's men or women. I love a lot of men--my father, my husband, my son, for example, and I know they are respectful of women and acknowledge our equality. We're all kind of happy, to tell the truth. Not bitter, not hateful, not miserable. I can trust the men in my life, they can trust the women in theirs. Equality is the bomb!

Old 09-25-2018, 11:00 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Supreme Court nominations are always a nasty back-alley brawl where decorum, decency, ethics are off the table.

The whole purpose he is to stall out Kavanaughs confirmation with 11th hour delay tactics and paint any attempts to proceed as some violation of #metoo to help with the midterm elections.

This is of course, smart politics by the democrats and the reps would do the same if things were reversed.

However, at some point these allegations are somewhat flimsy and dated back to teenage etc. years opens up a big can or worms.
Quote:
It's going to be hard to get anyone nominated (including women), down the road where every tweet, email, snapchat or whatnot can be used to paint them as some horrible person.
We'll have an all-Amish government in 40 years.
I can see the future of a SC nominee or male politician being smeared with " he snorted cocaine off my ass and it was degrading".

You heard it here first

Old 09-25-2018, 11:05 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

However, at some point these allegations are somewhat flimsy and dated back to teenage etc. years opens up a big can or worms. It's going to be hard to get anyone nominated (including women), down the road where every tweet, email, snapchat or whatnot can be used to paint them as some horrible person. We'll have an all-Amish government in 40 years.
Yeah I think Metoo is just throwing red meat to the sexist identity group brigade of the democrat party. Unfortunately for democrats not all women are sexist against males leave alone not all men are.

Democrats the neo-Puritan regressives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies