Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2018, 06:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Makes you wonder what Ted would have said had the situation been reversed.
The same thing, while adding this war is fought at the ballot box, not with personal intimidation & bullets on a baseball field.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:41 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Tucker Carlson just showed a clip of the Cruzes being harassed and said, "This is what tyranny by rich kids with poetry degrees looks like."

Old 09-25-2018, 06:49 PM

78,436 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Meh, I wouldn't be surprised if Cruz himself didn't hire actors to accomplish this stunt. What better way to win sympathy in Texas?
It's far more likely with that he paid you to make such a ridiculous Alex Jones' type statement to get even more sympathy.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:50 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,253,841 times
Disturbing anyone, on either side, while out in public is insanity. Sheer insanity.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:54 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,431,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't think it's in the restaurant business's best interest to have a plan for how to shield people the public at large disdains.

If I were a restauranteur, I'd be happier if he and others equally disdained didn't show up so I'd have to waste my staff time protecting him from protesters.

And that's not a political statement - at all - I'd say it the other way around for people on either side. It's just a "what's good for business" stance. And "what's good for business" is not seeking and attracting patrons who bring controversy with them.
As a restaurateur I disagree with you 100%. When I decided to open my restaurant I knew that I would have to serve all people, regardless of my personal beliefs and feelings. I expected everyone, employees and patrons, to behave themselves accordingly. My employees were not permitted to bring their prejudices to work and my customers were expected to have respect for not only the staff but also for their fellow diners. What happened here, as well as the Red Hen, is completely unacceptable. And yes, in this day of lack of respect for others, a plan to protect customers and fellow staff members should be implemented and followed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:57 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Liberals are so weird.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:06 PM

78,436 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
`And for the record...his opponent has commented on how this kind of behaviour is unacceptable.
Just wanted to say that you've made a number of very good posts on this topic.

These idiots of course do not represent all or even most democrats. They are extreme fringe, just like the republicans have some real tools in their shed as well.

These losers may actually cost Beto the election with that action and perhaps further reaching implications.

The irony of ANTIFA thinking they're anti-facist is at least one small dark humor I take from this.

If I were Ted Cruz, and won the election, I'd have a staffer find the names of the protesters and send them each a fruit basket thanking them for helping him win....holy stupid batman.

P.S. I don't like Ted Cruz and I'd like to see the democrats get the house back to balance things out.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:10 PM

30,385 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't think it's in the restaurant business's best interest to have a plan for how to shield people the public at large disdains.

If I were a restauranteur, I'd be happier if he and others equally disdained didn't show up so I'd have to waste my staff time protecting him from protesters.

And that's not a political statement - at all - I'd say it the other way around for people on either side. It's just a "what's good for business" stance. And "what's good for business" is not seeking and attracting patrons who bring controversy with them.
Demonstrating the level of the problem...Republicans are demonized, assassinated by Leftists zealots and attacked in Restaurants in the District of Crap... I know I'm ahead on this but this type of intimidation and violence from Leftists will only get worse and Republicans will have to abandon the District of Crap and work and live elsewhere at some point in the future.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:15 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
These people are nuts. Should they be arrested for harassment?
https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/24/t...dc-restaurant/
And they keep asking ...... "why are there no signs/bumper stickers for GOP Candidates??????"

Because they will be persecuted, their homes will be vandalized, their businesses will be banned and attacked .... just as Normal People are attacked IF it is perceived that they do NOT follow the Radical Leftists. They attack you in public, they attack you when you are attempting to eat a dinner out ..... that's all they do.

Remember in November ...... at this point in time ..... they can NOT attack you in the Voting Booth.
That could change if we don't get control over these Dangerous People who are determined to turn anyone who Votes against them into an Enemy who must be destroyed in any way possible.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:20 PM

2,068 posts, read 1,000,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Tucker Carlson just showed a clip of the Cruzes being harassed and said, "This is what tyranny by rich kids with poetry degrees looks like."

At least he did not call them deplorables and dregs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies