Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 06:54 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I am pissed at Hillary for that deplorable thing.
Heres her qoute:
Quote:
“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”
What part of that are you angry about?

BTW for real fun when people call themselves deplorables, I ask what type specifically as she listed them. racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, orIslamaphobic?

Old 09-26-2018, 06:55 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
I sure do. I think all the time.

As a matter of fact, tons of Democrats were very unhappy with Obama. What Republicans were too stupid to understand, though, is that we still admired him for some things, and found him far preferable to Romney. That's why Republicans mis-read their polls.

For instance, I was profoundly upset that Obama didn't dismantle some of Bush's surveillance. I was profoundly upset that Al Franken was hounded out. I think Andrew Cuomo seems to be disturbingly corrupt.

As for Republicans, McCain often said things I liked. And I think well of Mueller. I could probably think of other examples, but I'm short on sleep.

Now - your turn. I find that Trump supporters slavishly fawn on his every word. So let's hear some things you disagree with from him. I generally find that most Trumpy posts here are lacking both in thought, logic, and sourced fact.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:56 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Absolutely. And geuss what? Most Democrats think the exact same about you.

Heres what I have found that separates out the thinkers from the non thinkers. If you have views that don't align well with your party, the odds are you are thinking. If they do align perfectly with the party you identify with? You probably arent thinking.
So that would imply that Trump supporters don't think at all? They seem to swallow every statement, hook, line, and sinker.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:58 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I sure do. I think all the time.

As a matter of fact, tons of Democrats were very unhappy with Obama. What Republicans were too stupid to understand, though, is that we still admired him for some things, and found him far preferable to Romney. That's why Republicans mis-read their polls.

For instance, I was profoundly upset that Obama didn't dismantle some of Bush's surveillance. I was profoundly upset that Al Franken was hounded out. I think Andrew Cuomo seems to be disturbingly corrupt.

As for Republicans, McCain often said things I liked. And I think well of Mueller. I could probably think of other examples, but I'm short on sleep.

Now - your turn. I find that Trump supporters slavishly fawn on his every word. So let's hear some things you disagree with from him. I generally find that most Trumpy posts here are lacking both in thought, logic, and sourced fact.
sad about Cosby?

Old 09-26-2018, 07:00 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I agree with different things on both sides, and I think a lot of people do.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-26-2018, 07:01 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Heres her qoute:

What part of that are you angry about?

BTW for real fun when people call themselves deplorables, I ask what type specifically as she listed them. racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, orIslamaphobic?
For starters it is divisive. I don't believe most of the mud slung about her but I'm also sure she shouldn't sit in her ivory tower doling out judgement. We do have people like that in this country. I find it to be more of a symptoms of a dysfunctional system rather than flawed humans. She doesn't know what conditions people have been living under that have made them angry and frustrated. It didn't need to be said.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
So that would imply that Trump supporters don't think at all? They seem to swallow every statement, hook, line, and sinker.

I feel that way. Trump lies. A lot. Supporting him seems illogical at best. But I dont think being 100% against him is logical either. It leads to biases that do not reflect reality.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:03 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
There are many of us stuck in the middle with nowhere to go. There's plenty in either party I cannot sign on to.
And this is why I think the only true future that America has is if a third party were formed that tries to find a middle ground that tries to maintain conservative values while moving forward as a society. (I know, sounds impossible but some of us conservatives actually know that change is good for us, we just don't have to do it all at once with no forethought given).

Old 09-26-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
For starters it is divisive. I don't believe most of the mud slung about her but I'm also sure she shouldn't sit in her ivory tower doling out judgement. We do have people like that in this country. I find it to be more of a symptoms of a dysfunctional system rather than flawed humans. She doesn't know what conditions people have been living under that have made them angry and frustrated. It didn't need to be said.
Its...divisive. And Clinton agrees with you saying it was something she regretted saying. But to pick that one up to be mad at her? Something she regretted saying? Yeah no. I don't expect perfection from folks.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:06 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Absolutely. And geuss what? Most Democrats think the exact same about you.

Heres what I have found that separates out the thinkers from the non thinkers. If you have views that don't align well with your party, the odds are you are thinking. If they do align perfectly with the party you identify with? You probably arent thinking.
That is one of the most insightful posts I've ever read.

Yes, if you have views you're willing to express that disagree with your party's platform, you are a thinker. If you don't feel like you can ever disagree with your leader, you are a robot looking for an enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies