Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 07:15 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its...divisive. And Clinton agrees with you saying it was something she regretted saying. But to pick that one up to be mad at her? Something she regretted saying? Yeah no. I don't expect perfection from folks.
I'm still pissed about the ***** grabber comment too. Maybe I'm just fantastic at holding a grudge.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:17 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
A lot of people I know are liberal Democrats, and it seems to me they will agree with anything a Democrat says or does, and disagree with anything a Republican says does.

So, to me, that means they are not really thinking. Their opinions are just automatic reactions.

If you are a Democrat, have you ever tried to think of something a Republican said that you agreed with, or that a Democrat said that you disagreed with?
My question is...

A lot of people I know are Conservative Republicans, and it seems to me they will agree with anything a Republican says or does, and disagree with anything a Democrat says does.

So, to me, that means they are not really thinking. Their opinions are just automatic reactions.

If you are a Republican, have you ever tried to think of something a Democrat said that you agreed with, or that a Republican said that you disagreed with?

It really works both ways! I was a Republican for most of my life, but I always voted my conscience...so
I voted Democrat as much as Republican...I honestly don't believe in voting a straight Party ticket (it's okay though if that is the way you roll...but it's not how I am.) I would be an Independent if it weren't for the fact that my state has closed Primaries. In some areas I am very Liberal, some areas I am pretty conservative, so I don't fit perfectly in either party...although I align closer to the Democrats right now...

Quote:
Absolutely. And geuss what? Most Democrats think the exact same about you.

Heres what I have found that separates out the thinkers from the non thinkers. If you have views that don't align well with your party, the odds are you are thinking. If they do align perfectly with the party you identify with? You probably arent thinking.
I would absolutely agree.
Quote:
That's what I meant. I never see any Democrats criticize anything a Democrat said, and the same for Republicans.
I think both sides deserve a fair amount of criticism! Both are far from Perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i think all the time, and i have no problem agreeing with democrats when they are right. and i have no problem disagreeing with republicans when they are wrong.

right and wrong do not live with one party or the other, those conce[ts transcend party lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
There are many of us stuck in the middle with nowhere to go. There's plenty in either party I cannot sign on to.
Yeah that....

Old 09-26-2018, 07:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I agree with different things on both sides, and I think a lot of people do.
Yes. I agree. I think most people have views that cross the party boundaries.

It's just on internet forums that you meet people who are completely one-sided.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:30 PM

556 posts, read 622,869 times
Quote:
I feel that way. Trump lies. A lot. Supporting him seems illogical at best. But I dont think being 100% against him is logical either. It leads to biases that do not reflect reality.
I don’t look at it as lying. I think that like a lot of us shoot off the cuff. I think that lying is Obama saying that insurance prices will decline to a certain level, that if you liked your doctor you could keep him, that he saved the economy, etc, etc. He knew that what he was saying was a lie as he was saying it. I feel sorry for rep. Wilson who yelled out at the state of the union address that he was lying. He was made to apologize for his outburst even though he was truthful. I think that his”beer summit “ was disgraceful. Anyone who disagreed with Obama was a racist. What are these crazy democrats called now?

Old 09-26-2018, 07:35 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I sure do. I think all the time.

As a matter of fact, tons of Democrats were very unhappy with Obama. What Republicans were too stupid to understand, though, is that we still admired him for some things, and found him far preferable to Romney. That's why Republicans mis-read their polls.

For instance, I was profoundly upset that Obama didn't dismantle some of Bush's surveillance. I was profoundly upset that Al Franken was hounded out. I think Andrew Cuomo seems to be disturbingly corrupt.

As for Republicans, McCain often said things I liked. And I think well of Mueller. I could probably think of other examples, but I'm short on sleep.

Now - your turn. I find that Trump supporters slavishly fawn on his every word. So let's hear some things you disagree with from him. I generally find that most Trumpy posts here are lacking both in thought, logic, and sourced fact.
Admire Obama what? Please name one.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'm still pissed about the ***** grabber comment too. Maybe I'm just fantastic at holding a grudge.
What’s wrong with the ***** grabber comment? I thought you people think.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
That's what I meant. I never see any Democrats criticize anything a Democrat said, and the same for Republicans.
Not true. I can’t stand most of the GOP and gladly call them out.

On the other hand, I have but disgust against the slave masters, aka Democraps.

Name one thing from the Democraps that doesn’t require putting a gun on the people’s heads.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:45 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
I don't like either party. I thought the last election was a no-win. Both were extremely bad. Both parties have offered up some clunkers for candidate. If you are honest to yourself, you would find Trump and Clinton both dishonest.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:45 PM

17,800 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Not true. I can’t stand most of the GOP and gladly call them out.

On the other hand, I have but disgust against the slave masters, aka Democraps.

Name one thing from the Democraps that doesn’t require putting a gun on the people’s heads.
I think we have one of those "thinkers" on our hands!!!

Old 09-26-2018, 07:49 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What’s wrong with the ***** grabber comment? I thought you people think.
What people am I?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies