Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 06:18 PM

8,233 posts, read 3,438,714 times

Advertisements

A lot of people I know are liberal Democrats, and it seems to me they will agree with anything a Democrat says or does, and disagree with anything a Republican says does.

So, to me, that means they are not really thinking. Their opinions are just automatic reactions.

If you are a Democrat, have you ever tried to think of something a Republican said that you agreed with, or that a Democrat said that you disagreed with?

Last edited by Good4Nothin; 09-26-2018 at 06:33 PM..

Old 09-26-2018, 06:20 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,423,477 times
Absolutely. And geuss what? Most Democrats think the exact same about you.

Heres what I have found that separates out the thinkers from the non thinkers. If you have views that don't align well with your party, the odds are you are thinking. If they do align perfectly with the party you identify with? You probably arent thinking.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Absolutely. And geuss what? Most Democrats think the exact same about you.

Heres what I have found that separates out the thinkers from the non thinkers. If you have views that don't align well with your party, the odds are you are thinking. If they do align perfectly with the party you identify with? You probably arent thinking.
That's what I meant. I never see any Democrats criticize anything a Democrat said, and the same for Republicans.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:37 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,423,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
That's what I meant. I never see any Democrats criticize anything a Democrat said, and the same for Republicans.
LOL. It does happen, on both sides here. Yeah we have a lot of 100% partisan people who dont think, but we have others here too.

Freaks out the partisan folks when suddenly they find themselves in agreement with me. LOL.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:39 PM

24,046 posts, read 15,161,142 times
There are many of us stuck in the middle with nowhere to go. There's plenty in either party I cannot sign on to.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. It does happen, on both sides here. Yeah we have a lot of 100% partisan people who dont think, but we have others here too.

Freaks out the partisan folks when suddenly they find themselves in agreement with me. LOL.
I agree with Democrats about half the time, and disagree with Republicans about half the time.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:43 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,856,286 times
Quote:
A lot of people I know are liberal Democrats, and it seems to me they will agree with anything a Democrat says or does, and disagree with anything a Republican says does.

So, to me, that means they are not really thinking. Their opinions are just automatic reactions.

If you are a Democrat, have you ever tried to think of something a Republican said that you agreed with, or that a Democrat said that you disagreed with?
Sure.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:45 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,856,286 times
Quote:
I've said many times that I didn't agree with everything Obama did. Nor was I a fan of Hillary.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,920,383 times
i think all the time, and i have no problem agreeing with democrats when they are right. and i have no problem disagreeing with republicans when they are wrong.

right and wrong do not live with one party or the other, those conce[ts transcend party lines.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:51 PM

15,899 posts, read 6,372,163 times
Quote:
I am pissed at Hillary for that deplorable thing. I don't like seeing ultra rich people comment on regular hard working Americans. That's also a reason I can't stand Trump. I was feeling the Bern and disagreed we needed a 15.00 min wage. I think market forces will drive up the wages to that anyway. I've never thought weed should be illegal. I am big on education and liked that Bernie was encouraging that. I supported Bernie because of his policies not that I supported Bernie first and then adopted his viewpoints. I think a country this rich should make sure everyone has access to healthcare. I think that will help people get of public assistance. I think our tax code does reward non married parents over married parents. Not that I am attempting to say married is better, just that a person shouldn't be financially better off in one situation. I think anyone that works should be better off than someone on assistance. I think there are things that need to be changed in that area.

Don't you choose who you vote for based on their issues? I've just never had a republican line up with me. If the Donald had ran as a Democrat, I would have jumped ship and voted Republican regardless of the issues. You guys really did have some bad picks this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies