Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 10:58 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,056,666 times

Advertisements

Just like that lefty post you always see someone putting up in Yahoo comments says...

"Remember to Vote in November!"

Funny thing is, the replies to that post all usually say things like "Yes, straight GOP"

Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 11:08 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
This was an extremely bold move on part of the Dems. Obviously the motive is there but I'm wondering "who knew what and when" and if the entirety of the top dogs are actually ok with this or not. I get that they close ranks, but assuming Brett gets confirmed I'm going to be disappointed if at least a few Dems don't vote for him. They know what the alternative for him is and I'd like to think some of them think beyond party lines and have some morality left. Wishful thinking maybe but my mind can't wrap itself around watching someones life being destroyed like this. And for what really? They will all be dead in the not so distant future (some a lot sooner than others) so why spend your days being so inhumane and tearing the country apart?

Old 09-29-2018, 11:17 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This was an extremely bold move on part of the Dems. Obviously the motive is there but I'm wondering "who knew what and when" and if the entirety of the top dogs are actually ok with this or not. I get that they close ranks, but assuming Brett gets confirmed I'm going to be disappointed if at least a few Dems don't vote for him. They know what the alternative for him is and I'd like to think some of them think beyond party lines and have some morality left. Wishful thinking maybe but my mind can't wrap itself around watching someones life being destroyed like this. And for what really? They will all be dead in the not so distant future (some a lot sooner than others) so why spend your days being so inhumane and tearing the country apart?
Kavanaugh is not fit to be on the Supreme Court. He clearly demonstrated his temperament and partisanship

Old 09-29-2018, 11:18 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Kavanaugh is not fit to be on the Supreme Court. He clearly demonstrated his temperament and partisanship
Did you get that talking point from CNN, CBS or ABC?

Old 09-29-2018, 11:25 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,229,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Just noticed that it's written by Willie Brown. Ha

I met him a long time ago when I used to live in the Bay Area.
You weren't a salesman at Wilkes Bashford were ya?

BTW, how is it that a black man could have graduated from TWO public universities in the Jim Crow era where white supremacists and Nazis were hanging blacks next to the side of the road, when they weren't shackling them to work in the fields on a chain gang?

Old 09-29-2018, 11:32 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Just like that lefty post you always see someone putting up in Yahoo comments says...

"Remember to Vote in November!"

Funny thing is, the replies to that post all usually say things like "Yes, straight GOP"

Lol
no one under 40 uses yahoo, let alone , leaves comments

Old 09-30-2018, 06:22 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,672,854 times
Quote:
I hope your daughters will never be in a situation like this. But if they are, would you believe them or belittle them like you are doing to Dr Ford.
I was raised in the generation that if I had any inkling that my daughter was not being totally truthful I would say so. IMO Dr. Ford was not a convincing witnesses, too many things she wasn't sure about, didn't know exactly, etc. There was no hard evidence or witnesses to back up her experience. I don't think people are belittling her, just stating their opinion of her testimony. I failed to see why all the demands she/her attorney made on the proceedings had any bearing. All the Democrats did was praise her courage and "compelling" testimony. The proceedings were Kavanaugh was guilty before she opened her mouth, no due process, no innocent until proven guilty. IMO and many of my friends Ford's testimony was that of a drama queen.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:23 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
They needed time to clean up/delete Ford's past... including her school records/yearbooks, work history, and all social media including pictures.

Don't believe me? Just try and find that stuff on the web.
Exactly. Rumors are out there that she had huge numbers of sexual partners in her teen years.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:27 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,672,854 times
Quote:
The only people that will run for public office or Supreme Court in the future will be morons. Partisanship? The Democrats made it clear in the beginning they wouldn't vote for him and then they proceeded to destroy not only his stellar reputation but his family. So in the future there will be low-life people on the SC like the vultures who spew and promote violence when life doesn't go there way. The lack of respect and tolerance for the Kavanaugh family spoke volumes.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:39 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
Quote:
He clearly demonstrated his dedication to defending his family and his reputation, things Democrats are unfamiliar with. He will make an excellent SCOTUS judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies