Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 06:03 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Quote:
Or maybe you didn't watch, or comprehend, SHE ALSO went to very prestigious PRIVATE school.
"So what?"

I know it is hard for you to keep up with all they hyperventilating over every post BUT, I was responding to ANOTHER POSTER who thought it important enough to tell all of us that Kav went to a private costly high school so I reminded him, and the rest of the readers that Ford ALSO went to private costly high school.
Then you should have addressed that in a reply to the other poster instead of in your reply to my post. You're obviously mixed up.

Quote:
Why is what school Kav went to important and NOT Ford's school?
I give up.

Is this a quiz?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 06:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
That's because the AZ lady knows a whole lot more about legal proceedings than you do. It has long been established that the past of the woman is not relevant to the current circumstance.
That might be true if this was a criminal case. If you were paying attention, you'd know that.

The reality of Thursday's Kavanaugh/GOP trainwreck is that Dr Ford directly answered every question posed to her.

Kavanaugh deflected, filibustered, sniveled and snarled. He showed himself to be a flop.

Quote:
So, you are 100% wrong again, and again, and again....
I'm not. This is a political proceeding, not a legal hearing.

But you're clearly upset about that.

Carry on.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:31 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Majority???? No one at all???? Not true. But feel free to provide evidence to the contrary.

Ok, how about this proof ?

https://www.nij.gov/topics/crime/rap...ification.aspx

Want more ? I've got all day and can give you at least 20 more sources that will confirm that the MAJORITY of victims say zero.

Now, let's see YOUR proof to the contrary. I'm waiting.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:37 AM

4,258 posts, read 3,179,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You haven't been paying attention to the facts. The MAJORITY of victims NEVER say one word to anyone, even their families or friends. Shame, the desire to have it go away, and the fear of repercussions make them choose to keep quiet. Look at how some have treated her on here, victims KNOW they will be made to look like the bad person by some, so they put it behind them and leave sleeping dogs lie. They figure what good would it do, and who would believe them.

Your post is a perfect example of the things victims try to avoid. Instead of looking at what courage it must take to come out, you look for little things to discredit her. Dr. Ford was a VERY credible person, with no agenda, she did not embellish to make her case stronger, she simply told the truth and nothing more.
Funny thing, my girlfriend had a party with 8 women on Saturday where the subject came up. They ALL stated that they would have told someone! I've known a few women that were assaulted....they told. Girlfriends talk!

Old 10-01-2018, 06:47 AM

3,088 posts, read 1,550,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
That's because the AZ lady knows a whole lot more about legal proceedings than you do. It has long been established that the past of the woman is not relevant to the current circumstance. So, you are 100% wrong again, and again, and again....
Except that the past is the current case. It is one and the same.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Funny thing, my girlfriend had a party with 8 women on Saturday where the subject came up. They ALL stated that they would have told someone! I've known a few women that were assaulted....they told. Girlfriends talk!

None of those 8 had been actually assaulted, so they are not in a position to say what they REALLY would have done if it had happened. Statistics tell us that the majority of victims sweep it under the carpet, for a variety of reasons, and do not even tell their family or best friends.

As we all know, we humans tend to say one thing and actually do something totally different, when push comes to shove.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:25 AM

477 posts, read 276,928 times
Quote:
As we all know, we humans tend to say one thing and actually do something totally different, when push comes to shove.
This seems to contradict the concept of "believe women... (automatically, because of gender!)"

Old 10-01-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
This seems to contradict the concept of "believe women... (automatically, because of gender!)"

No one says we should automatically believe something just because a woman said it, but we should also not DISBELIEVE it when they do either.

All of those GOP Senators had their mind made up, they didn't give a damn if she was telling the truth or not, they want him pushed through NOW.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:43 AM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
There must be a video out there of her teaching. I don't believe for a second she looks or sounds like that in real life. If so, wow!
She tired to sound like an iddy biddy little girl in order to manipulate the weak minded...don't believe anything she says, she's a paid liar.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:44 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
Quote:
No one says we should automatically believe something just because a woman said it, but we should also not DISBELIEVE it when they do either.

All of those GOP Senators had their mind made up, they didn't give a damn if she was telling the truth or not, they want him pushed through NOW.
The Democrats announced they would appose him before they knew who he was or heard anything about Ford's allegations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies