Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 12:12 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,587,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I hope your daughters will never be in a situation like this. But if they are, would you believe them or belittle them like you are doing to Dr Ford.
And I sincerely hope that you or your daughter are never in a situation like this, where you feel it necessary to fabricate false claims of the most heinous nature, merely for political purposes.

edited to fix "ever" vs "never" (still can't type)

Last edited by Buckeye77; 09-30-2018 at 12:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 12:16 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,587,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Then that's what the "Aunt Lydia" prosecutor from AZ the Pubs hired to hide behind should have brought out on Thursday. Because that certainly would have destroyed her credibility.

The fact that they didn't come within a country mile of any question approaching that casts heavy doubt on your claim.

That's because the AZ lady knows a whole lot more about legal proceedings than you do. It has long been established that the past of the woman is not relevant to the current circumstance. So, you are 100% wrong again, and again, and again....

Old 09-30-2018, 12:31 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
And I sincerely hope that you or your daughter are ever in a situation like this, where you feel it necessary to fabricate false claims of the most heinous nature, merely for political purposes.
This made me laugh out laughs loud! These people on the left still can’t figure out that this was all designed and made up out of thin air.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:11 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The Republicans chose this route because they were terrified of questioning Ford themselves, knowing they would look like a bunch of knuckle-dragging cretins. It was their choice.

I agree that it backfired on them. But no worries, Lindsay Graham managed to let the world know that even having the audacity to question Kavanaugh was shameful, shameful, shameful. Not a word about Ford's testimony, just how awful it was that the Democrats dared to question poor Brett.

He made sure to let the world know the Republicans are fine with sexual assault. Although from their support of a serial sexual assaulter in the White House I guess we already knew that.
We are fine with sexual assault that has zero proof or evidence, which, last time I checked, is what is required under our constitution. Oh wait. I forgot. The Libs dont like the Constitution because it’s living and breathing and needs insane progressive ideas tacked on to it such as gay marriage, abortions and lgbt garbage. Too bad the founding fathers had morals and believed in God. Those are wicked terrible words for you guys. Well, hope you enjoyed your few decades of garbage. The pendulum has swung back to normalcy and decency.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:15 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
We are fine with sexual assault that has zero proof or evidence, which, last time I checked, is what is required under our constitution. Oh wait. I forgot. The Libs dont like the Constitution because it’s living and breathing and needs insane progressive ideas tacked on to it such as gay marriage, abortions and lgbt garbage. Too bad the founding fathers had morals and believed in God. Those are wicked terrible words for you guys. Well, hope you enjoyed your few decades of garbage. The pendulum has swung back to normalcy and decency.
Have you ever heard of the Bill of Rights? How about the other 17 Amendments to the Constitution? Ring any bells?

No, judging from your post here, you probably have no idea what those are.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:21 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I don’t agree, I think it casts heavy on the biased double standards played out at the hearing —soft balls for Ford, hard balls for Kavanaugh.
That only floats if you ignore that Pubs controlled the hearing, just as they control the judicial committee.

But they clearly do, so back to your drawing board.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:47 AM

59,109 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Explain what her actions were that are being scrutinized, then. What youthful indiscretions disqualify her for what she's doing?

So what?

She went to a prestigious private school and got attacked by Kavanaugh.

Posts are so much more interesting for the reader when the poster has a point.

Here's an example:

Kavanaugh can't hold his tears or his liquor. No crying self-pitying wimpy drunks on the SC, please.

Quote:
Or maybe you didn't watch, or comprehend, SHE ALSO went to very prestigious PRIVATE school.
"So what?"

I know it is hard for you to keep up with all they hyperventilating over every post BUT, I was responding to ANOTHER POSTER who thought it important enough to tell all of us that Kav went to a private costly high school so I reminded him, and the rest of the readers that Ford ALSO went to private costly high school.

Why is what school Kav went to important and NOT Ford's school?

Old 10-01-2018, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I didn't find Dr. Ford to be an insecure, vindictive person. I do think that due to his beer-induced frat-boy haze, he doesn't remember what he did! Barfing Brett shouldn't be allowed to become SC Justice Brett Budweiser anytime soon!

So, you are against KAV because " due to his beer-induced frat-boy haze, he doesn't remember what he did" and for a woman who due to HER beer-induced Sorority-girl haze, she doesn't remember what she did.

Even though he has DETAILED RECORDS of his whereabouts and activities and she does NOT know HOW SHE GOT THERE, WHERE it happened or WHEN it happened, or how she got home. And ALL of her "witnesses", INCLUDING HER BEST FRIEND, DENY any KNOWLEDGE of the incident.

Got it.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 10-01-2018 at 05:11 AM..

Old 10-01-2018, 05:01 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I hope your daughters will never be in a situation like this. But if they are, would you believe them or belittle them like you are doing to Dr Ford.
I hope my daughter never puts herself in this situation as well, because if my daughter waits 30+ years to accuse someone of sexual assault at a party and:
She doesn't remember the location
She doesn't remember how she got there
She doesn't remember how she got home
Nobody can corroborate her story

Then I seriously screwed up as a parent.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, I don't believe you. Why would her school records be public, mine aren't? Disappearing yearbooks- that would be quite a feat since there are probably hundreds of students who have one in their possession as well as the school itself, public libraries, etc.
Either you lack in reading comprehension or are so biased you are blind to FACTS you do NOT agree with.

The school HAS MADE AVAILABLE through the INTERNET ALL high school yearbooks.

IT WAS AVAILABLE ON-LINE, THEN IT WAS PULLED. The ONLY ones who could have done that IS THE SCHOOL.

I SAW some of the on-line yearbook BEFORE it was pulled and posted link to it. I have seen some of the pictures with Ford and they do NOT paint a very good picture of here during that time.

I HOPE some come forth with THEIR yearbooks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies