Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 10:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,592,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The same evidence has surfaced that Ford was a binge drinker and sexually promiscuous.
Where’s the fairness??!
Then that's what the "Aunt Lydia" prosecutor from AZ the Pubs hired to hide behind should have brought out on Thursday. Because that certainly would have destroyed her credibility.

The fact that they didn't come within a country mile of any question approaching that casts heavy doubt on your claim.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 10:13 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,503,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Let's be honest....you didn't believe he should become a SC Justice before any of this!
I first thought he was another "Neil" clone, but the quality didn't go in when the name went on!

Justice Spuds Mackenzie!

Old 09-30-2018, 10:22 AM

20,130 posts, read 16,202,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I hope your daughters will never be in a situation like this. But if they are, would you believe them or belittle them like you are doing to Dr Ford.
I hope your sons are never in a position like this. But, if they are, would you want them vilified non-stop across all media, denied or fired from a job, or even tossed in jail, with nothing other than some woman from almost 40 years ago saying so?

Old 09-30-2018, 10:26 AM

42,868 posts, read 26,380,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
They needed time to clean up/delete Ford's past... including her school records/yearbooks, work history, and all social media including pictures.

Don't believe me? Just try and find that stuff on the web.
No, I don't believe you. Why would her school records be public, mine aren't? Disappearing yearbooks- that would be quite a feat since there are probably hundreds of students who have one in their possession as well as the school itself, public libraries, etc.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:36 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,100,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
They needed time to clean up/delete Ford's past... including her school records/yearbooks, work history, and all social media including pictures.

Don't believe me? Just try and find that stuff on the web.
Give us your name so we can see if we can find your school records online.

Oh, darn, FERPA prohibits us from seeing your school records.

And guess what? FERPA covers Ford, too.

SAD!

Old 09-30-2018, 10:44 AM

5,765 posts, read 4,730,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, I don't believe you. Why would her school records be public, mine aren't? Disappearing yearbooks- that would be quite a feat since there are probably hundreds of students who have one in their possession as well as the school itself, public libraries, etc.
Just try to google them then.

Try to find:

her yearbooks
any picture of her besides the one in sunglasses
any paper she's written

Old 09-30-2018, 10:58 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,593,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Then that's what the "Aunt Lydia" prosecutor from AZ the Pubs hired to hide behind should have brought out on Thursday. Because that certainly would have destroyed her credibility.

The fact that they didn't come within a country mile of any question approaching that casts heavy doubt on your claim.

I don’t agree, I think it casts heavy on the biased double standards played out at the hearing —soft balls for Ford, hard balls for Kavanaugh.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:19 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,100,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I don’t agree, I think it casts heavy on the biased double standards played out at the hearing —soft balls for Ford, hard balls for Kavanaugh.
The Republicans chose this route because they were terrified of questioning Ford themselves, knowing they would look like a bunch of knuckle-dragging cretins. It was their choice.

I agree that it backfired on them. But no worries, Lindsay Graham managed to let the world know that even having the audacity to question Kavanaugh was shameful, shameful, shameful. Not a word about Ford's testimony, just how awful it was that the Democrats dared to question poor Brett.

He made sure to let the world know the Republicans are fine with sexual assault. Although from their support of a serial sexual assaulter in the White House I guess we already knew that.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:43 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,883,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
She never told her parents.....or even her closest girlfriends! Way to many holes in her story! I find people are too wrapped up in emotions/feelings instead of facts.

You haven't been paying attention to the facts. The MAJORITY of victims NEVER say one word to anyone, even their families or friends. Shame, the desire to have it go away, and the fear of repercussions make them choose to keep quiet. Look at how some have treated her on here, victims KNOW they will be made to look like the bad person by some, so they put it behind them and leave sleeping dogs lie. They figure what good would it do, and who would believe them.

Your post is a perfect example of the things victims try to avoid. Instead of looking at what courage it must take to come out, you look for little things to discredit her. Dr. Ford was a VERY credible person, with no agenda, she did not embellish to make her case stronger, she simply told the truth and nothing more.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:49 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,044,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You haven't been paying attention to the facts. The MAJORITY of victims NEVER say one word to anyone, even their families or friends. Shame, the desire to have it go away, and the fear of repercussions make them choose to keep quiet. Look at how some have treated her on here, victims KNOW they will be made to look like the bad person by some, so they put it behind them and leave sleeping dogs lie. They figure what good would it do, and who would believe them.

Your post is a perfect example of the things victims try to avoid. Instead of looking at what courage it must take to come out, you look for little things to discredit her. Dr. Ford was a VERY credible person, with no agenda, she did not embellish to make her case stronger, she simply told the truth and nothing more.
Majority???? No one at all???? Not true. But feel free to provide evidence to the contrary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies