Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 05:28 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Uh huh. A public servant elected by the public and takes a paycheck from the pool of all American taxpayers dollars ...just told the public to eff off.
Vote him out.
No he didn’t. He was elected by the people of Kentucky, who overwhelmingly support the nomination of Kavanaugh. They are the ones capable of voting him out and he is doing what the constituents who elected him expected him to do.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:40 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Excellent? No, more like PATHETIC!

Next step for the demoralized is violence. You approve?
They fully intend for all this to end in violence, they are just hoping they can troll someone from the right in to striking the first blow so they can take the moral high ground.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:14 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
I get the feeling that "whatever it takes" means different things to republicans and democrats. Things like what happened regarding the Garland vote where they just used their majority to stall the process. Not this scorched earth **** show we're seeing played out by the democrats right now. The dems play for keeps in a way the republicans have proven reluctant to emulate for whatever reason.
Concur. I've noticed several Democrats on here who are fully in support of what was done to Kavanaugh and cite Garland as if there is an equivalency. I think, to some, they truly believe it is no different which is pretty disturbing as one was political gamesmanship and the other actually personally injured and hurt people. I simply could never be the kind of person who supports the kind of actions the Democrats engaged in this last week just to win a political battle.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:21 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Concur. I've noticed several Democrats on here who are fully in support of what was done to Kavanaugh and cite Garland as if there is an equivalency. I think, to some, they truly believe it is no different which is pretty disturbing as one was political gamesmanship and the other actually personally injured and hurt people. I simply could never be the kind of person who supports the kind of actions the Democrats engaged in this last week just to win a political battle.
The American public can plainly see now that Democrats play without rules and without morals. I do believe Dems have committed political suicide here and it will be reflected in the midterms.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:27 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You are 100% correct. Garland was MUCH WORSE than Brett. Brett had to answer questions. Garland spent his entire life preparing for a Job, was selected for it and was shunned.....

I'd say 99 out of 100 people would rather be questioned than shunned. As to our Republic, Garland was also a first in history - the questioning of a SCOTUS nominee was certainly nothing new.

It's interesting how world shaking events.....like the SCOTUS appointing a POTUS....are "yawned at" by the very same people who tell us a drunk is melting before some old men and women questioning him before a lifetime job offer. You couldn't make this stuff up......

Just coincidence also that the last two GOP POTUS were losers of the popular vote. Any reasonable POTUS who gained office in such a way would try to represent ALL of the people as opposed to claiming his 40% approval rating means he can do exactly as he pleases.

That should trouble you. But it doesn't seem to. I imagine you would have been OK with a liberal SCOTUS appointing Al Gore too.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:31 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You are 100% correct. Garland was MUCH WORSE than Brett. Brett had to answer questions. Garland spent his entire life preparing for a Job, was selected for it and was shunned.....

I'd say 99 out of 100 people would rather be questioned than shunned. As to our Republic, Garland was also a first in history - the questioning of a SCOTUS nominee was certainly nothing new.

It's interesting how world shaking events.....like the SCOTUS appointing a POTUS....are "yawned at" by the very same people who tell us a drunk is melting before some old men and women questioning him before a lifetime job offer. You couldn't make this stuff up......

Just coincidence also that the last two GOP POTUS were losers of the popular vote. Any reasonable POTUS who gained office in such a way would try to represent ALL of the people as opposed to claiming his 40% approval rating means he can do exactly as he pleases.

That should trouble you. But it doesn't seem to. I imagine you would have been OK with a liberal SCOTUS appointing Al Gore too.
The fact you can say the bolded (my emphasis), shows you to either be in complete denial as to what Kavanaugh and most especially his family has suffered from these unsubstantiated accusations or you see nothing wrong with unsubstantiated accusations in an effort to ruin a man's life. Neither of those are a good look on anyone.

Do you really support absolutely ruining a person by bringing forth damning accusations with no proof, no corroboration, and not even a whiff of evidence? Because I could never do so as it's against my moral code. One would hope it would be against anyone's moral code but I'm beginning to see that isn't the case with some people.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:52 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Christ, if I were Merrick Garland I’d be thanking whatever deity I believed in on an hourly basis for sparing me and my family from the experience of Kavanaugh.

For the record, I think they should have gone through the process Garland, but they didn’t and, sorry, it is no justification at all for the circus our nation is currently going through.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:03 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
And the Democrat clown parade continues, now that the FBI investigation has proved useless to them-- because it was all about delaying, delaying, delaying.

The biggest clown is Corey Booker who, at least, is clear about what the Dems were after all along: Haven't enough issues been raised for us to move on to a new nominee?

Yup. That has been their goal all along. And we know it.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:07 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,006,008 times
Exclamation FBI Report is in - 'No New Bombshell Information'

FBI Report is in - 'No new bombshell information'

Source: https://www.politico.com/newsletters...he-hill-320604

So confirm Judge Kavanaugh NOW!

Then we can all get back to normal... Russian Collusion!

Old 10-04-2018, 07:12 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
FBI Report is in - 'No new bombshell information'

Source: https://www.politico.com/newsletters...he-hill-320604

So confirm Judge Kavanaugh NOW!

Then we can all get back to normal... Russian Collusion!
Dozens of people who reached out to the FBI with potential information were ignored.

Quote:
"Hours earlier, NBC News reported that more than 40 people “with potential information into the sexual misconduct allegations” against Kavanaugh, including multiple high school and college classmates of the judge, had tried to contact the FBI to no avail."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0876eda9b42fb
Of course there were no bombshells. They didn't talk to anyone who had real information.

This was a sham investigation. It was to provide cover for Senators to vote for Kavanaugh, not to uncover the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies