Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 08:43 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Ah yes, the roommate who had a personal beef with his other roommate - completely reasonable and logical. Riiiggghhhhhtttt. No agenda there at all I'm sure.
So you don't talk to the guy? But the FBI talks to me - who knew nothing - about a neighbors kid who wanted to become an agent.

You should surely roll your eyes. It's not up to you or the media to vet his roommate - that's what the FBI does!

Old 10-04-2018, 08:47 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So you don't talk to the guy? But the FBI talks to me - who knew nothing - about a neighbors kid who wanted to become an agent.

You should surely roll your eyes. It's not up to you or the media to vet his roommate - that's what the FBI does!
So the Democrats are back to hating the FBI? Hard to keep track.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:47 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,453,874 times
The FBIs hands were tied.

EF TRUMP.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:49 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
The FBIs hands were tied.

EF TRUMP.
Well they did the expanded background investigation per the agreement with the Democrats. But I'm sure the Democrats will continue to act like they never agreed to this. Par for the course for Democrats.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:49 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Mitch McConnell went out of his way this morning to ensure that the press could not even be in a physical position to see which senators are entering the room and reviewing the FBI report.

There's a good chance that the American people will NOT be able to see the FBI report, and also a good chance that we won't even know WHO reviewed the report.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1047843625856618496

So, you really think all 100 will not see it?

And difi does not want it released either:

Quote:
"I think the investigation ought to be closely held," she reiterated. When asked how the American people will have confidence in the probe if its results are not made public, Feinstein said, "Well, let's see. ... I can't say, because I don't know what the investigation will say."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/02/polit...ugh/index.html

Old 10-04-2018, 08:51 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Well they did the expanded background investigation per the agreement with the Democrats. But I'm sure the Democrats will continue to act like they never agreed to this. Par for the course for Democrats.
I think the point is that the FBI investigation was a sham.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:51 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Why is it so important to have this guy on the Supreme who has never tried a case. Was this the best they could find or is there some other reason why a more experienced conservative nominee would not do?
He's already a lifetime Judge appointee to the federal courts and he's been trying cases for 12 years.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:52 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,346,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
What concerns me is that we are hearing all these stories about how people are saying Kavanaugh (at best) misrepresented or (at worst)flat-out lied during some of the hearing last Thursday. Yet, none of these people appeared to have been heard by the FBI. Trump said the FBI had "free rein" yet we are also hearing that the scope was very narrow.

In other words, there's some double talk going on (big surprise, politics!). This FBI investigation is likely a sham investigation designed simply to give cover to Republican Senators to vote "yes" and Democratic Senators to vote "no." Really, par for the course.

You know, I get that that hearing last Thursday with Dr. Ford and Kavanaugh wouldn't have even happened if Ford had not shown up. And in turn, Kavanaugh would not have had the opportunity to perjure himself. Yet it looks like he did. But it seems like Senators are being told to put blinders on as if they were a jury in a criminal case. Only take into account what this report says and absolutely nothing else.

That's fine and all... if it was a criminal case.

In any other circumstance, I think we'd see this investigation continue into his statements made at the hearing and their veracity. But we won't. We'll all just have to move on from this I suppose.

I think the Russia Investigation thread is looking lonely. I suppose it'll be time to go back there.
Very little established honesty to had anywhere in this matter. Sure, maybe the last FBI go-around was a sham investigation but then I just clicked on a news item that said Ford is now willing to turn over all her therapy notes to the FBI.

So is that a matter of her not now being heard (sham investigation) or what she should have done in the beginning (fully support to the best of her ability any accusation that she brings forward)?

Plenty to criticize both ways. And so we do ...

Old 10-04-2018, 08:52 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I think the point is that the FBI investigation was a sham.
So the left hates the FBI again? Man this is really going to screw up the Russia investigation.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:55 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
So the left hates the FBI again? Man this is really going to screw up the Russia investigation.

I'm sure the FBI would have been happy to do a thorough and complete investigation. But they were ordered not to do that. The Left does not hate the FBI for following White House orders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies