Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 09:20 AM

46,274 posts, read 27,078,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
You must be joking. One accuser ignored. Many witnesses ignored. An "investigation" hurried along in three days proves it's a sham on its face. It's really sad to see the president abuse the FBI by ordering them to do a flawed and incomplete report on purpose.

So, nothing...got it...

Old 10-04-2018, 09:23 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,300,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
And probably an impeachment from the House once the Dems take it back in November. Won't clear the senate, though.

But Kav's seat will forever be tainted, which is the best dems can do at this point.
They can’t impeach him based off what they have now. They’d have to conduct a more thorough investigation which likely won’t show anything other than more questions

Old 10-04-2018, 09:24 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Kavanaugh has had 7 FBI background investigations on him and everything he has said during the confirmation is under oath.
Exactly!

Dems are flabbergasted that Kavanaugh is hanging in there, too--hence Booker's "advice" to move on to another candidate.

But they have a short memory. Dems, led by Ted Kennedy, pulled this same crapulence when GWB nominated Kavanaugh to the Appellate Court in 2003. They delayed, investigated (but not for sexual misconduct, because THAT NEVER CAME UP THEN), and filibustered on and off for three years until he was finally confirmed.

Democrats: Desperate, disingenuous clowns.

I always wanted to cite myself.

In the OP, I simply referred to Corey Booker's Tuesday statement as "advice." But you'd better believe I am going to quote it NOW:

Ultimately--not whether he is innocent or guilty--this is not a trial, have enough questions been raised that we should not move on to another candidate? Move on to another candidate.

Last edited by Delahanty; 10-04-2018 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: Edited quote

Old 10-04-2018, 09:24 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,267,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA
You must be joking. One accuser ignored. Many witnesses ignored. An "investigation" hurried along in three days proves it's a sham on its face. It's really sad to see the president abuse the FBI by ordering them to do a flawed and incomplete report on purpose.

you liberal trolls wanted an FBI investigation to investigate the people Ford named in the party including her best friend.....you got it! you wanted the FBI to investigate Ramirez silly allegation....you got it!
now you don't like the FBI report because the FBI didn't interview the whole state of Maryland....LMAO! you democrats are a joke....LMAO!!!

Last edited by Hellion1999; 10-04-2018 at 09:37 AM..

Old 10-04-2018, 09:25 AM

8,609 posts, read 10,139,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I'm not "encouraging" anything, just stating a possible outcome.

Look at the guy's skin, he's clearly got something going on. He's not as bad as Steve Bannon, but still not very good:
https://can2-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/p.../kavanaugh.jpg
Stating a possible outcome? There are many ways one may pass away, but you specifically zeroed in on that one. I guess we'll never know the state of James Bond's skin in order to judge him being as he's simply another anonymous poster.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:25 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I think the point is that the FBI investigation was a sham.
Unless something comes from it that sinks Kavanaugh. Then the left will applaud the FBI for doing their job.

Partisanship

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-04-2018 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 10-04-2018, 09:26 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,147,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Here's the underlying message from Trump and the Republicans:

ANY woman who has been assaulted or raped will be subject to ridicule, slander, blamed and disbelieved. The conservative motto is "Good girls stay quiet."
I didn’t get that message at all. I did, however, get the message that if you have views different than the Democrats their is no low out-of-bounds that they are willing to go. This has been truly shocking to watch. I have noticed a few, including Sen. Coons, have finally been trying to dial it back.

They best. After this settles down some ambitious reporter is going to want their bombshell story and they will expose the problems with her account. Just this morning on the Chris Plant Show some lady claiming to know Ford and her family at the time said the parents had a lot of problems with her being out of control.

11,011 posts, read 11,019,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Big difference between openly lying in a forum setting when being questioned by politicians, and being in a dimly lit room and questioned by an FBI agent trained to detect lies & deceit, with a whole nother team of FBI agents behind the glass window with lie detector equipment that measures voice pitch.

Of course you know that, but it doesn't fit your narrative so you attempted to downplay it. I understand. Really, I get it. It's okay.
Looks like someone doesn't know that lying to Congress carries a penalty of felony. Kavanaugh knew it. He knew it well. Just like he knew when he had his six other background investigations those were also under the penalty of felony. So tell me, do you think the FBI are some super sleuths or something? For a background investigation interview like this, they ask questions, they note them in a report and send them to the adjudicating agency which in this case is the Senate (e.g. for their vote). So, as much as you want to believe real life is like what you see on TV, it is not.

Of course you that, but it doesn't fit your narrative so you attempted to downplay it. I understand. Really, I get it. It's okay (well not really - do some flipping RESEARCH!).

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
So Kavanaugh gets confirmed with an asterisk next to his name and impeachment hanging over his tenure, Collins will likely lose her seat in 2020, maybe Murkowski too. There is no victory here. The media will get to the bottom of this. Witnesses will be allowed to speak. Trump should have pulled him when the allegations surfaced.

12,956 posts, read 13,667,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Twelve years on the second highest court in the country with an impeccable reputation isn't good enough for you? That's too bad.
Come on Kavanaugh is "the sticking it to Hillary" nomination. That's why his first nominee was Neil Gorsuch. They didn't want controversy on his first selection.

yeah he's sticking it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies