Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 06:19 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,085,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
The difference is Kavanaugh's lies are no problem for you and any other right wing partisan blind. Partisan hypocrisy noted!

He did not lie....that's the differnece....but keep spewing what your told...

Lets say he lied, why are those on the left not saying this (in the senate)? The ONLY people I see stating he lied are on here.....

Do tell, provide who is saying this....put you money where your mouth is....

Old 10-03-2018, 06:20 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yes, he did! Anyone with a brain knows he did. He lied about the yearbook terms.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:20 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,419,953 times
650+ Law professors have signed a strong petition against BK. WOW! I trust these professors over Trump.

Judicial temperament is one of the most important qualities of a judge. As the Congressional Research Service explains, a judge requires “a personality that is even-handed, unbiased, impartial, courteous yet firm, and dedicated to a process, not a result.” The concern for judicial temperament dates back to our founding; in Federalist 78, titled “Judges as Guardians of the Constitution,” Alexander Hamilton expressed the need for “the integrity and moderation of the judiciary.”
We are law professors who teach, research and write about the judicial institutions of this country. Many of us appear in state and federal court, and our work means that we will continue to do so, including before the United States Supreme Court.

We regret that we feel compelled to write to you, our Senators, to provide our views that at the Senate hearings on Sept. 27, Judge Brett Kavanaugh displayed a lack of judicial temperament that would be disqualifying for any court, and certainly for elevation to the highest court of this land.

The question at issue was of course painful for anyone. But Judge Kavanaugh exhibited a lack of commitment to judicious inquiry. Instead of being open to the necessary search for accuracy, Judge Kavanaugh was repeatedly aggressive with questioners.

We have differing views about the other qualifications of Judge Kavanaugh. But we are united, as professors of law and scholars of judicial institutions, in believing that he did not display the impartiality and judicial temperament requisite to sit on the highest court of our land.

Signed, with institutional affiliation listed for identification purposes only, by the following:

See the names in the link:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rs-letter.html

Old 10-03-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He did not lie....that's the differnece....but keep spewing what your told...

Lets say he lied, why are those on the left not saying this (in the senate)? The ONLY people I see stating he lied are on here.....

Do tell, provide who is saying this....put you money where your mouth is....
I'm saying it! I watched the hearing, the guys a liar. I don't care what anyone on the left says. BTW, plenty of people are sayng it, those without partisan stupididy taking over their brains. You are all partisan fools ruining the country.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Falling asleep is not drunk. I saw her napping in a chair, not falling down drunk. I have an issue with partisan rants, lying and refusing to answer questions. All you partisan fools are ruining our country.

She said she was not 100% sober, so is that falling a sleep, or passing out?

She has a partisan rant, nobody cares she said she is sorry....do you honestly think when she said she was sorry, she changed her mind, she became "non-partisan"? Fools that think that, have ruined the country....

Old 10-03-2018, 06:24 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,339,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Clinton was disbarred.

Under oath, not under oath... it didn't matter to him. He lied all the time about his sexual predation.
Nope. Never disbarred. His license was suspended for 5 years in Arkansas though he has never asked to have it reinstated. He also resigned from the USSC bar. But he was never disbarred anywhere.

And all that was just. An attorney who lies under oath even about about an embarrassing matter should be held accountable.

That however cannot in any way be considered a high crime or misdemeanor. Which of course shows the blatant politics of the Republicans.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I'm saying it! I watched the hearing, the guys a liar. I don't care what anyone on the left says. BTW, plenty of people are sayng it, those without partisan stupididy taking over their brans. You are all partisan fools ruining the country.

Maybe you did not read or comprhened when I said "in the senate"...Are YOU in the senate?

Who in the senate is saying he is lying and pushing that narrative?

I listened to the entire thing also...

Old 10-03-2018, 06:30 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,727,877 times
Quote:
Yes, he did! Anyone with a brain knows he did. He lied about the yearbook terms.
Oh, so you all switched from "he lied about his drinking" to "he lied about what those terms meant". You all are grasping...GRASPING. It's truly pathetic how desperate the left is.

You were not at that school, you were not in his circle, you do not have insight to what those terms meant.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:32 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You really think they wouldn't? C'mon, really? https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/03/u...kavanaugh.html

The letter is pretty weak. You have both Ford and McLean saying that coaching never happened, so it's two against one. Plus the letter reads like a hit piece with this boyfriend throwing the kitchen sink at her with allegations of cheating, credit card fraud, etc, none of which has anything to do with Kavanaugh but is clearly an attempt to impeach her character. Why?

Finally, it's clear that Mitchell knew of the coaching story before the date on the letter. So Republicans had a dialog with the boyfriend before he wrote the letter. Highly suspicious. He's most likely getting paid for his story.
Rachel Mitchell DID know about the "story" of Blasey-Ford discussing Polygraph testing with her friend before the Testimony - that is shown on The Senate Judiciary Timeline for the day before the Testimony.

I don't think they had the Sworn Statement the day of the Testimony - but they did have the information and that explains her questions about it.

About the Letter - I can find it on Twitter and in a few news reports - BUT it does not show up on the Judiciary website. It's clear to me that somebody leaked it to the press or has a different access than I can find. Point is - Grassley says it's a Penalty of Perjury statement and that means that the Judiciary Investigators got the statement.

Grassley Letter to Democrats and Timeline

I apologize - my laptop is in revolt - I had 5 windows open with 77 tabs and it went on strike and went Poof! I'll work on getting some of it back to where I can access it easily.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
She said she was not 100% sober, so is that falling a sleep, or passing out?

She has a partisan rant, nobody cares she said she is sorry....do you honestly think when she said she was sorry, she changed her mind, she became "non-partisan"? Fools that think that, have ruined the country....
She said she had some wine and fell asleep and nothing contridicts that. No one claims they saw her falling down drunk, or even drunk at all. Passing out requires a large amount of alcohol and being drunk, getting sleepy after a couple glasses of wine is not "passing out." I don't care about K's drinking anyway.

Apoligizing matters and everyone knows it. Not to mention it didn't even remotely compare. She called Trump a "faker" who says whatever somes to his mind and that he would be bad for the country. She expressed her opinion of him, not a rant against Republicans. She didn't rant about conspiracys and revenge for Trump and Clinton.

If Kavanaugh came out today and apologized, I would respect that immensely.

All you are doing is making yourself look bad with these silly justifications. This crap only works with the partisans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies