Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2018, 04:18 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Last I checked, anyone charged with a crime in the US has a RIGHT to a defense (via lawyer, self, etc). Since when is the accused immediately convicted upon accusation?
Convicted upon accusation is the world Democrats, Liberals and Progressives want.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:19 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Crazy how some old white guys(and some dumb young one's also) are up in arms because they're afraid of losing their privilege to molest women and girls without any punishment.
Crazy how man bashing sexist discriminatory misandry is permitted on this forum.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:20 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Last I checked, anyone charged with a crime in the US has a RIGHT to a defense (via lawyer, self, etc). Since when is the accused immediately convicted upon accusation?
You think Kavanaugh has been charged with a crime?

Old 10-04-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Convicted upon accusation is the world Democrats, Liberals and Progressives want.
Seems sort of like "snowflake logic" to pretend that questioning someone's fitness for a job during an interview is the same thing as convicting them of a crime.

Ironic coming from the side infamous for chanting "lock her up". So based on your logic the GOP is the punishment without even being charged with a crime party.

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
We’ve heard what Trump thinks about women the fact that he’s defending Kavanough is no big surprise.

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There is going to be a backlash all right, but it's going to go the other way. Women compromise more than 50% of the population. Our days of sitting down, shutting up, and allowing men to get away with whatever they please is over.

We're in the 21st Century now. It's a new era. Get used to it.
Are you going to mate with other women in the new 21st century? Because I'm not having no babies with a new 21st century woman.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Are you going to mate with other women in the new 21st century? Because I'm not having no babies with a new 21st century woman.
You are not needed to have a child.

If we want to get biological for a moment, scientifically speaking very few men are needed to continue the species. Most women only need to get a deposit from the sperm bank to have a child, no such thing for men, at least not yet.

And parthenogenesis for women is likely within our lifetime, the mechanism is being studied in other vertebrates as we speak. Not true for men.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:27 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
You forget that only liberal women make up this metoo none sense. A silent majority of women worry about the future for the country and their husbands, fathers and sons. Keep dreaming if you think most women are metooers.
You are correct, and that is the sad part about it. Had the metoo movement remained politics free, many more women would have been served by it. But if it continues to be associated with a weaponized tool of the left, allowing for baseless or unsubstantiated accusations to go against innocent political enemies, it will be discredited.
Women do have legitimate claims and the guilty should pay a price for their actions. But just like the girl who cried wolf, eventually the calls will not be headed even when they are real.

Then where do the actual victims of sexual abuse go without people thinking there might be a hidden agenda.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:27 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
You are not needed to have a child.

If we want to get biological for a moment, scientifically speaking very few men are needed to continue the species. Most women only need to get a deposit from the sperm bank to have a child, no such thing for men, at least not yet.
Yeah but how you gonna get your child support payments paid?

Old 10-04-2018, 04:28 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Old Gringo, I worked in a profession where I was an equal to men and I was always shown respect and was treated as an equal. If I truly believed that Trump or conservatives were going to try to bring us women back to the 50's then I certainly would not be a supporter and I would be along side you supporting your agenda. Although we know there are abusive men do you really believe this to be true of all men and that it only occurs on one side of the political isle? Please don't wear *** hats and fight for my rights because you've gone over board and discracing women.

If you feel strongly that men are abusive especially if due to your own experience maybe you should surround yourself with better people. Just sayin
What did you think about Trump threatening to sue those women who came forward after the joke/bragging/admission (depending on your point of view)? Specifically Jessica Leads (the one who alleged he stuck his hand up her skirt and grab her breasts) He cut her down as "not his first choice"? Also Natasha Stoynof, who he said of "check her Facebook page, you'll understand".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies