Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2018, 08:22 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You have an advanced degree in biology but you thought test tube babies were grown in test tubes? Was it an accredited school? If so, you should demand your money back.
I never said such a thing. It was the Lucy something who made that claim.

Unless you mean where do you think fertilization typically occurs during IVF?

If you want to call them microcentrifuge tubes I can, though given the person I was responding to it’s likely best I use small words.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:24 PM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
More women attended KKK than men just fyi.
Link? I’ve seen a lot of old pictures of smiling white men standing around a dead black man swinging from a tree, it wasn’t a woman who tied that noose around his neck.

There were women who didn’t think women should have the right to vote, either. Women are not all one unit contrary to popular belief.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:26 PM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
And not all men are misogynistic, the more you know

Black men have it statistically the worst when you think about it.
I have never nor would I say all men are anything. I haven’t seen that said anywhere.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:27 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
But Chrisc does have a point, we landed on the moon like only 6 decades into the 1900s.
And you think that is relevant to a uterus how exactly?

Try to keep in mind we haven’t even made the “hard” artificial organs like kidneys or liver yet and you think you are going to replicate a multi organ system like a uterus and placenta and grow an entire human being.

Somehow I am not going to take the word of someone who thought test tube babies grew in an artificial uterus.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:43 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
What biz owners out there are going to be wild about hiring women after this crazed "I wuz raped and molested by ------- fill in the blank". Liberalism appears to be short sighted, and these crazies getting temp revenge have probably set women back 50 years.
#Metoo Is certainly having a negative effect on medical schools in Canada, though the female subjects interviewed tie themselves into knots trying blame those damn men for not wanting their careers destroyed:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...-movement.html

Who knows? The misandry movement may yet boomerang and end up hurting women more than men.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:46 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Link? I’ve seen a lot of old pictures of smiling white men standing around a dead black man swinging from a tree, it wasn’t a woman who tied that noose around his neck.

There were women who didn’t think women should have the right to vote, either. Women are not all one unit contrary to popular belief.
So true that some women are brainwashed into believing mysogeny is a viable philosophy...

I was really surprised to see stats about how many college educated women voted for Trump
It really made me question the education standards of most colleges...

Old 10-04-2018, 09:00 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,721,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
And you think that is relevant to a uterus how exactly?

Try to keep in mind we haven’t even made the “hard” artificial organs like kidneys or liver yet and you think you are going to replicate a multi organ system like a uterus and placenta and grow an entire human being.

Somehow I am not going to take the word of someone who thought test tube babies grew in an artificial uterus.
Then again congrats because women will become more useless and obsolete by then, the technologies basically reinforce the notion of women only being good for reproduction and nothing else... Society will always and always be maintained by men...

Sorry to see you had daddy issues, I had daddy issues too and so I had to be raised by a single mother who's gotten more irresponsible over the years... But what to expect???

Old 10-04-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
So true that some women are brainwashed into believing mysogeny is a viable philosophy...

I was really surprised to see stats about how many college educated women voted for Trump
It really made me question the education standards of most colleges...
We gonna start using terms like trophywives, gender traitors, pro-life *******, etc too on them now?

Old 10-04-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

Fine, see this book at Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/White-Womens-.../dp/0195124669

If you gonna just reply "But that's white feminism", well this is how you know feminism then doesn't actually give a **** about women of color, let alone women in general... Nothing more than just another hijacked movement...

Come on now, do you want to keep acting like a victim? Or do you want to enjoy life? Try to use hardship as a way to learn how to strengthen yourself as a person.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:24 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,103,522 times
Ya know, if people think there is going to be a backlash against women, I say bring it on. I would rather have the young women I care about fighting against the glass ceiling or job discrimination than have them constantly having to fend off sexual harassment and violence. Why? Because discrimination can be fought in the courts, and sexual intimidation seldom can. Believe it or not, men are not entitled to rule over women, either in the work place or on the street, or where ever. All people should treat all other people with respect, regardless of gender. People should be judged by their character, their work ethic, and the intelligent use of their talents. The pendulum always swings. Right now, the "me too" movement may have some men scared, but they have to remember that women have had to be scared for generations. I know, its hard to adjust, and confusing because you are not sure how to act as an equal. But eventually, we all will learn. It is a learning curve for both men and women, but I look forward to the time when all of us can treat males and females as equals and cooperative participants in society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies