Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 06:10 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,718,543 times

Advertisements

Again latimeria elaborate what you mean about the nice guys.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:12 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
You're saying that if feminists don't try to do vice-versa????

So then again, why do you care about women being recognized achivement-wise so much????
Because we're still at a level where some question if women have much in the way of abilities? And it's not always about high achievements or whatever you're thinking, it's being accepted that we can do it at all.

I mean in that other thread, you were questioning whether a woman could understand they would have to sign legal stuff and that they would be taking on a great responsibility as if we couldn't comprehend such a simple idea of being a leader and how government works.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Because we're still at a level where some question if women have much in the way of abilities? And it's not always about high achievements or whatever you're thinking, it's being accepted that we can do it at all.

I mean in that other thread, you were questioning whether a woman could understand they would have to sign legal stuff and that they would be taking on a great responsibility as if we couldn't comprehend such a simple idea of being a leader and how government works.
So basically as a way to prevent job discrimination

Also, life doesn't revolve around work so boo hoo.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:21 PM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
"You won't be missed when the sexbots get there, why not just eliminate men from the genepool? Women don't need men this age, who cares? Daycares exist for a reason, men are all rapists and deserve to be castrated"

I ask the same question to you amigo!

You should tell the other posters over here to stop with their misandry, you know?
Well, to join the playground fun, I will add “you started it”. Your posts had a chip on the shoulder quality about them, and yes it did result in people feeling defensive and lashing back. But I’m no more responsible for what other women do than you are men. I haven’t said anything untoward about men, yet you’ve challenged most of my posts with comments such as “you just defeated your own comment” (which I still don’t understand) as if you read them only to seek points of contention. That’s not why I’m here.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Again latimeria elaborate what you mean about the nice guys.
I was trying to look into articles that could help explain it. I am not talking about genuinely nice guys in general by any means. I am talking about the Nice Guy. Like as an extreme example, a lot of incels consider themselves a nice guy, but seeing how they talk about women and plans for solving their woes is alarming and they are absolutely not nice people.

"If a girl dumps you, it definitely isn't because you're "too nice." If a girl doesn't like you, even though you held the door for her, or complimented her eyes, she didn't turn you down because you're nice. The fact that most "nice guys" need to understand is that women are allowed to have preferences. This "nice guy" may have a terrible personality, be unattractive, childish, or disrespectful — but if they buy dinner for a girl on a date, he feels that he is entitled to a woman's time."

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/nice-guys-arent-nice

Ah, more in this article:

https://humans.media/why-women-aren-...d-to-nice-guys

Old 10-06-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Well, to join the playground fun, I will add “you started it”. Your posts had a chip on the shoulder quality about them, and yes it did result in people feeling defensive and lashing back. But I’m no more responsible for what other women do than you are men. I haven’t said anything untoward about men, yet you’ve challenged most of my posts with comments such as “you just defeated your own comment” (which I still don’t understand) as if you read them only to seek points of contention. That’s not why I’m here.
I am just trying to defend my gender that's all

Old 10-06-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I was trying to look into articles that could help explain it. I am not talking about genuinely nice guys in general by any means. I am talking about the Nice Guy. Like as an extreme example, a lot of incels consider themselves a nice guy, but seeing how they talk about women and plans for solving their woes is alarming and they are absolutely not nice people.

"If a girl dumps you, it definitely isn't because you're "too nice." If a girl doesn't like you, even though you held the door for her, or complimented her eyes, she didn't turn you down because you're nice. The fact that most "nice guys" need to understand is that women are allowed to have preferences. This "nice guy" may have a terrible personality, be unattractive, childish, or disrespectful — but if they buy dinner for a girl on a date, he feels that he is entitled to a woman's time."

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/nice-guys-arent-nice

Ah, more in this article:

https://humans.media/why-women-aren-...d-to-nice-guys
So??? That's it? And you just poking fun at them adds to the problem

These dudes come from poverty, single mom homes, have mental health issues and are socially akward...

Old 10-06-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
So??? That's it? And you just poking fun at them adds to the problem

These dudes come from poverty, single mom homes, have mental health issues and are socially akward...
I am merely explaining things, not poking fun. Their dating problems have nothing to do with being "nice", so it's erroneous when they try to blame women in that way. They think that simply being nice (sorta...see the articles) to a woman is enough and they are owed dating, sex, etc.

From what I have seen in real life and online, at least some could be perfectly happy with a woman around their number rating (to use that as reference, though it's subjective in some ways. Can still be used for the point) or even a bit above, but they are "nice" to and aim for the 9s and 10s and when it's not reciprocated, they say it's because they're nice.

People who have those circumstances can also turn out actually nice. My husband can be socially awkward. Heck, I can too and am also not neurotypical.

Some may have mental issues, sure, but instead of seeking help, people like incels wish and hope that women should be mandated to date and sleep with them or other alarming plans, or sometimes even end up killing people. Should women date them anyways as they are?

Last edited by latimeria; 10-06-2018 at 08:13 PM..

Old 10-06-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
"You won't be missed when the sexbots get there, why not just eliminate men from the genepool? Women don't need men this age, who cares? Daycares exist for a reason, men are all rapists and deserve to be castrated"

I ask the same question to you amigo!

You should tell the other posters over here to stop with their misandry, you know?
Also, can you see that a lot is in response to what other people say first? Most people don't care or think about the sexbots that much, for example. But when someone (general) who believes it will eliminate need for women period and starts going "Neener neener, we aren't going to need women, pwnd!", it's not unexpected to get eye rolls in response and say how they won't be missed. One created the other response.

Last edited by latimeria; 10-06-2018 at 08:46 PM..

Old 10-06-2018, 08:45 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,955,804 times
Quote:
Also, can you see that a lot is in response to what other people say first? Most people don't care or think about the sexbots that much, for example. But when someone (general) who believes it will eliminate need for women period and starts going "Neener neener, we aren't going to need women, pwnd!", it's not unexpected to get eye rolls in response and say how they won't be missed. One created the other.

I hope that you realize that you’re arguing with a 16 ( almost 17) year old with zero life experience in the adult world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies