Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 05:55 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,139,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
In 2011 13.7 million people, 6% of the U.S. population 16 years old and older, went hunting. Hunters in the U.S. spent an average of 21 days pursuing wild game.

13.7 MILLION armed folks.........plus an estimated 80 million gun owners in the USA today. Consider you're a commie pinko who would just love to overrun our beloved country.......you've launched a nuke to knock out our electrical grid and now you would like to march in and just take over. Now picture going door to door across the land with a 12 gauge or a 30-06 greeting you all over.......forget the deep South for starters, and the upper Midwest hunters next. Kruschev in the cold war and the Emperor of Japan all took this into consideration in WW2 for real.

We are unique in all the world, when somebody wants to come and kick your teeth in you will want to be hugging any NRA shooter you can find............
Expecting an invasion?

I'll alert the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 05:57 AM

45,273 posts, read 26,526,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Expecting an invasion?

I'll alert the media.
We've been invaded and it took place a couple centuries ago. You just fell for the propaganda it fed you and think you're free.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:01 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,139,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
We've been invaded and it took place a couple centuries ago. You just fell for the propaganda it fed you and think you're free.
Then get that bunker built. I refuse to live in fear.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:01 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,708,698 times
Quote:
Expecting an invasion?

I'll alert the media.
It happened already inside his head and the video games. A couple Netflix series showed it also.

Man in the High Castle - also. Bezos has taken over. The peashooter brigade and brave men with hunting equipment will save us all.

The funny part is he mentions these peashooters are coming out AFTER the nukes strike us. As if Russia is going to send in ground troops after a couple hundred thermo-nuclear devices fall on us. And as if the normal joes will have a method to even keep warm and fed.

The "militia" will be whittled down to a couple thousand who "prepped" in the right style. That bunch won't stand up to Ruskies with commissars at their backs. The OP needs to read about Russias...or Germans....or Chinese for that matter. None of them duck when commanded to move forward.

I wonder how the Militia would stand up to WWII era mobile rockets...let alone what they deploy today. Little drones can see infrared (Human beings) and that's that. Unless all the "hunters" have some kind of million-dollar suit, they will be found and disposed of quickly.

Here are some WWII vids of ancient rockets. The Germans pooped their pants when these things went off - and the Germans are arguably some of the best warriors in history.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bWt81vhIyY

Old 10-04-2018, 06:03 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,194,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
It is always interesting when people confuse movies/TV with reality
I think they are fantasizing about the movie "Red Dawn" from the height of the Cold War in the 1980's.

This commentary is actually sad. A bunch of people spending what little resources they have to build up an arsenal that will mean nothing in an actual war. But, we all want to feel in charge of our lives and maybe this helps some find meaning.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:15 AM

45,273 posts, read 26,526,559 times
Quote:
Then get that bunker built. I refuse to live in fear.
I dont live in fear (or a bunker), I do minimize my contact with it as much as possible and sure don't run around singing its praises.
You can keep picking its cotton if thats what gets you off.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:37 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,708,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I think they are fantasizing about the movie "Red Dawn" from the height of the Cold War in the 1980's.

This commentary is actually sad. A bunch of people spending what little resources they have to build up an arsenal that will mean nothing in an actual war. But, we all want to feel in charge of our lives and maybe this helps some find meaning.
One could say the same about opiates.....and both are killers of many that use them......

At least you can take opiates in the living room.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:04 AM

18,515 posts, read 9,196,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
San Fran.... says it all. Stay in your loft and let the men fight it for you. This is what American dominance in the last 80 years has lead to folks. People that think, "It can't happen here".
Men with hunting equipment < tanks, fighter jets, helicopters, and drones. The upper hand went to high technology weapons back in the 1950s. We’ve been reliant on “brains” as much as “brawn” ever since.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:22 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
In 2011 13.7 million people, 6% of the U.S. population 16 years old and older, went hunting. Hunters in the U.S. spent an average of 21 days pursuing wild game.

13.7 MILLION armed folks.........plus an estimated 80 million gun owners in the USA today. Consider you're a commie pinko who would just love to overrun our beloved country.......you've launched a nuke to knock out our electrical grid and now you would like to march in and just take over. Now picture going door to door across the land with a 12 gauge or a 30-06 greeting you all over.......forget the deep South for starters, and the upper Midwest hunters next. Kruschev in the cold war and the Emperor of Japan all took this into consideration in WW2 for real.

We are unique in all the world, when somebody wants to come and kick your teeth in you will want to be hugging any NRA shooter you can find............

Actually itt was Admiral Yamamoto who brought up the impossibility of invading the continental US. The famous "rifle behind every blade of grass" quote. Yamamoto knew what kind of a can of whup ass Japan had opened up when they attacked Pearl. His commentary on that was "I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant."

At any rate our armed populace has been considered by every country contemplating invasion. Ever since the Revolutionary war. The British learned the hard way in both the latter war and the war of 1812. Nobody has tried it since then minus a small Japanese incursion in AK in WW2. The Mexican cartels are playing at it with Viet Cong style raids on our Southern border and down there and in the inner cities the Militia needs to form.

The cartels actually need a good spanking from air and sea power and maybe a division of Marines. But since the government won't do what needs doing from where I'm standing the Militia could and should.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:25 AM

18,515 posts, read 9,196,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Actually itt was Admiral Yamamoto who brought up the impossibility of invading the continental US. The famous "rifle behind every blade of grass" quote. Yamamoto knew what kind of a can of whup ass Japan had opened up when they attacked Pearl. His commentary on that was "I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant."

At any rate our armed populace has been considered by every country contemplating invasion. Ever since the Revolutionary war. The British learned the hard way in both the latter war and the war of 1812. Nobody has tried it since then minus a small Japanese incursion in AK in WW2.
Have you heard of nuclear weapons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies