Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 07:10 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I said, "If Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump or Ted Cruz pulled off their shirts and were covered in tats. That would pretty much instantly disqualify them for public office."

Is that true, Yes or No?

Keep in mind, I didn't ask you whether it should, I asked whether it would.
This is the thing, I don't know there is an easy answer.

If they are covered by tattoos, it won't be an automatic disqualification for me or anybody I know of. But I don't claim I can speak for everybody else. I am a conservative and a registered Republican. Will they attract more younger voters? maybe yes, maybe no. If they covered their face with tattoos, then it is a no for me.

If they only have a small tattoo, I really do believe MOST people won't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 07:21 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If they are covered by tattoos, it won't be an automatic disqualification for me or anybody I know of. But I don't claim I can speak for everybody else. I am a conservative and a registered Republican. Will they attract more younger voters? maybe yes, maybe no.
You know that there is no way such a person could win a national election in the real world. You know it but you refuse to admit it. You refuse to give me anything. Because you are insanely stubborn. Just like a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If they only have a small tattoo, I really do believe MOST people won't care.
Empirically there is no evidence to support your assumption. All of the evidence is on my side. You constantly say that I am assuming and generalizing, but at least I have facts and evidence and history on my side.

You are projecting your own feelings onto the world, and assuming that everyone else is like you. We're not.

Oklahoma might as well be a different country compared to California.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:24 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
You know that there is no way such a person could win a national election in the real world. You know it but you refuse to admit it. You refuse to give me anything. Because you are insanely stubborn. Just like a woman.

Then you should know it is insane to debate with a stubborn woman. I have given you something I could give you, I said, I don't know because there is no easy answer. It is not an automatic disqualification for me but I don't claim to speak for everybody else. I also said, I don't think most people care about a small tattoo. (just my opinion) (small being the keyword) What else do you need?

Have a great evening, that is all it matters.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:37 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Quote:

Empirically there is no evidence to support your assumption. All of the evidence is on my side. You constantly say that I am assuming and generalizing, but at least I have facts and evidence and history on my side.

You are projecting your own feelings onto the world, and assuming that everyone else is like you. We're not.

Oklahoma might as well be a different country compared to California.

lol- your opinion does not = history/evidence/facts. Talk about projecting!

p.s. - I'm retired so I have all day (and night if needed) to show you where you are just plain wrong...

Old 10-12-2018, 08:37 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times
Wow... is this thread still going? People are still that butt hurt about what someone else chooses to put on their body?

Old 10-12-2018, 09:10 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,721,076 times
Well let's now talk about the ruinance of beards shall we

Old 10-12-2018, 09:12 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,147,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Well let's now talk about the ruinance of beards shall we
Start a thread on it, and we will.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:27 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
p.s. - I'm retired so I have all day (and night if needed) to show you where you are just plain wrong...
The evidence is crystal-clear, every single perception of someone with a tattoo is on average, negative. Which is precisely why there are effectively zero elected officials with a tattoo(or at least they hide it). And for women the perception is far more negative than it is for men.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-women-tattoos

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...-a6696651.html

Quote:
"One study asked men to rate a 24-year old woman seen in a photograph on a range of personal characteristics. Some men were shown the photo with a black dragon tattoo on the woman's upper left arm; others were shown the photo without the tattoo. When men saw the woman with the tattoo, they judged her as less athletic, less motivated, less honest, less generous, less religious, less intelligent and less artistic than when she displayed no tattoo.

But Guéguen noticed one curious set of findings in this thin research area: While men see tattooed women as less attractive, they also see them as more promiscuous.

Guéguen conducted a survey of tattooed and pierced women in France, and found that they did tend to have their first sexual intercourse at relatively younger ages."

I'm not here to argue about tattoos. You people continue to ramble your personal opinions, I don't care. I'm just trying to give you a little slice of reality.

I know you like tattoos, and you imagine that everyone else does too. But they don't. Which is why there remains such a strong negative perception about people with tattoos. Which makes it hard, if not impossible, to attain the highest positions in business or the government if you have one.

A tattoo is detrimental to almost every aspect of your life. They create walls and barriers, while providing no benefit. Which is why even when people get a tattoo, they almost always get it somewhere where they can hide it. Because getting a tattoo where people can actually see it, is stupid. And getting it where you can't hide it at all, is about the stupidest thing anyone can do.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...os-stigmatized

Quote:
"Participants rated the images of individuals with an arm tattoo more negatively than the very same image of these individuals with the tattoos digitally erased. Remarkably, the participants who had tattoos themselves held equally negative views of tattooed individuals."

Last edited by Redshadowz; 10-12-2018 at 10:42 PM..

Old 10-12-2018, 10:29 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
If people want to advertise their questionable judgment to me, I have no problem with that.

I'll take that idea and run with it. If people are willing to de-select themselves from my consideration, by sporting visible tattoos, it makes things simpler and easier for me.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:36 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,147,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'll take that idea and run with it. If people are willing to de-select themselves from my consideration, by sporting visible tattoos, it makes things simpler and easier for me.
I like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies