Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2019, 05:44 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Ford was a fake actress the whole time. A lot of people just didn't buy whatever account she had, and we all know that this was nothing more than silly delay tactics on the part of the Dems. Meanwhile, Kavanaugh is finally confirmed and it's time to take care of America's business.
Here's the thing. It does not (or should not) matter whether or not people believed the story. The horror is the blocking or relevant testimony during vetting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 05:54 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Did Kavanaugh rape Ford or not?

He tried to...

But congratulations on getting a SJ that treat females as objects.. The Christian Taliban dream

Old 07-14-2019, 05:58 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Where is Dr Ford??? She took that gofund me money and ran.
In hiding. Death threats. I wonder why women don't report, don't you?

Old 07-14-2019, 08:09 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
He tried to...

But congratulations on getting a SJ that treat females as objects.. The Christian Taliban dream

Hell, ford does not even agree with you....lol...

cannot remember when, where, how she got home, how she got there, how many people were there.....and the people that she did say were there, say they were not there...

Old 07-14-2019, 08:11 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post

kav did not get death threats, and his family?

Old 07-14-2019, 10:26 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You don't really believe her story, do you?

While she should not have received death threats (assuming she really did), virtually everyone except hardcore partisans (that were invested in keep a Trump pick off the SC) believes she was lying.

`

Old 07-14-2019, 10:53 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
In case you missed this informative video when it came out during the Kavanaugh circus, it's well worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGxr1VQ2dPI

Old 07-14-2019, 11:40 AM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Thank you. I think Dr. Ford was truthful and very credible.
Here is the thing....I have daughters, I have sons, nieces and nephews.

I want my daughters and sons etc to be treated with respect, dignity and have a fair chance at pursuing their dreams.

If you cannot provide enough information about an alleged incident that the person in question cannot possibly craft an alibi then it should raise huge red flags.

For example, there is a girl named Michelle that I grew up with. I never once went to a party where she was at, never went on a date with her etc. There is absolutely nothing preventing her from making the same vague claims against me and there would be no possible defense now 30 years later if the time, place or any corroborating witnesses were available. Same goes for your husband, brothers, sons so let that sink in.

There is no safety from such empty accusations, even if you'd done nothing. Not sure how some of you can have any men you care about in your lives and not recognize the level of danger and wrongdoing there. Perhaps that's the problem, an utter lack of empathy.

Additionally, in the case of Kavanaugh there was great concern about the Supreme court tipping. There was a CLEAR motivation to come forward and lie with all of the claims about how R vs. Wade hung in the balance.

People saying "why would she?" um....to keep a Trump appointee off the Supreme Court. Duh.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:41 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
He tried to...

Wait, are you being serious?

Old 07-14-2019, 11:43 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Wait, are you being serious?
This poster thinks that that silly show The Handmaid's Tale is a reality and that Trump is attempting to recreate that. You really do have to wonder what these people are thinking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies