Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 09:18 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
A white man in a business suit would typically do what she said. He would understand the security concern the woman had, let her close the door and key himself in.

Young black men sometimes have a tendency to a short fuse and defensiveness to escalate simple situations. He should have understood a woman alone in a secure building would not want a stranger to her piggybacking on the door she opened. Even if he said he lived there. This man, regardless of race was threatening to the woman by refusing to key in separately.

All secure buildings should have signs saying everyone must key in individually and enforce that.
Another person who didn’t bother to watch the video. Refrain from posting when you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 09:19 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIL9 View Post
I find it so strange that she called the police AFTER watching him enter his residence with a key! Weird.

Her estranged husband who describes himself as a person of color has a short video out about the incident.

https://www.facebook.com/bnmueller02...user_video_tab
That was weird as hell.

Her ex makes a slick video disassociating himself from her while mentioning he's a POC?

I guess maybe he thought he'd get harassed or even fired next if he didn't point out they were no longer together and he no longer lived there.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:22 AM

603 posts, read 445,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That was weird as hell.

Her ex makes a slick video disassociating himself from her while mentioning he's a POC?

I guess maybe he thought he'd get harassed or even fired next if he didn't point out they were no longer together and he no longer lived there.

Yeah, in reading the comments it sounds like there may have a level of push back at him so he probably wanted to put some distance between he and his ex.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:26 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
There you go, she's guilty because of "the state of affairs".

I hope to gawd you never sit on a jury in any court I am in.

It's amazing to me that people here have such little regard for the fears of a single woman living alone in the big city
You sound stupid as hell! Yep she was so afraid that she FOLLOWED HIM, GOT ON THE ELEVATOR WITH HIM, THEN FOLLOWED HIM TO HIS APARTMENT!!

It’s anazing to me that people here think people of color should just obey their nosy ass neighbors. Why in the heck would she call the police after he entered his OWN apartment with a key?!?

She was trying to get him in trouble at that point , clearly it had nothing to do with her safety. Yet some on here are actually saying he behaved inappropriately. He remained much calmer then I would’ve. Not only that, he has since been interviewed and said he didn’t want anything bad to happen to her and would sit down for a conversation with her.

YET , you people are making him out to be some terrible person!

Old 10-16-2018, 09:26 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Another person who didn’t bother to watch the video. Refrain from posting when you don’t know what you’re talking about.
I watched the video. The man was rude and did not care about the security of the building or other people living in it. I imagine he would not be too happy if other residents of his building let anyone in.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:28 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIL9 View Post
Yeah, in reading the comments it sounds like there may have a level of push back at him so he probably wanted to put some distance between he and his ex.
What a world we've made for ourselves if this is indeed true.

Think I'll go live in a cave somewhere. It's the only sane choice left.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:29 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
You sound stupid as hell! Yep she was so afraid that she FOLLOWED HIM, GOT ON THE ELEVATOR WITH HIM, THEN FOLLOWED HIM TO HIS APARTMENT!!

It’s anazing to me that people here think people of color should just obey their nosy ass neighbors. Why in the heck would she call the police after he entered his OWN apartment with a key?!?

She was trying to get him in trouble at that point , clearly it had nothing to do with her safety. Yet some on here are actually saying he behaved inappropriately. He remained much calmer then I would’ve. Not only that, he has since been interviewed and said he didn’t want anything bad to happen to her and would sit down for a conversation with her.

YET , you people are making him out to be some terrible person!

Men should understand security issues women have - stop making it about race. If he would have gotten angrier, this would have ended possibly with his arrest. He was arrogant and insensitive. If he sits down with her it should be to apologize.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:32 AM

603 posts, read 445,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What a world we've made for ourselves if this is indeed true.

Think I'll go live in a cave somewhere. It's the only sane choice left.

Tried to rep you but i gotta 'spread it around' first.

That's where I am having a little fence sitting on this one. Of course people shouldn't be going after her ex but I'm not really sure she should have lost her job over this video. I think she was absolutely in the wrong but she also seemed a bit drunk. Either that or she is just a nut.

Perhaps her employer couldn't deal with the negativity brought upon them due the video going viral.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:33 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I watched the video. The man was rude and did not care about the security of the building or other people living in it. I imagine he would not be too happy if other residents of his building let anyone in.
No he wasn’t. End of story. Watch the video.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:34 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I guess this is how men handle conflict now, run like a little girl to social media.
You have a problem with busybody racists being shamed publicly? Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies