Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 03:51 AM

365 posts, read 499,913 times

Advertisements

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo93tp9Fgiu

https://m.facebook.com/SuccesfulToles/posts/1837387046315833

A white realtor in Missouri was terminated from her job after a viral video showed she tried to block a Black man from entering the luxury condominium complex where he lives.

D’Arreion Toles was returning to his loft in downtown St. Louis when a white woman, identified as Hilary Brooke Mueller, tried to keep him from entering until he proved he lived in the building, reported CBS affiliate KMOV 4.

In videos of the incident uploaded to Facebook, Toles asked the woman multiple times to “please move.”

“I can,” she responded. “Do you live here?”

“I’ve already answered that question,” Toles, 24, replied. “Excuse me.”

Mueller refused to get out of Toles’ way and told him she felt “uncomfortable.” Shen then followed him into the elevator and to his front door.

The woman’s employer, Tribeca Luxury Apartments, released a statement on Sunday saying they found her behavior “disturbing.”

“The Tribeca-STL family is a minority-owned company that consists of employees and residents from many racial backgrounds,” it said. “We are proud of this fact and do not and never will stand for racism or racial profiling at our company. After a review of the matter the employee has been terminated and is no longer with our company.”

Toles said his incident is one example of “something that is recurring in America.” He also told KMOV 4 that he wishes the woman “the best” and “would still have a conversation with her.”

“I am not mad at her. I am not upset with her. I am not going to go after her legally or anything like that,” he said.

https://www.bet.com/news/national/20...man-f.amp.html

Last edited by Synopsis101; 10-16-2018 at 04:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 04:28 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Doesn't make sense...

Quote:
When she first encountered him at the communal door she said, 'do you live here? I'm sorry the keypad is right there, I'm sorry I'm uncomfortable [getting out the way].

Mr Toles, who was still standing in the street, replied, 'you're blocking me into my building, it's my building as well, so can you just get out of my way. I live here and your blocking my way. I've already buzzed in'.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uis-fired.html

How do you already buzz in if you're standing in the street???

Maybe I'm a bit behind on technology but I don't know of any communal door that you can buzz in from the street nor do I know of one where you can buzz in and the door remains unlocked if you leave it.

Unless someone can tell me how this is possible then here's what I would say really happened:

Woman buzzes in through the communal door. Man behind her tries to use her buzz in as his own out of convenience. She won't let him and he freaks out then gets out the camera to film.

He escalated a perfectly reasonable request to have him do his own buzz in and she happily played along with the escalation then went psycho on him by calling 911.

She should have expressed herself better in telling him she wasn't going to allow her buzz in be his buzz in, he should have not been butthurt over it and try to piggyback on her request, and she should have left the matter alone after he produced his key which got him in his personal apartment.

He was looking for an incident...she gave him one. They deserve each other.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:53 AM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times
I think she had the hots for him.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:03 AM

27,197 posts, read 13,489,086 times
Why doesn't she mind her own business, it's clealy an apartment block where people come and go all the time.

Since when do people take it upon themselves to act as some higher authority over others.

Also of she was so concerned about him why did she get in an elevator with him, as that's the last thing I would have done.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:29 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
He was looking for an incident...she gave him one. They deserve each other.
Yes, of course it was the black dude's fault.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:33 AM

603 posts, read 445,901 times
I watched the video. I thought he handled himself better than I would have. The woman seemed drunk but that doesn't excuse her behavior.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:39 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
He should have let her close the door and open it himself. She was right to be vigilant.

I'm white and I would have been glad to prove to her that I live there. He was rude, inconsiderate, and searching for the next viral racial incident.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:40 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,528 times
I just cannot understand, why are people afraid of young black males? They are almost never involved in violent crime.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:42 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Why doesn't she mind her own business, it's clealy an apartment block where people come and go all the time.

Since when do people take it upon themselves to act as some higher authority over others.

Also of she was so concerned about him why did she get in an elevator with him, as that's the last thing I would have done.
When they live in secure buildings that require an electronic key to enter.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:05 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
I guess this is how men handle conflict now, run like a little girl to social media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies