Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2018, 06:35 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

The police showed up 30 minutes later.

Why would she call the police?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 06:39 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I think she did see the key fob but then started to think about the fact that she was being filmed and how stupid she looked, so she tried to create an out. If he flashed the fob at her again, she could have backed down without losing face. Since he ignored her, she had to keep up the nonsense. She probably didn't remember that he had already shown her while on film (since it was toward the beginning of the film, she might have hoped/thought that that particular interaction happened before he started filming). I have teenagers and they come up with similar shenanigans at times... my BS meter is pretty well honed by now.

I can agree that she is not automatically racist. She could just be a complete idiot. In fact, either way, she's a complete idiot. LOL
Yep fair enough

Old 10-18-2018, 06:40 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"When I noticed an individual that I did not know here, my only thought was to follow directions I had been given by condo association board members repeatedly; and that's to never allow access to anyone that you don't know," she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...cid=spartandhp

Either the condo association board members are fools or Hilary Mueller is lying.

Any HOA Board with any concern about liability issues whatsoever would never tell residents to block access. They just wouldn't.
Yes they would. BTW, she didn't block access, she tried blocking him from riding in on HER access. All he had to do was use his own key. Instead he wanted to make a big deal out of nothing and get his viral video out.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:43 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
The police showed up 30 minutes later.

Why would she call the police?
CD posters usually love to speculate but seems there nothing to work with on this one!

Old 10-18-2018, 06:46 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Yes they would. BTW, she didn't block access, she tried blocking him from riding in on HER access. All he had to do was use his own key. Instead he wanted to make a big deal out of nothing and get his viral video out.
We don't know that he didn't swipe in for sure. And all she had to do was not being standing there with the door opened if she were so concerned about the rules.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:54 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,866,481 times
Quote:
"When I noticed an individual that I did not know here, my only thought was to follow directions I had been given by condo association board members repeatedly; and that's to never allow access to anyone that you don't know," she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...cid=spartandhp

Either the condo association board members are fools or Hilary Mueller is lying.

Any HOA Board with any concern about liability issues whatsoever would never tell residents to block access. They just wouldn't.

Exactly.

I've never lived in a secure building, but have had friends who did, and I've worked in secure buildings. At the workplaces at least, training and memos taught us that if somebody we did not recognize as an employee tried to follow in on the swipe of our keycard, to immediately report it to security either by phone or going to the security desk so that those professionally trained could follow up.

I never recall anybody saying either in meetings or memos, that we were to use our body to block access or in any other way interrogate a stranger attempting to get in ourselves.

I would be really curious to know exactly what the memos from the property management company actually said.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:23 AM

I have both worked and lived in buildings where you needed to buzz yourself in.

While I recall being warned not to buzz others in, never once have I received instructions that it is up to me to block access.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:25 AM

There are 31 units in this building with 2 up for sale at the moment in the $160K range.

I would imagine that units in this price range are bought and sold on a regular basis. Got to wonder what Hilary Mueller's plan is to keep up with all the residents and their roommates, etc.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:30 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
I have a couple of questions. I don't know the truth here and it sure seems the woman was acting out of predijucial fear. Which makes me very sad for her.

I have heard that she is married to a black man? is that true? does anyone know?
in this thread, someone suggested that she wanted the guy to use his own code to enter the building as she didn't know him.

do the answers to these questions matter?

Old 10-18-2018, 07:56 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,866,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I have a couple of questions. I don't know the truth here and it sure seems the woman was acting out of predijucial fear. Which makes me very sad for her.

I have heard that she is married to a black man? is that true? does anyone know?
Her ex-husband (they're separated) identifies as a "man of color" in this video he posted in response to the incident:

Brandon Mueller

Other articles have mentioned that he is Bi-racial.

It doesn't make a huge difference either way. Nobody appointed her building security or the police.

I'm genuinely astonished that she has continued to defend her actions, including apparently calling the police after Mr. Toles entered his apartment with a key.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies