Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 04:51 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times

Advertisements

There are 41 countries among North, South and Central America excluding their country of origin and the United States. They are welcome to migrate to any one of them, they don't have to come here....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 04:58 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
There are 41 countries among North, South and Central America excluding their country of origin and the United States. They are welcome to migrate to any one of them, they don't have to come here....

And they have more in common with their culture and language also.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:24 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Exactamente. The childish immaturity of the left’s tactics are being exposed.. Bigly.

Like a Big Mac. I’m loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I am genuinely speechless.

This caravan was intended to arrive right in time to be splashed all over the news at mid-terms. Take your choice, visions of more crying children being separated from their mother and perhaps children in “cages”, which were one of the few things that even rattled Trump’s support from his very loyal base, or pundits pointing out non-stop that this is evidence that Trump has failed at one of his core promises. It would make a lovely public relations nightmare for Republicans.

It failed. It failed because as aggravating, as immature, and as buffoonery as Trump unquestionably is, he has turned out to be remarkably strong and effective when it comes to practicing his “America First” doctrine. Trump looks strong because he is strong. If someone had told me I would be writing those words two years ago I would have called them a liar - but I can be intellectually honest enough to say I underestimated him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
- Mexico sent forces down to stop them at their border

- Mexico is refusing to grant them transit travel visas

- Hondorus and Guatemala have sent buses up to bring their people back

Why? Trump said he was yanking aid if they didn’t help put a stop to it and they know he’ll actually do it. Trump told Mexico he would trash trade agreements and they know he’ll actually do it. They know news headlines painting him as an unfeeling, harsh, orange grinch will not make a bit of difference to him, unlike every other American or Western European leader he doesn’t care about his image. I tip my hat to Trump, he has handled this the right way so far.

Oh, yeah, one other reason they are returning home: whoever was funding them realized instead of this being a weapon to shame Trump, and by proxy Republicans, it’s actually making him look good. I imagine the magical financial support is drying up.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:29 PM

Head in sand thinking. We get it is difficult to accept that stale, boorish tactics are being shown for what they are, manipulative.

Those of us who support Mr Trump get him, for who he is - brutally effective - and what he is accomplishing. It is the effectiveness we want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So, if it's the Dems it's a really stupid idea and if it's the Republicans it's a great idea.

Got it.

The most likely explanation is that it was neither.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:37 PM

The Mexicans appear tohttp https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/americas/live-news/migrant-caravan-mexico-guatemala/index.html:// have awoken to what this is actually about.
Quote:
The foreign ministry said in the release the “atypical and irregular mobilization… was organized wit

Old 10-20-2018, 11:07 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
When caravans invaded during Obama’s presidency did he ever call Mexico? Did he ever threaten cutting off foreign aid? Did he do anything to protect our border?

Old 10-20-2018, 11:21 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
When caravans invaded during Obama’s presidency did he ever call Mexico? Did he ever threaten cutting off foreign aid? Did he do anything to protect our border?
Nope. Obama was a *****.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:26 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There is another large caravan of people numbering in the thousands that are marching their way from Honduras to the American border.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/16/ameri...van/index.html

Trump has already issued a statement to the Gov. of Honduras and others that if they do not stop the caravan then they will face loss of further funding.

Trump wrote. "We have today informed the countries of Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador that if they allow their citizens, or others, to journey through their borders and up to the United States, with the intention of entering our country illegally, all payments made to them will STOP (END)!"

My question is who is funding these caravans? How can 1500 people walk thousands of miles with small children? What do they drink, eat, where do they go the bathroom? Are there buses to shuttle them along?

Imagine the mess they would leave if they were to march down your street?

Why are they leaving their country in the first place? Who is encouraging them? Who is organizing them? Who is paying for their supplies?

Politically speaking I have a feeling that this group will be reaching America the day before the mid terms and how they are handled (the Dems) are hoping poorly ie. splitting up families again and this mess will be fresh on the minds of voters as they head to the polls.

What a mess.
Why don't we stop payment regardless. Since America was never great then we should have never been subsidizing the existence of lesser countries

Old 10-21-2018, 01:09 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
in_newengland
I still want to know who is behind this invasion. Thousands of people didn't come up with this silly idea all on their own and they even said they heard about it on social media.

If it's the Dems, that's a really stupid idea and it's cruel of them to use human beings as pawns.

If it's the Repubs, it might turn out to be a good idea because it gives Trump a chance to show his strength and determination. It's cruel of them too, if they are using human beings as pawns.

I despise Trump but I admire the way he's sticking to his guns and the way he's approaching illegal immigration. Even most Democrats don't want illegal immigration. Only the far, extreme left of the Democratic party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So, if it's the Dems it's a really stupid idea and if it's the Republicans it's a great idea.

Got it.

The most likely explanation is that it was neither.
No. Go back and read what I said. It would be stupid for the Dems to do it. It would be smart if the Repubs did it because it is making their guy, Trump look GOOD.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:17 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah sometimes I start thinking cynically that even Trump isn't really going to do much about illegal immigration. Then he does more than any other president of late.

Still though the Border Patrol has said it's catching 680 people per day, so that means 100,000s a year are being let in where there here forever unless real changes are made.

More than any president of late isn't enough. Border needs to be closed. Take Spanish off of everything. Cut all forms of welfare to all illegals including anchor babies and dreamers. If people want to be here then earn it otherwise go be a refugee elsewhere. Once we have this under control then we can work on all the leeches who are actually citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies