Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 12:05 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the 'SA'? what is the SA and what does it have to do with the US supposedly 'stoking' people fleeing central america?

cool so your lack of rebuttal tells me you have none at all and instead pretend to be confused as to What SA means in this context.

weak ugga, try proving me wrong rather than pretending you don't understand my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 12:07 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
From your own reference:

"The image was real enough, but it didn’t depict what many claimed of it. The picture was taken by Associated Press photographer Fernando Antonio on 19 October 2018 in front of the American embassy in Tegucigalpa, the capital city of Honduras, but the caption accompanying the photograph noted that at the time the picture was snapped, the migrant caravan was “stuck” at the Guatemala-Mexico border, hundreds of miles away from Tegucigalpa."

So two people not in the caravan burn a US flag in support of the caravan, and you're going to blame thousands of refugees actually in the caravan for their action? Wow, how magnanimous of you.

That's what I said....

Old 10-23-2018, 12:08 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images...ng?w=600&h=578

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-23-2018 at 01:01 PM..

Old 10-23-2018, 12:08 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
So US should accept all MS13 gangsters because of guilt over what happened in El Salvador in the 80's?

This is the kind of self loathing stuff that separates me from my leftist brethren. No, I don't want to see people getting dismembered in local high schools as karmic punishment for US foreign policy mistakes 40 years ago. Sorry.
who are you even responding to?

Because nobody here has suggested open borders. Well other than Trumpers and republicans pretending to each other that liberals want this.

And as i have said many times.

IF liberals want open borders why have they never opened them when they have had more than enough opportunities in the last 10, 20 and 50 years?

seriously you guys have never able to answer that. If we really wanted all the guns and open borders why have we never ever done it when we had the means????

Seems to me the right wing pretense of liberals and open borders is thread bare at best.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:09 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
"Democrats are struggling to respond to President Donald Trump and his Republican allies, who are casting the caravan of thousands of migrants headed toward the U.S.-Mexico border as a failure of Democrats to help enact immigration policy in the GOP-controlled Congress."
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/ar...s-13328112.php

Old 10-23-2018, 12:11 PM

271 posts, read 139,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Even if it wasn’t arranged by the democrats, I think if the Hondurans organized this then they felt they would get better more liberal treatment from the American government because it was election time, and they knew the Rs don’t want to be portrayed as racists right before the election.
I no more believe the Honduran nationals organized this than I believe the rag heads in Saudi Arabia organized 9-11.

As a Trump voter, I see it as an issue of national security. Race isn't a factor from any sensible perspective.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:12 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
cool so your lack of rebuttal tells me you have none at all and instead pretend to be confused as to What SA means in this context.

weak ugga, try proving me wrong rather than pretending you don't understand my post.
i honestly have no idea what you mean by 'SA'. i can't rebut unknown terms.

and still you evade my questions..

what borders did we draw in central America, since that seems to be the crux of your argument?

Old 10-23-2018, 12:12 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
naw you just made that up.

and i am completely certain you can't back up a word of it.

The reality is liberals could have opened the borders after jan 2009 when they had all 3 branches and they could have done it a dozen times in the last 50 years.....

but they did not a thus every word you speak about liberals and open borders is proved FAKE , make up rubbish.

because just like guns we had the votes, you couldn't have stopped us and yet we did not do it. Thus the right is simply making things up to scare people and believe it is because the lacks anything else to offer. You guys have no good ideas left.
In fact all the right has left to offer is protecting the super wealthy and scaring average americans.

If i am wrong prove it LS. but you will not because you know i am correct and you know liberals never did open the borders or take guns when they had more than enough votes to do so.

Naw, your wrong, Just like your best president of all time, Obama, the Nation destroying Wonder, that you actually gave a Peace prize to. Maybe next time you can actually find someone that deserves the Peace Prize. Until then we actually have a much more peaceful president

Old 10-23-2018, 12:14 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKay44 View Post
I no more believe the Honduran nationals organized this than I believe the rag heads in Saudi Arabia organized 9-11.

As a Trump voter, I see it as an issue of national security. Race isn't a factor from any sensible perspective.
Leftist propaganda stunts are very rarely based on a sensible perspective. Unfettered emotion and blind miscalculations tend to be the order of the day.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:19 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
“'Hundreds of thousands of people were displaced in the 1980s,' said Elizabeth Oglesby, an associate professor of Latin American studies at the University of Arizona. 'People were fleeing violence and massacres and political persecution that the United States was either funding directly or at the very minimum, covering up and excusing.' Violence today in those countries, she said, is a directly legacy of US involvement."

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/q...nB9tC1CUnGrTnQ
Alright, the daily hate America thread. These people so oppressed by the US with fat bellies, Nike’s on their feet and 15 kids. I think they were well screwed up without our help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies