Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 06:08 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Those photos of bloodied Federales were phony. Re-captioned from some other affair in the past.
I know nothing about photo's. I read that several border police were injured including journalists (assaulted with stones).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 06:08 PM

477 posts, read 276,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1N10Q8

So what exactly do they plan on doing? They want work they were OFFERED WORK by the Mexican Government! They plan on living off of welfare here!? I hope President Trump uses everything available to stop them. Shoot them if need be.
No, unless they try to physically harm anyone they shouldn't be shot. That is *exactly* what some of the pro-illegal immigrant types want, a tragedy that creates sympathy and support for their agenda/cause.

If you watch the youtube videos of the volunteer border patrol types, they are very adamant about not engaging the illegal migrants directly; they hold in place and alert the Border Patrol with what they saw so they can handle it.

That is one of the reasons I believe the U.S. Army's Special Forces unit(s) have been sent. They are skilled warrior diplomats who know when, where and how to use force. They have the maturity and experience to know how international incidents can be set off if things are not handled properly. They speak the language of the people they're likely to encounter and work with and their presence should be a calming one, not an alarming one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So I have a question.

If Mexico's economy/social structure can easily absorb these people, and they're very willing to do it, why can't the US?
That depends on your definition of "easily absorb," as well as the end game expectation of the desired quality of life. Let's also not forget how much more room Mexico has because so many of their countrymen are IN THE USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Things aren't looking good for the hysterical Democrats trying to pretend President Trump was lying when he pointed this out. That seems to be their response to everything they don't like to hear: "It's all a lie!" - with nothing to back up their screeches.
I don't believe Trump had his facts straight when he declared what types of criminals (beyond the types that cross illegally) were in the caravan. That said, only a fool would believe each and every illegal migrant had a bright shiny halo. If they're willing to begin their "stay" in a foreign country by breaking a law, what else are they willing to do to remain?

Speaking of the media asking Trump for evidence however... there was no evidence against Judge Kavanaugh and it didn't stop the liberal side from treating allegations as facts now did it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Did you all catch that? "Scheduled." That means that these caravans aren't just spontaneous road trips; they are planned and arranged ahead of time.
I believe this was planned very well. In fact, I think the caravan(s) will arrive *just* in time for Christmas, when it will be easy to tug at the politically moderate fence-sitters' heart strings through a series of "awwwww" media stories.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:09 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Along with calling the caravan an "invasion" ofcourse the BRAINLESS MORON is implying that our military is going to fire upon those people, because he is toooooooo freaking stupid to even know about~

Pos·se Com·i·ta·tus Act.
[ˌpäsē ˌkämiˈtādəs ˌakt]
NOUN

law
a federal statute prohibiting use of the military in civilian law enforcement
It IS AN INVASION!

It will be precidenttly stopped.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
It becomes fake news when the photos are re-captioned as current. And I also see the utterly phony Soros mem about funding Black Hate groups. Proven phony by multiple sources including the source quoted.
Why don't you talk to one of the black posters here who was an insider of the original group that included both white people and black people, which was dismantled by BLM? Even he stated Soros funds BLM.

You aren't doing yourselves any good by denying that both sides are nothing but puppets for more powerful elite puppet masters. On the left, it's Soros. I'm still trying to figure out who it is on the right. Koch brothers are involved, but I don't think they're in charge.

Start by reading through the DNC emails that were leaked. You could use the education.

Last edited by MPowering1; 10-29-2018 at 06:39 PM..

Old 10-29-2018, 06:17 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
General O'Shaughnessy mentioned during the press conference that Mattis authorized units to be armed. I listened to those words coming out of his mouth.
It will be interesting to see what authority they are going to use for putting armed military troops at the border, by law the only thing they can use a weapon at the border for is in self defense.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I know nothing about photo's. I read that several border police were injured including journalists (assaulted with stones).
Do you have a source for that? If so, it should be in the history of your web browser. I sure would like to see it because I can't find anything about it online.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I heard it during the press conference.

Do you actually think the troops are going down there with sharp sticks and harsh words?
Do you actually believe they are going to shoot people at the border?

Old 10-29-2018, 06:37 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
i Have read that too. But illustrated with the bloody pictures so I would think it phony.
But give a cite and we will go see.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:44 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It will be interesting to see what authority they are going to use for putting armed military troops at the border, by law the only thing they can use a weapon at the border for is in self defense.
This implies that they will attempt to cross illegally, what you guys have been claiming won't happen.

Only about 20% of those people qualify for asylum, will the rest trek back to wherever they came from? They should since they don't qualify for asylum or to emigrate.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
i Have read that too. But illustrated with the bloody pictures so I would think it phony.
But give a cite and we will go see.
This article says the Mexican border patrol had no weapons but some on the caravan did. Apart from guns, they knocked down the fence and threw rocks, molotov cocktails, and anything they could get their hands on at border patrol.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/mig...aves-one-dead/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies