Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 01:34 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,458,018 times

Advertisements

Don't know if it's been mentioned--seriously, 173 pages already?--but all the caravans have their own Facebook pages and all communication is being handled through a WhatsApp group.

I was following links from group to group on Facebook and there's at least 15 caravans going or in the works. The next really big one leaves El Salvador on the 31st.

I think it was one thing when it was "a group of people looking for work." But this--this is huge. And they're still actively organizing for upcoming caravans.

Here is the link for one of the caravans. There's links in the comments to various other groups.

https://www.facebook.com/El-Salvador...986/?ref=br_tf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 01:45 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
They will, possibly already are destroying the economy - they send billions back to their Home Counties yearly, depriving the U.S. economy of monetary circulation and burdening our social services by adding the weight of prolly millions of non/citizens to Medicaid, among other services intended for citizens. They stress the social structure by necessitating special instruction in schools, stressing of police and safety forces due to non-citizen brown-on-brown crime and general gang activity.
Quote:
154 mass shootings this year and not one committed by a black man or illegal alien.
Let that sink in.
If these people are so dedicated to coming to the USA that they would walk 1000 miles i'd say these are the kind of hard working immigrants this country needs.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:25 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
With all of the complaints people have against President Donald J. Trump, this makes his presidency all worth while:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/militar...say-1540820650

"The U.S. military plans to deploy 5,000 troops to the southwest U.S. border in anticipation of a caravan of would-be asylum seekers and migrants currently moving northward in Mexico, U.S. officials said Monday."

That's right folks, we DO have a wall, and it's dressing in fatigues and carries the American Flag.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:26 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Seen the videos? Tearing down border gates and attacking the Mexican Police does not equal "poor refugees" in anyone but a Leftist's brain.
Sounds like a rock concert on a bad day.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:30 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I posted a link a couple of days ago. This is who is funding this caravan:

Home

This is who is funding them:

https://joeforamerica.com/2018/04/wh...sin-fronteras/
Let me save everyone some time here.

Guess who?

Soros! At least, according to Glenn Beck.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Sounds like a rock concert on a bad day.
Did you miss post #410 posted by Odium14?

//www.city-data.com/forum/53430603-post410.html

Be flip, but does that look like a rock concert on a bad day to you?

Old 10-29-2018, 02:34 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If these people are so dedicated to coming to the USA that they would walk 1000 miles i'd say these are the kind of hard working immigrants this country needs.
You live in Canada but you could certainly be right in that thinking!

Old 10-29-2018, 02:49 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Deploying over 5200 troops with weapons, and aircraft support to harden our southern border ~ General O'Shaughnessy

Concertina wire is also being deployed.

We're taking this serious.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:59 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Deploying over 5200 troops with weapons, and aircraft support to harden our southern border ~ General O'Shaughnessy

Concertina wire is also being deployed.

We're taking this serious.
No source for that, huh? The reason I ask is that I found an article with quotes from General O'Shaughnessy but there is no mention of weapons...

Quote:
The deployments will include three combat engineer battalions, members of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and troops who specialize in aviation, medical treatment and logistics, O’Shaughnessy said. He highlighted the deployment of helicopters, which will deploy with night-vision capabilities and sensors that will help CBP determine where they need to be. “We’ll be able to spot and identify groups and rapidly deploy CBP personnel where they are needed,” he said. O’Shaughnessy said that the Pentagon also will deploy military police units and cargo aircraft, including three C-130s and one C-17. Combined command posts will be established to integrate U.S. military and CBP efforts. “As we sit right here today, we have about 800 soldiers who are on their way to Texas right now,” the general said. “They’re coming from Fort Campbell. They’re coming from Fort Knox. They’re moving closer to the border. They’re going to continue their training, and they’re ready to deploy to actually be employed on the border.” https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.809ace1ff681
In fact another article specifically states that the troops will not be armed:

Quote:
Like the Guardsmen already serving along the border, the active duty troops will not be permitted to carry out law enforcement duties since that is not permitted by federal law. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-m...ry?id=58830081
so..I will be anxiously waiting for you to post the source where you got your information from

Old 10-29-2018, 03:03 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,782,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No source for that, huh? The reason I ask is that I found an article with quotes from General O'Shaughnessy but there is no mention of weapons...

In fact another article specifically states that the troops will not be armed:

so..I will be anxiously waiting for you to post the source where you got your information from

General O'Shaughnessy mentioned during the press conference that Mattis authorized units to be armed. I listened to those words coming out of his mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies