Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2018, 01:00 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,984,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Rules of engagement will be strict and effective. Just like the Marines guarding the U.S. embassies abroad. Have we EVER heard embassy guards and snipers working in the embassies accidentally shot civilians to death? (embassy guards being the keywords here) They follow strict rules of engagement. Warning shots first! They (military) are trained to follow order, unless the shot is authorized, they don't shoot civilians for fun. *only the anti military morons on this board would believe they are some kind of killing machines with no moral.*

I think using military is actually safer for the civilian illegals.

This said, 18 US Code 1385 forbids the use of federal troops to enforce domestic laws except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress. So the military could only be used if the US were facing an actual military invasion, not a steady trickle of individuals violating immigration law.

Barring that actual military invasion, border security is the responsibility of DHS.

That’s why the National Guard has been used so often in local troubles: they are managed by the states and are not subject to the posse comitatus limitations.

Even though I think using the troops to secure the board would be an excellent option (better than the wall in my opinion), I do wonder if President Trump can get it done. (legal stuff, congress approval, etc)
You are adding words.
It does not state "a military invasion", just an invasion period.
4000 people storming our border would be an invasion, and the military would be legal in defending our borders.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 01:02 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Trump. For... farmers cheap labor but he 'll have to kidnap them first, restrict their access to apply for citizenship, restrict access to education, label them terrorists that will kidnap American journalists and murder them.....

Nope! Only 2-4% of illegal aliens are picking crops the rest have taken jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border.

There is no proof that Trump knowingly had any illegals working for him either. Rich business owners don't hire manual laborers themselves.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Can you specify what the threat is? What do you think they will do when they get here, and how will that affect you?
Well, let's see. They will take American jobs, taxes and resources. Overcrowd our schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods. Deplete our natural and social resources and add to our crime stats not to mention that we have no idea if some are criminals and terrorists. Is that enough to negatively affect all of us?

Old 10-18-2018, 01:11 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nope! Only 2-4% of illegal aliens are picking crops the rest have taken jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border.
Yes, I've been around the construction industry for 25 plus years and I've seen the Hispanic/Mexican workers increase across all trades. This includes good jobs like electricians and plumbers not just general laborers. Those are all jobs that Americans will do. I've seen this change personally. This isn't anecdotal stuff or things you've heard from friends of a friend say or whatever.

They buy fake id's and they are in. You can get your hands on those fairly easily, enough to be able to apply for union membership and your off and running.

That is on commercial construction sites it's even way more so in general residential work especially these contractors that do remodels and things along those lines.

Whites and blacks and others are rare on job sites now.

Yes, before anyone says anything of course I can't say all of these people are illegals, but odds are what they are that are certain amount most certainly are.

The things that really sucks about this is the minute you say this, out comes the charges of racism.

Such a stupid dumb as all get out break in logic that I can't even believe it. It's meant to shutdown discussion and your then forced to spend time unpacking the fact that you're not a bigot etc etc.

In other words it's a conversation stopper.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
His base thrives on the fear of poor brown people (fear that they will somehow take their jobs, rape their wives, and give them the measles). He's not afraid of them... he's pandering to the base.

Oh stop with the skin color/race card BS! This is about our immigration laws and their skin color/race is irrelevant. Yes, they will take American jobs otherwise how are they to survive here? Some are rapists and that's just a fact. Some have communicable diseases also as they aren't vetted like legal immigrants for those things.

If Trump is pandering to law abiding Americans how is that a bad thing?

Old 10-18-2018, 01:15 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,260 times
Can't say he didn't supply a wall.
See how clever he is. Good timing.
Save money.
Soldiers are already bring paid.
A Human Wall.
Stand at attention elbow to elbow, for 8 to 10 hour work days.
North Korea- style saving money already ! maga-yah

Old 10-18-2018, 01:16 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
You are adding words.
It does not state "a military invasion", just an invasion period.
4000 people storming our border would be an invasion, and the military would be legal in defending our borders.

Bob.
The problem, this 'invasion' benefits alot of people and groups, businesses that rely on cheap labor, Law enforcement that relies on drugs coming in, in order to justify waging the drug war...if the supply was cut off, it would be financially devastating for many.

There are many police depts that rely on cash and property seizures from drug busts, as part of their operating budget, not to mention, their annual budgets...the drug flow must be consistent for these people.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The problem, this 'invasion' benefits alot of people and groups, businesses that rely on cheap labor, Law enforcement that relies on drugs coming in, in order to justify waging the drug war...if the supply was cut off, it would be financially devastating for many.

There are many police depts that rely on cash and property seizures from drug busts, as part of their operating budget, not to mention, their annual budgets...the drug flow must be consistent for these people.

Time to end this corruption and having to police those who are a part of it.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:23 PM

9,459 posts, read 5,229,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I disagree about using the military on the border. And 4000 people is NOT a "trickle." It's an invasion.
I think I 'quoted' the wrong comment but I stand by my opinion, and apparently, others agree with me.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:27 PM

9,459 posts, read 5,229,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I would just assume 4,000 people would be stopped at the border as well as any others. That is why we have a border patrol.

Why engage the military? Why be afraid and try to generate fearmongering. We have a process in place. Why all the hype?

Tempest in a tea pot.
That's funny, really. I hope you were being sarcastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies