Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 10:04 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
hmmm

Well, of course liberals dislike the First Amendment and would welcome violence against DNC critics. They would pull a Kashoggi on them if they could get away with it and left wing jerk followers would cheer. TDS freaks do not value the role of a free press and right to dissent in a democracy. This is nothing new

See how easily your whining can be slightly altered?
Yes, it is easy to do, but:

(1) It portrays you as resorting to the "I know you are, but what am I" line of response, which is juvenile, unoriginal, and weak.

(2) You're wrong anyway, because Trump's behavior with respect to violence and the media is well documented by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
once again, for the 10 millionth time..THE USA IS NOT A DEMOCRACY!!! We are a constitutional republic..duh...when are you going to learn?
Yes, you're right. You're also engaging in irrelevant diversion from the salient point, which is that we used to have Presidents and people who valued the principle of allowing the media (and society as a whole) to express public opinions, even ones dissenting of the government. That used to be an important American principle.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:04 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,565,672 times
Physically assaulting anyone, including reporters, is far worse than expressing oneself via free speech by verbally challenging politicians, be it in a restaurant or anywhere else.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:10 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

Meanwhile, rosenstein just joked about overthrowing the legally elected president.
Not really legal if he conspired with Russia, and certainly not legal if he is mentally unfit for office

Old 10-19-2018, 10:11 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Physically assaulting anyone, including reporters, is far worse than expressing oneself via free speech by verbally challenging politicians, be it in a restaurant or anywhere else.
Deplorables would probably disagree with you there

Old 10-19-2018, 10:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
I'm surprised he didn't offer to pay the legal bills of that congressman too while he was at it...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45913921

$385 for a guy that has YUGE income. That was his fine.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:13 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post

Since all we have is the reporter's recording of the incident, I wonder who touched who first? If the reporter touched Gianforte, that could be considered assault and battery (on top of the trespassing), in which case Gianforte was simply defending himself against an overly aggressive reporter.
Having seen so many reporters using "in-your-face" tactics to further their "news-gathering" efforts, I wouldn't be a bit surprised...
Regardless, Gianforte defused the issue by admitting "guilt", apologizing to the damfool reporter, and completing the sentence handed down by the court.
Montana voters sided with him enough to send him to Washington. Hopefully, they retain him this time.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:14 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I like that guy too

I like seeing the righties display their hypocrisy making allegations that the left encourages violence.

It's also kind of amusing seeing them portray as some kinda badass, I think we saw his true colors in Helsinki kissing Putin's butt.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Deplorables would probably disagree with you there
Rubio should have body slammed Alex Jones.....

Old 10-19-2018, 10:16 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
For once, it would be refreshing to hear Trump or a Trump supporter to say:

Quote:
"Look, I don't like a lot of what is said in the press, and I'll always defend against it. That's my right. But the notion of a free press being allowed and even supported in questioning and criticizing the government is a principle I hold dear. This is important to our long-term viability as a free nation, and so even as I disagree, I respectfully support their right to question me."
Not that it will ever happen, because they don't actually believe it.

Old 10-19-2018, 11:00 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Situational violence.

1. It's wrong for the congressman to physically attack a man, it's wrong for Trump to support a man who does that.

2. It's wrong for a Team Blue member to physically attack a man, it's wrong for (insert Team Blue politician) to support a man who does that.

3. It's wrong to initiate violence...period.

I'm down with all 3. Team Red is down with #2. Team Blue is down with #1.
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Since all we have is the reporter's recording of the incident, I wonder who touched who first? If the reporter touched Gianforte, that could be considered assault and battery (on top of the trespassing), in which case Gianforte was simply defending himself against an overly aggressive reporter.
Having seen so many reporters using "in-your-face" tactics to further their "news-gathering" efforts, I wouldn't be a bit surprised...
Regardless, Gianforte defused the issue by admitting "guilt", apologizing to the damfool reporter, and completing the sentence handed down by the court.
Montana voters sided with him enough to send him to Washington. Hopefully, they retain him this time.
Oh just admit you think it is okay to assault people of the opposite ideology already.

Maybe we could make a cage match of Giaforte and his supporters against Antifa and their supporters. They deserve each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies