Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 02:27 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
Amazes me at all these people who hate the middle class so much they don't want them to have a tax cut....really sickening.
Trump sure hates the middle class. That's why they got crumbs from the tax cut. Paul Ryan was so out of touch about how little the middle class got, he got trolled on that

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/02/...tax-cut-tweet/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 02:33 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking Trump announces new tax cuts for Middle Class

No he didn't.

He just tossed out another lie that his Trumpling followers swallowed whole.

Congress isn't even in session and won't be until after the election.

What he said:

tRump: "We're looking at a 10% tax cut for the middle class. It'll be ready before the election."

What he means.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:38 PM

9,885 posts, read 7,220,605 times
Quote:
Amazes me at all these people who hate the middle class so much they don't want them to have a tax cut....really sickening.
I don't believe your statement is the case. The issue here is that the President said that a middle class tax cut would be in place in before the mid-term elections - less than 2 weeks away. Unfortunately, it's a pure lie - it can't happen that fast as Congress isn't around to propose the bill and vote on the legislation.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:43 PM

949 posts, read 573,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
You just need a gullible mass and he's got it.
Where have you been? The US govt and its population demonstrate gullibility regularly. People believing in religion over facts prove this again and again.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:52 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,358 times
The empire will fall. Just be patient.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:29 PM

1,070 posts, read 393,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Guess u Missed Harris and her stump speech where she said the Dems will scrap the tax cuts and raise taxes to epic levels to pay for universal income for the middle class. But, leaves out the poor and upper middle class. So by the chart and my income Harris and the dems would increase my federal taxes by 40% but, BUT, they will give me back $1200 and leave out the lower classes as well as the upper middle class. More proof that Dems hate poor black people. ***** be cray.

https://slate.com/business/2018/10/k...-tax-plan.html
Kamala is one insignificant Dem

Wanna talk Louie Gomert for instance?! - “every teacher needs a gun!”

Last edited by TonyNC; 10-23-2018 at 05:41 PM..

Old 10-23-2018, 05:38 PM

1,070 posts, read 393,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
It's not + or - .1%, q1 was 2.2% and q2 was 4.2%. That's a 100% increase when virtually nothing in the markets has fundamentally changed. Did Trump's tax cuts (which mostly went to stock buy-backs) suddenly kick in q2? No, that's why it doesn't make sense to attribute 4.2% growth to Trump's tax plan.

I don't generally believe in supply-side economics, but you miss the point anyways. In general, the point of giving a corporation a tax break is to incentivize investments in productivity. Or, at least thats how it's sold by conservative economists. For example, if you give a factory owner a tax cut, he may invest in a more efficient plant. Business decisions don't happen overnight, and neither do changes in productivity.

Again, I think this is all bogus because consumer spending makes up 70% of the economy. Consumers wield the ultimate power here.
Please take a Reading Comprehension course!

Until Q2 2018 GDP has been steady - then it doubled - NOT a coincidence. Market reacted to defat projections and pending tariffs.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...gdp-in-the-us/

I’m a Bigly believer in forecast vs. reality:

“Yet in the end, the deficit was almost twice what the White House estimated it would be: $779 billion, compared with the forecast $440 billion.”

This was short-term prediction and it was 50% off!

Thanks for the tutorial on intent of corporate tax breaks! You missed my points! - You didn’t even read my info/link! Theoretically if taxes are cut enuff on companies, investment will result. What i said is that companies were flush w/cash AND coulda borrowed at near 0% interest. They didn’t need incentive to invest AT THIS TIME.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:34 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Trump should have just proposed a tax cut of 20% for next year, rather than 10%. Nothing really matters anymore as long as the middle class gets something, all good. These are many of the same people who voted against the stimulus bill in 2009 during the recession. You got something out of it so who cares if the wealthy received a majority of the benefits, deficits don’t matter when there is a Republican president and a republican congress.

Last edited by Goodnight; 10-23-2018 at 06:47 PM..

Old 10-23-2018, 06:44 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Those of you who object to tax cuts, feel free to pay more.
I would 100% opt out of a tax cut if I was guaranteed to be locked in at my tax rate when we inevitably have to have a massive tax increase to actually pay for everything we're doing.

We're in an idiocracy right now because short-sighted people keep rooting for an extra $50/M to stick it to government, like they aren't going to be the ones forced to pay it back eventually with interest.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:26 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I would 100% opt out of a tax cut if I was guaranteed to be locked in at my tax rate when we inevitably have to have a massive tax increase to actually pay for everything we're doing.

We're in an idiocracy right now because short-sighted people keep rooting for an extra $50/M to stick it to government, like they aren't going to be the ones forced to pay it back eventually with interest.
They aren't going to be forced to pay it. Future generations will. But why would Boomers care about that? They have never cared about the economic welfare of future generations. Why start now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies